Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Belichick gone, right on the heels of his buddy Saban

Default Re: Nick Saban to Retire

And dont forget his violation shield from the ncaa front office, dr emmert is gone as well

2. Default Re: Nick Saban to Retire

CMD

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lane_Kiffin

Dan Lanning

Pete Golding

HuD

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Steve Sarkesian

Kirby Smart

Whole lot of Saban Protégés out there. Not likely that Sark or Smart would leave where they are, but there will be no shortage of really good applicants.
    I wouldn't leave Texas or Georgia for Alabama, but I might just leave Ole Miss.

Saban is the GOAT of college football coaches. Like him or not, what an incredible run. Probably hanging it up at the right time for him while at high level, considering his age. Coach Saban would actually be an excellent choice as a college football commissioner if such an office existed as he's an excellent leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    LOL, they'll let him learn on the job in Tuscaloosa
    Absolutely. Napier can give him a reference again.

Another thing nobody really talks about yet. Transfer portal is about to open up for 30 days for all Alabama players plus any other schools where the coach leaves during the shuffle.

Hmmm. Didn't think about kiffin

8. Default Re: Nick Saban to Retire

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalen_DeBoer

Other than Washington where the competition is much less, what a better place for a true winner to continue in his winning ways?

They need to keep the culture going

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post

Other than Washington where the competition is much less, what a better place for a true winner to continue in his winning ways?
    If you actually watch Pac12 football you’d know that’s not true. But as an LSU fan I can see why you’d think that.

11. Default Re: Nick Saban to Retire

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    If you actually watch Pac12 football you’d know that’s not true. But as an LSU fan I can see why you’d think that.
    Why be so obsessed with LSU and the SEC? I am a Cajun fan no matter how feeble and butt hurt you may be about it.

I think the Oregon coach is going to get a long, hard look.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post

Winning is cyclical. When iconic coaches leave or retire, the program drops. It happened previously to Alabama, to Texas, to Nebraska, to USC, to Oklahoma, etc. It's possible it could happen again to Alabama, especially in this age of transfers.

We have complained about Des' personality, that he is not a rah rah coach like Hud was and can't seem to get fans fired up. Attendance was high under Hud. Napier won big, but no attendance. No attendance under Des either. Saban and Belichick all won despite their a-hole personalities. Personalities don't seem to matter. Winning does. I've never been a fan of Saban's or Belichick's personality, but certainly can't argue with their results. Saban went 7-6 in his first year at Alabama and lost to ULM in game 1, then went 12-2 and 14-0 and the rest is history. Des has had 2 years. Hopefully, he will have similar winning success going forward and fans will return in support.

I don't know how he kept the fire for so long
    A bunch of 000000’s were probably used as lighter fluid each time the flame started to die down haha

Covid timing was the worst for Billy's time with us!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information