Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Music Appreciation

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Music Appreciation

Anyone remember a band called The Clickin' Chickens? Their whole gig is playing classic 60s and 70s rock with a fantastic bluegrass style. Saw them a couple times at Grant Street Dance Hall back in the 80s.

Default Re: Music Appreciation

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Man, what I wouldn't give to see Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, Zz Top, or the Stones in their prime.
    Saw ZZTop many times in the 70’s. Saw Lynard Skynard several times before the plane crash.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    Anyone remember a band called The Clickin' Chickens? Their whole gig is playing classic 60s and 70s rock with a fantastic bluegrass style. Saw them a couple times at Grant Street Dance Hall back in the 80s.
    I worked with Phil Schneider. Passed away in the past year or so. Great photographer also.

Cajun music legend Joel Sonnier passed away last night, not long after performing a show in Texas.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Music Appreciation

Rest in peace, Jo-El. The man had some talent.

Qk concert story - Back in 93 ish, me and a few friends w/ our girlfriends / future wives, went to Blackham to see Molly Hatchet playing inside one of the barns lol. While the stage teardown after the opening act was going on, we went outside to see this chick playing on an 18 wheeler flatbed trailer - about 20 of us or so watching on a crisp fall night - who was the chick you ask ??? That would be one Shania Twain - a few weeks later BOOM and the rest is history!

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    I remember the Clickin’ Chickens. I found out about them from Gary Newman, who was part of the band.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

1992. New Orleans. Lollapalooza II

Pearl Jam
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Soundgarden
    Ministry

It was freakin' WILD. I wanted to get in the Pit, until I got there. It was a whirlpool of chaos in ankle deep mud and blood.

A couple years later saw NIN at the Lakefront. Quite the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    A couple years later saw NIN at the Lakefront. Quite the experience.
    I saw NIN at Lakefront in February 1995 after Downward Spiral was released. Pretty sure it was the last show of the tour because they tore up some of their keyboards and other equipment at the end of the show.

Jim Rose Circus opened up for NIN and it was basically a freakshow of weirdos eating light bulbs, contortionists putting themselves through tennis rackets, a guy who lifted heavy items through piercings in his body, and all kinds of other strange people doing "odd stuff". LOL

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    I saw NIN at Lakefront in February 1995 after Downward Spiral was released. Pretty sure it was the last show of the tour because they tore up some of their keyboards and other equipment at the end of the show.

Jim Rose Circus opened up for NIN and it was basically a freakshow of weirdos eating light bulbs, contortionists putting themselves through tennis rackets, a guy who lifted heavy items through piercings in his body, and all kinds of other strange people doing "odd stuff". LOL
    That's the show! Cajuns4me and I were there. Yes! I had forgot about the Circus stuff. It was nuts.

I'll never forget the video NIN played with the snake and the eagle. Pretty cool.

David Garibaldi the long time drummer for Tower of Power just announced his retirement. Been at it a long time.

12. Default Re: Music Appreciation

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Cajun music legend Joel Sonnier passed away last night, not long after performing a show in Texas.
    "Sonnier ended his show with “Tear-Stained Letter” and received a standing ovation."

Anybody here into Deftones? I've been on a craze with their music lately lol. I have a bold take on their discography tho: Modern Deftones>Old Deftones.

Don't get me wrong, albums like White Pony and Around the Fur are really good, but they kinda feel like the band was just trying to keep up with the latest trends at the time. IMO every album from Diamond Eyes onward is consistently better and feel like the band is doing what fits them best. Just my thoughts tho!

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    Anybody here into Deftones? I've been on a craze with their music lately lol. I have a bold take on their discography tho: Modern Deftones>Old Deftones.

Don't get me wrong, albums like White Pony and Around the Fur are really good, but they kinda feel like the band was just trying to keep up with the latest trends at the time. IMO every album from Diamond Eyes onward is consistently better and feel like the band is doing what fits them best. Just my thoughts tho!
    Hell yeah! Check out passenger from white pony album with Maynard James Keenan…probably my favorite

My 16 yr old daughter is a Deftones fanatic.

*pats self on back*

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information