Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Walk-On Interest Meeting

1. UL Football Walk-On Interest Meeting

Current Louisiana students interested in joining the foortball team are invited to attend the walk-on interest meeting.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Walk-On Interest Meeting

Boomer? You have any years of eligibility left?

I do. 6’3” 200lbs 5.7 40…
    I mean, it’s better than 5’7” 200lbs 6.3 40! Haha

4. Default Re: Walk-On Interest Meeting

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Boomer? You have any years of eligibility left?
    …You know your question brought an interesting question to mind…I had 2 shoulder ops while playing for the Cajuns and now I was told that I need a replacement……seems like the athletics dept should pay for the procedure! Bone to bone the cartilage is gone…I scored many a point…. y’all pay for my bad joint!……It’s been 60 years since my top of arm cut…come on guys y’all pay up!!!

5. Default Re: Walk-On Interest Meeting

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …You know your question brought an interesting question to mind…I had 2 shoulder ops while playing for the Cajuns and now I was told that I need a replacement……seems like the athletics dept should pay for the procedure! Bone to bone the cartilage is gone…I scored many a point…. y’all pay for my bad joint!……It’s been 60 years since my top of arm cut…come on guys y’all pay up!!!
    One more P5 game should cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Maybe Krewe Allons can get Boomer a NIL deal!

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Maybe Krewe Allons can get Boomer a NIL deal!
    Donations to this would dwarf any thing else Krewe Allons tried to do.

Curious question…who is our kicker in waiting?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I do. 6’3” 200lbs 5.7 40…
    I mean, it’s better than 5’7” 200lbs 6.3 40! Haha
    It's all in the numbers!

I realize this would be for the fall. But what about the Altman kid at STM is he walking on any where?

This morning in the cold plunge at Reds I over heard a conversation about scheduling and how no one wants to schedule you when you win back to back championships. He said we always try to schedule tough to challenge ourselves but everyone try’s to schedule wins. He said as much as I dislike CHSBR I still like playing them for the challenge. I could tell he was affiliated with STM so I asked if he was a coach. He said yes. I asked what he thought about Beal and how he thought his game would translate to UL. His answer was I think our guy is better. So I asked who all offered your guy and he said no one.

How did all those coaches miss on a kid that is better than Beal? I only saw Beal in the championship and he looked pretty good. Heck Nichols offered the cross town rival QB who was 2nd team all district to Altman a STM.

Anyone know if Altman currently has FB plans for the future?

11. Default Re: Walk-On Interest Meeting

College coaches have come to realize that there is very little upside from what you see of the players at STM. They have already been pretty much coached up to their peak. Right wrong or indifferent sometimes it is ashamed that these STM kids become the best they can be in high school and are then deprived of an opportunity at the college level for fear then can’t be made much better.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I realize this would be for the fall. But what about the Altman kid at STM is he walking on any where?

This morning in the cold plunge at Reds I over heard a conversation about scheduling and how no one wants to schedule you when you win back to back championships. He said we always try to schedule tough to challenge ourselves but everyone try’s to schedule wins. He said as much as I dislike CHSBR I still like playing them for the challenge. I could tell he was affiliated with STM so I asked if he was a coach. He said yes. I asked what he thought about Beal and how he thought his game would translate to UL. His answer was I think our guy is better. So I asked who all offered your guy and he said no one.

How did all those coaches miss on a kid that is better than Beal? I only saw Beal in the championship and he looked pretty good. Heck Nichols offered the cross town rival QB who was 2nd team all district to Altman a STM.

He ain’t better than Beal. He’s good but not better.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post

No h/s coach with even half a brain would make a statement to an unknown person saying his guy was lesser.

14. Default Re: Walk-On Interest Meeting

Beal has three championship appearances and two wins. He’s pretty good prospect

15. Default Re: Walk-On Interest Meeting

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Beal has three championship appearances and two wins. He’s pretty good prospect
    STM played against him all three years so it’s not like he was not familiar with the kid.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information