Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: Music Appreciation

Default Re: Music Appreciation

I'll be honest with you guys, I frickin hate bluegrass and most country is not much better, but I LOVE the blues. I highly recommend Buffalo Nichols & Christone "Kingfish" Ingram. I personally think Kingfish is the future of the blues. He's incredible. Nichols is more of a folk blues guitarist but he does some cool stuff fusing the blues with other genres! Both are definitely worth a listen, and I hope to see them both live at some point.

2. Default Re: Music Appreciation

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    I'll be honest with you guys, I frickin hate bluegrass and most country is not much better, but I LOVE the blues. I highly recommend Buffalo Nichols & Christone "Kingfish" Ingram. I personally think Kingfish is the future of the blues. He's incredible. Nichols is more of a folk blues guitarist but he does some cool stuff fusing the blues with other genres! Both are definitely worth a listen, and I hope to see them both live at some point.
    Speaking of Marc Broussard, he released his latest installment of his blues series last year. It features Joe Bonamassa. It’s a press play and listen the whole way through album.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Lost Bayou Ramblers
    Oh yeah they're awesome. Their current guitarist Jonny Campos is in a lot of bands, but if you're into the indie rock scene, check out Brass Bed and Carbon Poppies. Carbon Poppies is a side project of Brass Bed. Brass Bed/Carbon Poppies' drummer Peter DeHart also owns MakeMade, a graphic design business that has collaborated with my dad a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Speaking of Marc Broussard, he released his latest installment of his blues series last year. It features Joe Bonamassa. It’s a press play and listen the whole way through album.
    I listened to a little bit of it, and it's really good. He's playing up here in Steamboat this spring!

I like the blues, too. Used to spend a lot of time at Tabby's when I lived in BR. Saw Tab Benoit play in Thibodaux a bunch, too. He would come over to a buddies house and just jam circa 95-96ish. Was awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    I like the blues, too. Used to spend a lot of time at Tabby's when I lived in BR. Saw Tab Benoit play in Thibodaux a bunch, too. He would come over to a buddies house and just jam circa 95-96ish. Was awesome
    That's awesome. Benoit is another really good modern blues guitarist

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Have you went down the Billy Strings rabbit hole yet? The future of bluegrass is here.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Currently have Marcus King on the playlist. Think halfway point between Stapleton and Broussard. Maybe a bit more rock n roll.
    Put 'em both together and you have "King and Strings".

These two guys together can make some sweet sounds:

https://youtu.be/qpHFclsAkSc?si=WWL9HQA2ZyREKtec
    Attached Images Attached Images  

8. Default Re: Music Appreciation

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    Put 'em all together and you have "King and Strings".

These two guys together and they can make some sweet sounds:

I was unfamiliar with their game thanks for posting. I really enjoyed that.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Have you went down the Billy Strings rabbit hole yet? The future of bluegrass is here.
    Catch a video with both Billy Strings and Sierra Hull. two of the finest bluegrass musicians to ever grace this planet.

10. Default Re: Music Appreciation

This has been a really fun thread.

You may not like bluegrass, but artists like Molly Tuttle, Billy Strings and Sierra Hull are among the most talented and best musicians in the world. You owe it to your musical education to listen to some of their work.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    Put 'em all together and you have "King and Strings".

These two guys together and they can make some sweet sounds:

I had tickets in 2020 to see Billy Strings & Markus King for 2 nights in New Orleans the same weekend of Jazz Fest. Good old covid ruined that for me. Its still eats at me that I had to miss that.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    You may not like bluegrass, but artists like Molly Tuttle, Billy Strings and Sierra Hull are among the most talented and best musicians in the world. You owe it to your musical education to listen to some of their work.
    Sam Bush mentored Sierra Hull from a very young age. She is carrying on the bluegrass tradition like few can.

Check out this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFHVOuKS8-8 The amount of musical talent on the stage rivals an Eric Clapton Crossroads Festival.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Check out Larkin Poe or Susan Tedeschi/Tedeschi Trucks band.
    Excellent suggestions here. Personally, I think Derek Trucks could be the best slide guitar player of all time.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information