Poll: Do you support Albineaux the Gator?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

1. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

The school paid. $25G for Cayenne and associated Hot Wheels logo.

Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The school paid. $25G for Cayenne and associated Hot Wheels logo.
    Sadly this board has spent nothing, and fans came up with a better logo, and mascot !! Also I PM you

Hahaha

3. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Sadly this board has spent nothing, and fans came up with a better logo, and mascot !! Also I PM you

Hahaha
    Thanks

4. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Hahaha
    How can you say that? This board spends 90% of its capital in the projectors room. That is a lot of spending.

5. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Albineaux News:

1) Someone from UL finally said something to me. I recently emailed the athletics department AGAIN asking for just the chance to pitch Albineaux. I got brief response saying the Office of Communication and Marketing handle all things related to a mascot. Fair enough! Thanks for the redirect! I’m happy somebody directly associated with the university finally said a peep to me. I sent that same request email to UL Marketing. However, that office is who I have been sending emails to for past two years, and they continue to be silent.

2) Probably because I got someone from the RCAF to talk to them. I think one of the reasons I even got that brief response was because I was able to find a RCAF ally to talk to them. Obviously that ally couldn’t say much about what they talked about but, AND THIS IS BIG, they definitely know Albineaux exist. Which someone might say “How could they not, Al’s everywhere.” Well since no one from UL has said anything publicly or privately about him, this is the first time I can say plausible deniability on not seeing our campaign is now gone. Acknowledgement has been a pushing point from the start of this campaign. I'm going to rant a little bit but it sucks that I had to fight so hard just to get one sentence. If at any point I was treated as a fan, an alum, or a human that deserved any answer, who knows where we’d be. From the start, all I’ve wanted was to hopefully be an asset to the university. I still do! But right now, if feels like I’m a revolutionary against whatever they’re planning. All this because I combined my talents with my love and passion for UL and the Acadiana community.

3) And the article that I mentioned on here and twitter that was a part of my final push for phase 2 got axed at the last minute. It was done and ready to go after initial approval and then suddenly there was a change from management. That piece could have turned the tide against naysayers. I'm not trying to conjure conspiracy but I just wanted to keep y'all updated. It was very bad timing for Al supporters, and very disappointing for me personally. That article would have helped most of the confused fans understand exactly what the goals of the campaign are. This would have primarily helped the FB crowd who are against Al solely because they don't fully get what is ACTUALLY being proposed.

In retrospect, I should have said more on FB. My goal was to let any naysayer find an appreciation for the campaign organically, rather than any challenge from their beliefs or opinions on the character. I'm not saying I should have debated anyone, but I realize that I should have let the fans on that platform know me as much as you guys do. This poll shows just how powerful knowledge on the character and the creator can be.

I'm not stopping creating Al content because UL is my passion, that's why Albineaux is my passion. And by sharing my passion, I'm seeing other passionate UL fans also make Albineaux their passion.

6. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

The article derailment sucks but I still have something planned. I’m blessed to be in this pursuit with all of you! 🤟

Attached Images Attached Images      

7. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Have any of you ever seen 80% anywhere on any issue Louisiana?

May the albino gator survive and live a long and prosperous life as the MASCOT for the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns.

For people worried about losing or confusing our identity by introducing a gator:

No one calls Miami teams the Ibises.

Quote Originally Posted by CouillonCinema View Post
    Albineaux News:

1) Someone from UL finally said something to me. I recently emailed the athletics department AGAIN asking for just the chance to pitch Albineaux. I got brief response saying the Office of Communication and Marketing handle all things related to a mascot. Fair enough! Thanks for the redirect! I’m happy somebody directly associated with the university finally said a peep to me. I sent that same request email to UL Marketing. However, that office is who I have been sending emails to for past two years, and they continue to be silent.

