Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Music Appreciation

Default Re: Music Appreciation

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Hell yeah! Check out passenger from white pony album with Maynard James Keenan…probably my favorite
    Yeah that one's really good! Elite is awesome too!

Interesting news today in the music world: Sleep Token deleted all their Instagram posts & changed their bio to "Nothing Lasts Forever". Hope they aren't done for good...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I guess I'm a bit older. First concert was the Allman Brothers at City Park in N.O. about 1969/1970.
    I'm a little younger. ... BUT, there is no doubt in my mind that if I could get in a time machine, I would be going to as many concerts from 1968-1975 that I could. No one can convince me that 68-75 is not the best music ever made.

An Allman Brothers band show would be on top of the list. I have read so many articles that talk about how they would play until the sun would come up. I could listen to their music all day every day.

Closest I've come to seeing them was seeing Devon Allman and Duane Betts at Tipitina's a few years back. When they played Blue Sky, I thought I was listening to Dicky on guitar. Every note was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    My 16 yr old daughter is a Deftones fanatic.

*pats self on back*
    My 4 year old daughter had the best quote on Dec 26: "Hey Daddy, now that Christmas is over, can we go back to listening to the Foo Fighters? I really like them."

Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    My 4 year old daughter had the best quote on Dec 26: "Hey Daddy, now that Christmas is over, can we go back to listening to the Foo Fighters? I really like them."
    I'm no Foo Fighters fan. Not even close. To me, the are equal to Nickelback. I do appreciate their music, musical talent, and the things Grohl has done for music in general.

As a fan, I'm sure you saw the tribute to Taylor Hawkins show. Shane sure made his dad proud that day.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    I'm no Foo Fighters fan. Not even close. To me, the are equal to Nickelback....
    Name:  2bd2cd6e-6f47-4d4a-a50c-f8397a5b546e_text.gif
Views: 99
Size:  962.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Name:  2bd2cd6e-6f47-4d4a-a50c-f8397a5b546e_text.gif
Views: 99
Size:  962.0 KB
    haha, sorry, just being honest. I do get this a lot from Foo Fighter fans.

I'm no Foo Fighters fan. Not even close. To me, the are equal to Nickelback. I do appreciate their music, musical talent, and the things Grohl has done for music in general.

As a fan, I'm sure you saw the tribute to Taylor Hawkins show. Shane sure made his dad proud that day.
    Not that I'm telling you who to be a fan of, but the Foo Fighters =/= Nickelback. The Foos are playing sold out venues across the country, even after the death of Taylor Hawkins. And Nickelback...well they are the token has-been the Houston Rodeo this year. But I get why they'd be equivalent in your head.

That said, Taylor Hawkins' side project (Taylor Hawkins and the Coattail Riders) was phenomenal. Red Light Fever is probably one of my favorite albums of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Id choose more christmas music

haha, sorry, just being honest. I do get this a lot from Foo Fighter fans.
    I mean really, it is not even clear if they are fighting against the Foo's or are Foo's, and we think martin hall struggles with branding

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Id choose more christmas music
    If I told you I was a big fan of oxygen, you’d claim to have held your breathe for the last 10 years hahahahaha

Was this the show that one of the bands canceled for some reason and 3 Doors Down got called to open as a last minute replacement?

I was at the show. I just could not remember who they opened up for. Like most, I was blown away by them and because an instant fan. Still one of my faves from that era.

Same thing happened to me when we went see The Nixons at The Plaza. A fairly unknown band at the time named Sevendust opened up for them. About a week after that show, Sevendust's debut album released and instantly blew up.
    Some judo buddies took me to see Sevendust at Grant Street. Insanely loud and right there in your face. Saw them months later at Woodstock’99.

14. Default Re: Music Appreciation

only a foo would fight for the foo fighters

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    With the wide range of music you guys are talking about, I was wondering how many of y'all ever listen to KBON out of Eunice. Since I moved back to the area a few months back, That's about the only station I listen to on the radio any more. They play swamp pop, cajun zydeco, the blues, blue grass, country & even hip hop late on the weekends. I read a thread Helmut posted about old school radio dying on the vine & he may be right. But KBON with it's commitment to playing local talent & diversity of music is kicking butt & will still be here when every other FM station in this area is long gone.
    We just went on a Cub Scout outing yesterday to tour KBON. Showed us around and let the kids introduce themselves live on air. If you are ever in the area, I highly recommend checking the place out. The people that run the station have so many stories to share. There’s one area that has autographs all over the walls from musicians only and another area where they started having the cooks sign the walls in the back where they cook and feed people. The owners grandfather is the late Alfred Lamson (UL softball) - picture of him carrying the Olympic torch for 1996 games with a replica torch on display. Lots of neat items to see. Very friendly and down to earth people - said to tell our friends to go visit them. They’d love to share their experiences.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information