Poll: Do you support Albineaux the Gator?

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    2 quotes...with and without tail...
    I will. I want him looking exactly like that picture.

I been just kinda looking at albino gator costumes, but that AI generated one is a winner.

Whoever does decide to wear it, you be hotter than a wh*re on nickel night.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    2 quotes...with and without tail...
    I email them but they have the pricing I don’t know if y’all want the mouth to move I did choose moving eyes though lol.they have cooling fans etc that you can order with it.

https://mascotmakers.com looks legit.

I uploaded the picture that I posted as far as the look.

There is 0% chance our next mascot will be a white alligator named albino. No matter how stereotypically Cajun you spell it.

A gator, maybe. A white gator, unlikely. One named albino, not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    This is why I am going for a Albineaux Gator Mascot!! This thing looks ferocious!!

I am so down this is exactly what it needs to look like in real life !!

This is it!!! Thankyou AI!! Damn that looks sharp as a mascot!! If this don’t change y’all mind I don’t know what will. This would be awesome. This what it would look like in real life on the sidelines. I am so down that thing looks legit !!

Attachment 19251

Other AI images that didn’t make the mark

Attachment 19252

Crawfish after seeing the AI costume I am not down

Attachment 19253

Attachment 19254
    Here is a video of 2 live Albino Alligators at the Denver Zoo. Louis and Ana?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Nk30YzzBM

The gator is associated with UL for over 125 years. It is a natural mascot. The crawfish does not bode well as a mascot and certainly not as a costumed mascot. Plus, people around the country would confuse it with a lobster. Not a good choice, IMO.

We all have different thoughts about the perfect mascot, but we will never get anything done if we continue on the path of resistance. This is something all UL alumni and fans need to embrace.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post

The gator is associated with UL for over 125 years. It is a natural mascot. The crawfish does not bode well as a mascot and certainly not as a costumed mascot. Plus, people around the country would confuse it with a lobster. Not a good choice, IMO.

We all have different thoughts about the perfect mascot, but we will never get anything done if we continue on the path of resistance. This is something all UL alumni and fans need to embrace.
    I love Coullion drawings and depiction now the name is a pass. The only reason why it might be a no go is because Florida gator mascot is called Albert, Alabama mascot is called Al. Now with the name like albineaux people will call him Al for short.

Love everything else but the name might have to change. I haven’t put the time and effort that Coullion has put in this mascot. I don’t want to be to critical.

He has done a terrific job coming up with this mascot and really been leading the charge for over years trying to get it done!!

I just hope I ain’t over stepping my boundaries talking about a go fund me page and having a grass roots effort , and having someone dress up like the mascot and trying to get people at football games etc. to try to have a grassroots effort in popularizing this mascot.

All I want is if the University is not going to take the initiative then we as fans are going to have to.

Plus it would be fun showing up hours before the game and taking pictures and hanging out at tailgate areas interacting with fans.

People would love it. I promise you who ever did it would have the time of there lives.

The Cajun Chicken had
    the time of his life .

6. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

These are just so cool. Put some red eyes and a red and black clothing and it will not be able to be beat. The snout on the alligator lends itself to being costumed. It can be both the meanest looking mascot and also to most gentle.

I love Coullion drawings and depiction now the name is a pass. The only reason why it might be a no go is because Florida gator mascot is called Albert, Alabama mascot is called Al. Now with the name like albineaux people will call him Al for short.

Love everything else but the name might have to change. I haven’t put the time and effort that Coullion has put in this mascot. I don’t want to be to critical.

He has done a terrific job coming up with this mascot and really been leading the charge for over years trying to get it done!!
    Remember that criticism of the work, is not criticism of the person. I see a lot of confusion around that now in all aspects of life. His artwork is great. His enthusiasm is impressive and contagious. Some of it needs work (name primarily). None of that is criticism of him.

8. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Call him JAX

First everything Cajun ends in X and regardless of his legal name he is a Jammin Alligator

JAX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Nk30YzzBM

Also Louisiana Purchase Gardens and Zoo in Monroe had a Albino Alligator exhibit for a couple of months during the winter months. Which they may have borrowed from another zoo. If Monroe has it then I am sure the Audubon Zoo surely has albino alligator exhibit.

https://www.facebook.com/DiscoverMon...9443979579430/

Also Louisiana Purchase Gardens and Zoo in Monroe had a Albino Alligator exhibit for a couple of months during the winter months. Which they may have borrowed from another zoo. If Monroe has it then I am sure the Audubon Zoo surely has albino alligator exhibit.

https://www.facebook.com/DiscoverMon...9443979579430/
    Listen to a Gator Growl that can be played over the intercom at games. Pretty cool.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1681403468517392394

11. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Listen to a Gator Growl that can be played over the intercom at games. Pretty cool.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1681403468517392394
    I have a video of a gator growling on Louisiana's campus swamp, but I can't find it because I didn't rename the file.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Unfortunately, there appears to be too many "fans" out there who are bent on the idea that we'd be "copying" that school that called their stadium the "swamp" AFTER WE had nicknamed CAJUN FIELD the same thing.

13. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    Unfortunately, there appears to be too many "fans" out there who are bent on the idea that we'd be "copying" that school that called their stadium the "swamp" AFTER WE had nicknamed CAJUN FIELD the same thing.
    Its not their fault they don't know the history.

Not only did Florida come up with "The Swamp" long after Louisiana did, but Spurrier got the idea directly from Brian Mitchell's "Sultan of the Swamp" media guide cover.

Our AD sent them the media guide early on during discussions for a game that was played years later.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    Yes!! People have to get out of this mindset. We had Cajun Field called The Swamp before Florida ever did it. We used the term Geaux before LSU decided to use it.

How many Tigers, Eagles, Bulldogs, Panthers oh my!! Do not be afraid because out of 130 division I-A one school has a gator mascot. Hell they stole the swamp from us we can steal the gator mascot from them.

We are the campus who actually has a swamp with an actual live gator living on campus in the swamp.

Then on top of that it’s not a green gator it is an albino alligator.

I appreciate the efforts and work on this. However, we need a mascot that will be good enough to represent us for the next 100 years. Is a gator that? I dunno.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information