Poll: Do you support Albineaux the Gator?

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

1. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    In post #48 of this thread, you quoted Big Poppa who said, “Reading the public comments there has never been an issue that divides the UL DOMMUNITY more than this albino alligator. It needs to just die now.”

You responded with, “I guess you have no faith in the poll that has almost an 80% approval rate.”

So are you responding to a question about the COMMUNITY implying that 80 of the community favors Albineaux, or are you applying the small sample size of Ragin' Pagin' to the entire community?

Either way, its kind of misleading.
    Your stretch is way too far. I only submitted the poll for what the poll is for. Then I posted that I have never seen any modicum of measure on issues surrounding Louisiana where 80% have ever agreed on an issue. At no time did I say 80% of some larger set would or would not agree. You went there. Those are not my words.

However, I do believe that this poll, however non-scientific it may be is very relevant. Further, I indicated my belief that there is a good chance that the objectors in social media have probably lodged their objection in this pole which could draw an inference that while the objectors may be loud, they also may be few.

Go Get us a Mascot. The Gator proposed here is as good or better than anything else on the table.

2. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

... I get it. Albineaux is the chosen stuffed animal/costume of (most) of Ragin' Pagin'..
    I prefer red and a diferent name, but I won't let a little thing like that stop me on something that connects 125 years of campus history with sporting events.

Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

According to this poll I am gonna say the number of fans that attend games are in 15k range.

Now 249 have voted on this poll no matter how unscientific it is that 249 number is way higher then say a political poll who sample size is maybe 1,500 is the base. That poll is based on what will happen on Election Day and that involves millions of votes.

The University based off the sample size needs to do it’s own research and see the percentage would support a gator as a mascot !
    Well according to this unscientific poll people will overwhelmingly support it.

That’s why if you are registered on this sight you need to vote on this thread to make the numbers more legit. I promise you if they have a lot that vote on this thread the Administration would have to listen.

Even if you don’t support it let your voice be heard .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Your stretch is way too far. I only submitted the poll for what the poll is for. Then I posted that I have never seen any modicum of measure on issues surrounding Louisiana where 80% have ever agreed on an issue. At no time did I say 80% of some larger set would or would not agree. You went there. Those are not my words.

However, I do believe that this poll, however non-scientific it may be is very relevant. Further, I indicated my belief that there is a good chance that the objectors in social media have probably lodged their objection in this pole which could draw an inference that while the objectors may be loud, they also may be few.

Go Get us a Mascot. The Gator proposed here is as good or better than anything else on the table.
    Actually, my second choice would be a crawfish named Clovis (with Ms. Fontenot's or her family's permission).

But if that were to come to fruition, I think we have our human subject for the role.

Would you take a large or extra large?

6. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

What happenes on KLFY, KATC, FB is they have a reader base that has given this zero thought through the years. Whereas it is a consistent topic for fans.

If you've been living in a vacuum on the topic nothing seems right at first.

ps and based on their coverage most are not fans of the school.

7. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Actually, my second choice would be a crawfish named Clovis (with Ms. Fontenot's or her family's permission).

But if that were to come to fruition, I think we have our human subject for the role.

Would you take a large or extra large?
    I have no issue with the Crawfish. In fact, before this mascot was pitched, I posted here in favor of the Crawfish.

However, since seeing what Mr. Coullion has put together with the alligator and its tie in to our swamp I believe this may be a better concept. Also, I believe the mascot uniform for an Alligator may lend itself to better live presentations than one of a Crawfish.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I have no issue with the Crawfish. In fact, before this mascot was pitched, I posted here in favor of the Crawfish.

However, since seeing what Mr. Coullion has put together with the alligator and its tie in to our swamp I believe this may be a better concept. Also, I believe the mascot uniform for an Alligator may lend itself to better live presentations than one of a Crawfish.
    Now take this with a grain of salt I don’t trust LSU, or Tulane fans on this issue, but if you read the comments from other places it is very positive. Most say a Crawfish. A lot of others say Gator.

So we want the most stereotypical mascot that connects this University to Louisiana. People from other places approve because that’s what they associate it with.

A gator connects more with our traditions then a crawfish.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comment...tm_name=iossmf

Crawfish mascot would be awesome based off the books Clovis the Crawfish!!

Name:  IMG_6820.jpeg
Views: 99
Size:  62.9 KB

Name:  IMG_6821.jpeg
Views: 100
Size:  27.2 KB

Name:  IMG_6822.jpeg
Views: 101
Size:  25.4 KB

Name:  IMG_6825.jpeg
Views: 100
Size:  84.4 KB

Name:  IMG_6824.jpeg
Views: 101
Size:  78.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    That’s why if you are registered on this sight you need to vote on this thread to make the numbers more legit. I promise you if they have a lot that vote on this thread the Administration would have to listen.

Even if you don’t support it let your voice be heard .
    It would be nice to have a voice, but when you have an opposing opinion your voice is throttled by the admins. I’d be surprised this post makes it, as many of my previous posts aren’t admin approved.

This is why I am going for a Albineaux Gator Mascot!! This thing looks ferocious!!

I am so down this is exactly what it needs to look like in real life !!

This is it!!! Thankyou AI!! Damn that looks sharp as a mascot!! If this don’t change y’all mind I don’t know what will. This would be awesome. This what it would look like in real life on the sidelines. I am so down that thing looks legit !!

Name:  9F362249-08F1-4C01-B6AE-F561AEACCFAA.jpeg
Views: 111
Size:  114.9 KB

Other AI images that didn’t make the mark

Name:  IMG_6828.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  119.8 KB

Crawfish after seeing the AI costume I am not down

Name:  IMG_6826.jpeg
Views: 107
Size:  89.8 KB

Name:  IMG_6827.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  158.5 KB

Please tell me who would have the better looking mascot?
    We would raise the bar with this one. It’s all about the head! He could see out of his mouth with air holes and cuts in the mouth of the tongue. And air pockets and places to see with slits in the snout.

That looks like a big time college mascot!!

We could do it I wear the hat I got a big head.

Views: 120

Name:  IMG_6838.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  182.7 KB

I think we would be top 10 when coming to best looking mascots

Here some examples

Name:  IMG_6858.jpeg
Views: 90
Size:  26.6 KB

Name:  IMG_6856.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  153.3 KB

Name:  IMG_6852.jpeg
Size:  31.2 KB

Name:  IMG_6851.jpeg
Views: 92
Size:  24.4 KB

Name:  IMG_6849.jpg
Size:  95.0 KB

Name:  IMG_6840.jpeg
Size:  22.3 KB

Name:  IMG_6845.jpeg
Views: 92
Size:  21.4 KB

Name:  IMG_6850.jpeg
Views: 89
Size:  117.6 KB

Then this could be ours!!

13. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Potential

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Potential
    I think we need a gofundme account. I would donate. Get a professional costume company to make the outfit, then we need MAT, or Cajun Vic, Turbine, Coullion whomever etc.anyone willing to do it and get that person that can go to every sporting events. Take pictures with kids, adults etc.!

We going to have to do it ourselves!!

I will e-mail a mascot company and get a rough estimate on how much money would it take to build albineaux the alligator.

2 quotes...with and without tail...

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information