Poll: Do you support Albineaux the Gator?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Has there ever in the history of Louisiana been an issue where any modicum of measurement has resulted in a showing of 80% consensus within this fan base?
    Link?

To something other than this thread?

2. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Link?

To something other than this thread?
    You are on the link to which I reference.

You are on the link to which I reference.
    "To something other than this thread."

Okay, so there isn't one.

But Vic, I'm glad you engaged since you're an attorney.

I think some of the problem with the concept of Albineaux proceeding might be some some trademark issues (Claude the Alligator?). It almost looks like the creator of the Albineaux concept wants someone else to incur the expense of researching this issue.

As an attorney, why don't you do some pro bono work for the creator and look into whether there would in fact be any trademark issues. I think this would go far in alleviating some concerns.

4. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

"To something other than this thread."

Okay, so there isn't one.

But Vic, I'm glad you engaged since you're an attorney.

I think some of the problem with the concept of Albineaux proceeding might be some some trademark issues (Claude the Alligator?). It almost looks like the creator of the Albineaux concept wants someone else to incur the expense of researching this issue.

As an attorney, why don't you do some pro bono work for the creator and look into whether there would in fact be any trademark issues. I think this would go far in alleviating some concerns.
    Only an attorney with expertise in the field of intellectual property should participate in legal advise in such regard. I am not sure why that issue should be the focus of any fan. That is way too far into the weeds for a lay person, absent an agenda related purpose.

I love the concept. I believe we should have a mascot or spirit leader, whichever one wants to call it. I support all that this guy has done and is willing to do.

Does anyone have the results from when Cayenne was voted in as mascot? Tried to look online but couldn’t find it. It was in the Vermillion or something .

I remember being in school when it happen, we need to beat those numbers .

Mascot, sure.

Gator as mascot, ok I can see it.

General artwork, very nice though I’d prefer a red gator, or one of each. No black one though.

Name, gotta work on that one.

If you have any doubt on whether it should be done here is another merch item that little kids and adults would love!

All I have to tell you Coullion they don’t have the rights to University of Louisiana don’t have the rights to the UL finger logo, and don’t own the trademark term Cajuns. Also they don’t have the white gator trademark as well. If they don’t want to make money I would start, making money for yourself. They are not to smart when it comes to making money, make T-shirts and jackets etc.

They may get you on the other logos but this one is a Geaux!! I would think.

I would make a couple and sell them !!

Name:  IMG_6810.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  47.5 KB

Only an attorney with expertise in the field of intellectual property should participate in legal advise in such regard. I am not sure why that issue should be the focus of any fan. That is way too far into the weeds for a lay person, absent an agenda related purpose.

I love the concept. I believe we should have a mascot or spirit leader, whichever one wants to call it. I support all that this guy has done and is willing to do.
    Simply asking question leads you to the conclusion somebody would have an agenda.

Got it.

So you can add that you actually don't want the conversation to the fact you can't produce a public poll...outside of the one on this thread.

9. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Simply asking question leads you to the conclusion somebody would have an agenda.

Got it.

So you can add that you actually don't want the conversation to the fact you can't produce a public poll...outside of the one on this thread.
    I have never referred to a public poll other than the one in this thread so why should I need to produce another one?

Got it.

Shouldn’t be his job to produce a public poll. It should be the Universities job to do public polls and if they are negative or positive release them to the peasants(fans).

What’s going on with this so called committee shouldnt they be trying to organize polls? What do they do ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Shouldn’t be his job to produce a public poll. It should be the Universities job to do public polls and if they are negative or positive release them to the peasants(fans).

What’s going on with this so called committee shouldnt they be trying to organize polls? What do they do ?
    Y'all want your cake and want to eat it, too.

"Polling shows 80% of the community supports Albineaux."

"We shouldn't have to produce evidence of the poll that we say gives evidence."

I get it. Albineaux is the chosen stuffed animal/costume of (most) of Ragin' Pagin'.

I just don't agree with presenting this small sample size as representative of the entire UL community.

12. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

I get it. Albineaux is the chosen stuffed animal/costume of (most) of Ragin' Pagin'.

I just don't agree with presenting this small sample size as representative of the entire UL community.
    Never did that either.

Nah part of the process of picking a new mascot is polling the students and fans to see what they think about it.

We haven’t even started that process! That’s why the University needs to start now and maybe it can come to fruition.

We haven’t even started that process .

This poll is just that to show that the majority on this board are in favor and not just a little bit but by a lot.

Polling and the process would still have to be started by the University.

Sad thing is it’ll take T-shirts, jackets, and a grassroots effort for them to even consider it.

Which Coullion and others are trying to do.

I have never referred to a public poll other than the one in this thread so why should I need to produce another one?
    In post #48 of this thread, you quoted Big Poppa who said, “Reading the public comments there has never been an issue that divides the UL DOMMUNITY more than this albino alligator. It needs to just die now.”

You responded with, “I guess you have no faith in the poll that has almost an 80% approval rate.”

So are you responding to a question about the COMMUNITY implying that 80 of the community favors Albineaux, or are you applying the small sample size of Ragin' Pagin' to the entire community?

Either way, its kind of misleading.

In post #48 of this thread, you quoted Big Poppa who said, “Reading the public comments there has never been an issue that divides the UL DOMMUNITY more than this albino alligator. It needs to just die now.”

You responded with, “I guess you have no faith in the poll that has almost an 80% approval rate.”

So are you responding to a question about the COMMUNITY implying that 80 of the community favors Albineaux, or are you applying the small sample size of Ragin' Pagin' to the entire community?

Either way, its kind of misleading.
    According to this sample size the majority are in favor of it!!

Other research would still have to be done. Coullion already did the leg work and coming with picture, marketing, storyline and usage, and justification for Al the gator mascot.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information