Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . LastLast

Thread: Music Appreciation

Default Re: Music Appreciation

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Man, what I wouldn't give to see Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, Zz Top, or the Stones in their prime.
    Yeah in terms of those “if I had a Time Machine” shows I would probably go with prime Zeppelin and then Tool somewhere in 96-98. I’ve seen Tool plenty of times and they are still amazing. Would just kill to see Maynard in his heyday.

2. Default Re: Music Appreciation

I saw The Boss the night before a law school exam.

Saw Zeppelin twice at the mini in nola

That's awesome! Mine was the Cure at Municipal Auditorium around 87 or so

Also, I'm proud to say I saw Hammer and Oaktown 357 in Baton Rouge back then, lol
    First show was Rush at Smoothie King.

Got to see The Cure at the Lakefront in 2016 (?). Only time I’ve been thankful for scalpers. Sold so many tickets they did 2 shows. Then the demand wasn’t high enough on the resale. Got a ticket the day of the show for less than $10 with fees included.

I wish Lafayette would still get Rock bands to tour here, but what really is a good rock band these days?
    I'd nominate My Morning Jacket. Went watch them in NOLA during Halloween. Probably best show I've ever been to in my life. I'd say One Big Holiday is a good song to test them out to.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    I don't remember that sequence, but it could have been. I do remember that Cowboy Mouth tore the place down. Then Live came on after them, and kind of just stood up there and played their music. Even Lightning Crashes was kind of a dud.

A couples years later, I went to go see Cowboy Mouth play at the Varsity in Baton Rouge. Some unknown band opened up for them.Maroon 5. They did ok for themselves.
    Varsity always has great bands. I saw Dinosaur Jr. And Pavement mid 90s

My dad's first concert was The Beatle's on their first US concert at Shea Stadium circa 66 or so
    Ok now THAT is cool.

The wife got us tickets to see Paul McCartney at the Smoothie King Center a few years back. He put on a great concert.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Foo Fighters, Green Day, and Blink 182 would all make that list for me. Seen all of them.

Honorable mention to Buckcherry.
    SPeaking of Green Day, I'll be seeing them at Coors Field in September. Smashing Pumpkins will be there too.

My first concert was Coheed and Cambria at Voodoo Fest in NOLA. I was 18 months old LOL

10. Default Re: Music Appreciation

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    My first concert was Coheed and Cambria at Voodoo Fest in NOLA. I was 18 months old LOL
    Does your dad still play guitar?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Does your dad still play guitar?
    Yes, but only every once in awhile. He's usually pretty busy with work.

Nice. Saw them at voodoo. Here’s a few pics from side stage from my crappy phone back then…
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Nice. Saw them at voodoo. Here’s a few pics from side stage from my crappy phone back then…
    Wow! Was that in 07?

Wow! Was that in 07?

15. Default Re: Music Appreciation

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I saw Journey twice in Baton Rouge. The second time I ended up in Lafayette General Hospital for 35 days with a compound fracture of my left femur and a dislocated hip on the right side.
    This was in April 1980. Only my stats teacher made me makeup final. Accounting teacher made me study and show up because it was accounting 203 and was progressive but did not make me take final.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . LastLast

Thread Information