Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: MBB: Louisiana Heads to Jonesboro to Face Arkansas State

Default Re: MBB: Louisiana Heads to Jonesboro to Face Arkansas State

Since the mcneese game he’s averaging about 15/5 a game and getting better every game. Wouldn’t surprise me if he averages around 20/7 in conference. That to me is worth a turnover and or two a game. Anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Since the mcneese game he’s averaging about 15/5 a game and getting better every game. Wouldn’t surprise me if he averages around 20/7 in conference. That to me is worth a turnover and or two a game. Anything else?
    Maybe the staff worked with him on his peripheral vision. Obviously the staff is trying to improve him, as they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    And what if he doesn't? He's averaging 15/5 in conference which is a bump up but for us to truly be successful, we're going to need to get more than 5 boards a game from our 5 who plays 30+ minutes a night on a team that is already "light" on rebounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    This was the first game I recall Hosanna being effective at passing it back out after being doubled. At times in the past he has been slow to recognize the double team. After he got some early assists, Wolves played him straight up and he was effective. In earlier games, defenses took his game away after some early success. McNeese used the technique of fronting him in the second half to make him less effective. It is hard to throw it over the top of their leapers. The way to get around that is to move to a different post spot and for guards to be patient in letting him get reestablished position before throwing him the entry pass. They did a good job of that yesterday.
    Agreed. I thought Hossana did a very good job of passing the ball off before he got double-teamed. I am impressed with how he seems to be improving (maybe just getting more comfortable with his role) each game. Themus also started to look more like last year's Themus.

They are very enjoyable to watch when they take care of the ball and play strong defense.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information