Poll: Do you support Albineaux the Gator?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13

Thread: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

1. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Bulldogs, Gator, Really? Nope.
    Once in the 1970's when they drained the Campus Swamp for maintenance, they temporaily removed 17 Gator mascots from the representive Gator Habitat.

2. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    Where are the T shirts for sale?
    I won’t be selling any Albineaux merch anytime soon because I don’t want to make money off something I’m doing out of love for my university and it’s fans. However, I am going to talk to some of Lafayette’s custom retailers to see if they would be interested in selling merch to fans.

Albineaux is the official unofficial mascot of UL. That means I don’t own him. Anybody can make anything with a white alligator with red eyes to rep their Cajun pride. That’s the beautiful thing about a good spirit leader, which we’ll have sooner rather than later!

Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Quote Originally Posted by CouillonCinema View Post
    I won’t be selling any Albineaux merch anytime soon because I don’t want to make money off something I’m doing out of love for my university and it’s fans. However, I am going to talk to some of Lafayette’s custom retailers to see if they would be interested in selling merch to fans.

Albineaux is the official unofficial mascot of UL. That means I don’t own him. Anybody can make anything with a white alligator with red eyes to rep their Cajun pride. That’s the beautiful thing about a good spirit leader, which we’ll have sooner rather than later!
    That’s good of you. If someone sells a T-shirt with what you put forward, I would buy one.

I saw UL posted some pictures from its Swamp Party behind the Student Union. Had some students wearing a Swamp Party t-shirt featuring an alligator (green).

5. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Further proof Albineaux is making progress as the official unofficial spirit leader, look at this image from the McDonald’s next to campus! Someone did this without asking me, and that’s exactly how it should be! Numerous characters have been suggested on the internet to be our next spirit leader, but I hope Al feels different. He’s making waves in our community because the passion and the desire is real!

All the Albineaux supporters from this thread can be a part of UL’s history book. It’s my joy to look forward to seeing who else is going write a page.

Attached Images Attached Images  

How much longer are we gonna keep beating this horse to death ?

7. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    How much longer are we gonna keep beating this horse to death ?
    If the horse was dead then images of Albineaux wouldn’t be popping up around the community. The horse is as alive as as it’s ever been!

Quote Originally Posted by CouillonCinema View Post
    If the horse was dead then images of Albineaux wouldn’t be popping up around the community. The horse is as alive as as it’s ever been!
    Still not the official mascot and how long have we been talking about this ?

9. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Still not the official mascot and how long have we been talking about this ?
    Too long, and not long enough.

"Official" isn't an argument anyone should be making.

Ragin' Cajuns didn't "start" as official.

Louisiana.edu didn't start as official.

I like the idea of a typical green alligator. No explanation needed. It just makes sense when looking at our natural swamp habitat on campus.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    I like the idea of a typical green alligator. No explanation needed. It just makes sense when looking at our natural swamp habitat on campus.
    Agreed. Green gator, Vermilion jersey, installed, move on

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13

Thread Information