Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana To Play Wake Forest in 2024

1. Default Re: Louisiana To Play Wake Forest in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    It's a 3 way deal where we do a 2 for one with WF and they paid MS the 500k.

Pretty obvious, IMO
    Statistics can present them however you want, but until someone who actually knows speaks up, it will remain a mystery . . . one thing we have all figured out however is that C4L was mouthing off and knew absolutely nothing . . .

Default Re: Louisiana To Play Wake Forest in 2024

Pretty obvious, IMO
    This is probably it. Further speculating, it's possible WF said hey we'll do a 2 for 1. Perhaps Michigan State was given a chance to match a return trip and they declined, so we opted for the WF series instead.

3. Default Re: Louisiana To Play Wake Forest in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Statistics can present them however you want, but until someone who actually knows speaks up, it will remain a mystery . . . one thing we have all figured out however is that C4L was mouthing off and knew absolutely nothing . . .
    Yet he was 100% accurate on the portion he replied to.

4. Default Re: Louisiana To Play Wake Forest in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Yet he was 100% accurate on the portion he replied to.
    When you reply to nothing which could ever have been at issue, it’s hard to be WRONG. SO WE CAN GIVE HIM THAT. I hope you find it to move out of neutral sometime in your foreseeable life because you have been stuck in this nothingburger for at least 24 hours . . .

When The Bird told y’ll CMD was going to be the next HFC of the Cajuns, this place went ballistic. CMD was named HFC of the Cajuns.
    Actually, JMV told the board this.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I keep seeing reports that Michigan State is still looking for an opponent because Louisiana pulled out to play Wake Forest. Doesn't sound like they were making room for a 9th conference game. Should be easy enough to confirm.
    I don't understand why in the world would we pull out that game, it doesn't make sense to me. I wish they would enlighten the fans a bit on this. I would rather play Mich St. than Wake Forest any day.

Pretty obvious, IMO
    If this is the case, we could have done this deal without cancelling with Mich St. Playing Mich St and WF in the same year is a good thing, not bad scheduling at all. Makes no sense.

You’re a detractor to this forum, and like Turbine stated, I was 100% accurate.

I answered your question, you looked like a fool once again, then you shift the goal post….again.

This fan base would be 1000 times better without you. Which we know you aren’t a fan anyway.

9. Default Re: Louisiana To Play Wake Forest in 2024

The question needs to be answered and explained to the donors forking over thousands of dollars. Did we pay the 500K? Did we have WF pay the 500K? This matters.

I can tell you, there are people within athletics that have said to donors that Michigan State triggered the schedule change. If that's the case, we should not be paying anything. If that isn't the case, donors are being lied to about this situation.

10. Default Re: Louisiana To Play Wake Forest in 2024

Somebody is listening.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The question needs to be answered and explained to the donors forking over thousands of dollars. Did we pay the 500K? Did we have WF pay the 500K? This matters.

I can tell you, there are people within athletics that have said to donors that Michigan State triggered the schedule change. If that's the case, we should not be paying anything. If that isn't the case, donors are being lied to about this situation.
    So either we forked over half a million (or WF paid, but to me that means we get half a mill less from what WF was willing to pay us), or Michigan State initiated (despite reports to the contrary), and they are paying us half a million dollars.

That’s a 1 Million Dollar swing from one scenario to the other, for a program with only about a 30-35 Million budget.

Seems to me that a pretty fracking big detail that still has not been answered.

12. Default Re: Louisiana To Play Wake Forest in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    So either we forked over half a million (or WF paid, but to me that means we get half a mill less from what WF was willing to pay us), or Michigan State initiated (despite reports to the contrary), and they are paying us half a million dollars.

That’s a 1 Million Dollar swing from one scenario to the other, for a program with only about a 30-35 Million budget.

Seems to me that a pretty fracking big detail that still has not been answered.
    Maybe it should be answered, but UL doesn’t answer to the RPCA

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Not sure why you keep harping on Martin Hall's lack of transparency.

But I agree, a little more would clear up the confusion.
    The sooner everyone understands and accepts (ha ha) MH and Auxiliary Services main objective is to outsource everything they can and just receive a check. Cost be damned to the fans.

Just reading all these posts?

So Wake Forest is coming to Lafayette in the future or not?

15. Default Re: Louisiana To Play Wake Forest in 2024

Seems not

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information