Poll: Do you support Albineaux the Gator?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

1. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Louisiana needs a U Liaison
    Liaison is a French word.

In this case something that connects campus reality with sports imagination.

Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Give me a gator any gator, preferably one with Louisiana values.

3. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Louisiana needs a U Liaison
    By the way "a U Liaison" spells Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I for one think if you go with a gator suit that is not traditional, go with a Red Gator and lose the controversy of albinism. JMO. To much controversy surrounds the whole Albino thing for the political correct world academia has become. Heck half of the UL community continually fights Ragin Cajuns because it doesn’t represent them.

Full disclosure I am not PC and the Albineaux Gator offends me not at all.
    This.

5. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Hey y'all! Dropping in to say a few things.

1. Whether or not you support Albineaux, I appreciate your engagement in the subject. I created Al because there was a clear fading engagement with the fanbase. I believe when aiming to create something successful, discontent from consumers is a lot better than apathy.

2. That being said, I'm not going to debate anyone who dislikes Albineaux for insert reason. Their feelings are valuable because Al is art' and art is supposed to make people feel. He continues to do his job. The only I will step in is when someone says something false, or not what the campaign is intending.

3. That also being said, I know it's hard for some people to believe, but by the Lord's grace, Albineaux is really popular. Don't let the comment section of KATC and KLFY fool you otherwise. As I've stated in the previous thread, those articles don't present Al with the full context. They just show the image with a quick write up and spin in order to get clicks. I'm not bashing that. I'm just saying, negative feelings benefit news networks. None of them post the full presentation, so none of the commenters can have a well informed opinion. Even if the news post the full presentation, not everyone cares to read it.

If you want to start building more of an objective view of the reception of Albineaux, just google him. You'll see multiple news articles talking about him. Despite the spins, those articles, from radio to TV to the school news paper, were written by YOUNG alums who love the idea. Somebody actually took one of those articles and brought it to CFB reddit. Albineaux received an overwhelmingly positive reception there. Lastly, any of you can go to any of my social pages and see how people feel about Al when they are presented the full context.

FB: Cory Stewart
    Ig: corykinda
    X: Saint_Ewart

I say none of this to brag. I wouldn't be doing any of this without all the fans here that have said yes on the survey, and my God who gave me the talents to create and told me to be a Ragin' Cajun. My point is, I'm not some guy yelling at the sky being a menace to the good people of Acadiana. People, especially young people, are really hungry for a mascot, and a good bit of them want Albineaux to fill that void.

6. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

One last thing. On FB, I'm seeing a good number of people saying Albineaux is ruining tradition or something along those lines. People want UL to pick a mascot and be done with it. I get it! We all want that. That is why I'm trying to present something sustainable.

Instead of looking at all the changes UL has done in its past (SLII, USL, ULL, UL, bulldog, Cajun man, Cajun Chicken, Cayenne) as moments of lack of identity and indecision, I look at it as: Acadiana is always progressing, and because of that, HISTORY can be made in Acadiana everyday.

A lot of these things we hold dear as Ragin' Cajuns fans, are still relatively new in the grand scheme of things. A lot of people can remember the day we became the Ragin' Cajuns (1974). Even more can remember the day we became UL Lafayette (1999). Something I found really interesting and inspiring in my research is discovering how new the Acadiana flag is. A widely accepted and strong symbol of regional and Cajun pride, it would be easy to think it has been around for at least a hundred years if not more. That is not the case. It was introduced by one UL alum in 1964. And then, TEN YEARS LATER it was adopted by the state. For the past sixty years, Lafayette has been amazing at creating change that better reflects/serves the community. That is not surprising because we are highly creative community filled with dreamers. And it seems we are at a moment to give our mascot the same treatment we gave our university and our flag.

I hold no ill will towards anyone who doesn't believe in Albineaux. But I can not thank his supporters enough for being open to creating another moment of our history.

7. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Any Alligator is a part of Louisiana's tradition.

AL Bineaux is an identity worth incorporating.

8. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Make it happen

9. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    Make it happen
    This is where we should all be. We need something. Couilion has something, rather interesting. Make it happen MH. Make it happen . . .

10. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Make it happen, now.

Young people love the idea because many of them have either (A) never seen a mascot at games, or (B) were subjected to the abomination that was Cayenne.

Polling older people is going to get you a bunch of opinions about "culture" and "tradition", and while they may have a point, the group of people that remembers UL traditions -- let alone cares about them -- is dwindling daily.

Do something different. Different makes headlines. Different goes viral. Different makes other schools talk s*** about you, and creates rivalries.

People will complain about ANY mascot we roll out.. but Albineaux, at the very least, signals to the people in this area that we are embracing Cajun culture and spirit, something the school hasn't done this century.

The name Albineaux is just weird. Make the gator red, name him Ragin Cajun.

13. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

This is a board of objectors. Until it proves otherwise, objection will be taken to every darn thing our university does or doesn’t do. PROVE ME WRONG.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    The name Albineaux is just weird. Make the gator red, name him Ragin Cajun.
    News at 11.. The name Ragin Cajuns is weird...

15. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

So isn’t Role Tide and Green Wave weird?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information