Poll: Do you support Albineaux the Gator?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

1. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the White Gator

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Your argument regarding albinism, and its relationship to color is flawed.

Albinism is, in fact, an absence of melanin or pigment.

Not a lack of “dedicated skin color.”

The absence of color in anything is in fact white. The technical definition of white is the absence of all color.

If you wanted to be inclusive of all, the necessary result would be black, which is the presence of all colors.
    Absorbs all colors (not presence) shares none.

Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the White Gator

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Absorbs all colors (not presence) shares none.
    Fair enough. And white reflects all colors.

So if we’re talking all inclusivity here, which one would be the relevant color?

Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

So anyone who disagrees with the concept is a dolt.

Got it

So much for Corey‘s wishes that there be no contention and name-calling regarding the conversation
    No, it's a generic, umbrella term for 80% of the posters on that FB page...the term is not just germain to this discussion

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    And that's why I called those on that Facebook site as dolts...opinion voiced without knowledge of topic...Also suggested that Al set up his own social media accounts...speakong in the first person...that's good social markerting
    The horror of having an opposing opinion on a subject! And then having the audacity to label them as dolts without knowledge on the subject is classic.
    Is there any subject where the RP regulars aren’t an authority on?
    It seems to me that the dolts are the same people that the university needs to help fill the stadium. You know, those dolts.

Put some sunglasses on him and I'm good. He's in the Sunbelt after all. Just let him be a white gator or a red gator for that matter. No need to explain anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    Put some sunglasses on him and I'm good. He's in the Sunbelt after all. Just let him be a white gator or a red gator for that matter. No need to explain anything.
    Yeah, just call him Alphonse.

7. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

In spite of what appears to be the opinion of the participants on this board, I really don’t think this is a popular idea outside of the ragin’ pagin’ world.

It has been suggested that the concept be taken to social media

Well, it has been.

Channel 10 and channel 3 have both done articles on the concept of the albino alligator. Likewise, it has been discussed on the Ragin’ Cajun football Facebook page.

Admittedly, all of our opinions on the acceptance of the concept or anecdotal, but if you go to the Facebook, pages of those three instances that I offered, overwhelmingly the concept of Albineaux is being rejected.

It has been stated that this was really just a start a conversation.

Only two conversations are being had right now.

The one on thisce board that says this is the only acceptable concept.

And the one in the outside world, where folks are thinking that somebody is trying to replace “Ragin’ Cajuns“as our mascot or our identity or whatever you wanna call it
    If FB hates it, it’s probably a great idea.

The folks on facebook do not appear to be impressed.

https://www.facebook.com/10006453416...MpshBTUpMSTl/?

9. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Don’t worry about it

I'm just happy that the conversation of a mascot has created some buzz. Personally, I'm netural on Albineaux but am very appreciative that Cory took all of this time out of his schedule to create this concept. This is the kind of grassroot effort that we pride ourselves on in this community. It's a sense of creativity that our Cajun fans can put forth if given a chance.

Here's the issue I have with the whole mascot debate. While Cory has gone through all of these different concepts and phases to Al, what has the university done? Nothing. When the marketing team put together a committee a few years ago to create a mascot and couldn't finalize a concept, what did they do to mend it? Nothing. When Cory tries to constantly contact the marketing team on campus to hear what they think of Al, what did they do? Nothing. As a matter of fact, they never even responded. Never sent an email. Never even acknowledged the effort. Not even a comment when this concept was brought to the local media stations. That is incompetent and LAAAAAAAZZZZZZYYYYYYY. How hard is it to give an answer? Love it. Hate it. I don't care. But at least acknowledge the effort, give some feedback, and do something moving forward instead of staying silent.

Love the effort and passion. Not a fan of the name.

If this movement gets a discussion started towards a mascot within the walls of the university, it’s a win. This exact mascot, would be shocking. Who knows, they might have already handed this off to a third party vendor of their liking by now.

13. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Louisiana needs a U Liaison

I for one think if you go with a gator suit that is not traditional, go with a Red Gator and lose the controversy of albinism. JMO. To much controversy surrounds the whole Albino thing for the political correct world academia has become. Heck half of the UL community continually fights Ragin Cajuns because it doesn’t represent them.

Full disclosure I am not PC and the Albineaux Gator offends me not at all.

15. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Any who believe albino = white, should not be in any decision process. Things like this are why we can’t have anything nice.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information