2) Probably because I got someone from the RCAF to talk to them. I think one of the reasons I even got that brief response was because I was able to find a RCAF ally to talk to them. Obviously that ally couldn’t say much about what they talked about but, AND THIS IS BIG, they definitely know Albineaux exist. Which someone might say “How could they not, Al’s everywhere.” Well since no one from UL has said anything publicly or privately about him, this is the first time I can say plausible deniability on not seeing our campaign is now gone. Acknowledgement has been a pushing point from the start of this campaign. I'm going to rant a little bit but it sucks that I had to fight so hard just to get one sentence. If at any point I was treated as a fan, an alum, or a human that deserved any answer, who knows where we’d be. From the start, all I’ve wanted was to hopefully be an asset to the university. I still do! But right now, if feels like I’m a revolutionary against whatever they’re planning. All this because I combined my talents with my love and passion for UL and the Acadiana community.

3) And the article that I mentioned on here and twitter that was a part of my final push for phase 2 got axed at the last minute. It was done and ready to go after initial approval and then suddenly there was a change from management. That piece could have turned the tide against naysayers. I'm not trying to conjure conspiracy but I just wanted to keep y'all updated. It was very bad timing for Al supporters, and very disappointing for me personally. That article would have helped most of the confused fans understand exactly what the goals of the campaign are. This would have primarily helped the FB crowd who are against Al solely because they don't fully get what is ACTUALLY being proposed.

In retrospect, I should have said more on FB. My goal was to let any naysayer find an appreciation for the campaign organically, rather than any challenge from their beliefs or opinions on the character. I'm not saying I should have debated anyone, but I realize that I should have let the fans on that platform know me as much as you guys do. This poll shows just how powerful knowledge on the character and the creator can be.

I'm not stopping creating Al content because UL is my passion, that's why Albineaux is my passion. And by sharing my passion, I'm seeing other passionate UL fans also make Albineaux their passion.
    Well what we need to do is, Set up a GoFundMe.com, or maybe something on here to fundraise just to be able to get the costume built.

It would have to be someone with notoriety and a person with the upmost integrity to actually handle the gofundme page.

We all need to make the effort in making Albineaux the Gator Mascot a reality.

I am just thinking the best way moving forward in getting this done.

If we wait for the University to do it, it will never get done. We as fans are going to have to do it ourselves.

Well what we need to do is, Set up a GoFundMe.com, or maybe something on here to fundraise just to be able to get the costume built.

It would have to be someone with notoriety and a person with the upmost integrity to actually handle the gofundme page.

We all need to make the effort in making Albineaux the Gator Mascot a reality.

I am just thinking the best way moving forward in getting this done.

If we wait for the University to do it, it will never get done. We as fans are going to have to do it ourselves.
    This creating and organic, unofficial official mascot.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    This creating and organic, unofficial official mascot.
    Thought this was cool

https://x.com/sunbelt_sports/status/...HBPxA4uxQp-oPQ

Since it is Couillion idea and has been pushing this mascot for a while, it should be his project to follow through on. Which he already has a following on his x account., having both KATC, KADN doing specials. It has been his project for at least a year I hope he does set something up to actually move forward with the project.

This is what it will take showing up at games with the mascot uniform taking pictures with fans before games and taking pictures with fans and kids outside the stadium.

Even going into games if the University would allow and roaming around the stands shaking hands etc.

The only way to show that this would be successful.

Just realized we have an alligator swimming through the on campus swamp as one of our intro videos on the main UL website.

One of numerous reasons why this mascot is a no brainer!

13. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Even after almost two weeks of this poll thread being posted, the albino gator still has an 80% approval here on RP, even considering how negative this board is generally. That has to mean something.

Get the albino gator approved as Louisiana's mascot and/or spirit leader.

14. Default Re: Poll on Albineaux the Gator

Quote Originally Posted by CouillonCinema View Post
    The article derailment sucks but I still have something planned. I’m blessed to be in this pursuit with all of you! ��
    These are so cool.

A few years ago, there was an on-campus committee put together of students and university officials to create a mascot which I believe they decided on a catahoula hound. They just stopped the project, and we haven’t heard anything since.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information