Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana To Play Wake Forest in 2024

Default Re: Louisiana To Play Wake Forest in 2024

Some of you honestly believe martin hall would allow Dr maggard to light $500k on fire just b/c?

2. Default Re: Louisiana To Play Wake Forest in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCajun View Post
    Some of you honestly believe martin hall would allow Dr maggard to light $500k on fire just b/c?
    There is more to it than that.

Silence creates the perception that no school can trust making a contract with Louisiana.

At the very least the cost of buyouts will go up, something this school can't afford.

3. Default Re: Louisiana To Play Wake Forest in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    That's the whole problem, this school cannot afford media silence on money matters.
    This is the opinion of one.

4. Default Re: Louisiana To Play Wake Forest in 2024

Silence creates the perception that no school can trust making a contract with Louisiana.

At the very least the cost of buyouts will go up, something this school can't afford.
    This is the speculation of one.

So I’m supposed to just speculate that they would never let him do that and not expect the university to inform us they the media reports were wrong or not 100% correct?

Both schools agree to a contract, if we paid our agreement then where is the distrust? Im doubting,from what we know, that this administration would just completely waste half a million dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    So I’m supposed to just speculate that they would never let him do that and not expect the university to inform us they the media reports were wrong or not 100% correct?
    where did they report not receiving their buyout?

Both schools agree to a contract, if we paid our agreement then where is the distrust? Im doubting,from what we know, that this administration would just completely waste half a million dollars.
    Maybe not, but the fact that they've not challenged (so far as I or anyone else here has been able to find) the reports that we've backed out of the game. And it's common practice that, if one school backs out of a contract, they're bound to pay some penalty. So this isn't some giant leap of logic. If indeed we backed out, then it's not unreasonable to assume there's a financial penalty. You'd have to be pretty daft to not get this.

That said, maybe MSU gave us a higher buyout so it could save face and schedule an FCS team in our place, with the proviso that we keep quiet about it. If that's the case — and I really, really hope it isn't — it sure seems like we don't have a lot of respect for ourselves.

In any event, with the silence on this matter from Reinhardt Drive, it seems they're not too concerned with appearances. Which is a darned shame.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    Maybe not, but the fact that they've not challenged (so far as I or anyone else here has been able to find) the reports that we've backed out of the game. And it's common practice that, if one school backs out of a contract, they're bound to pay some penalty. So this isn't some giant leap of logic. If indeed we backed out, then it's not unreasonable to assume there's a financial penalty. You'd have to be pretty daft to not get this.

That said, maybe MSU gave us a higher buyout so it could save face and schedule an FCS team in our place, with the proviso that we keep quiet about it. If that's the case, it sure seems like we don't have a lot of respect for ourselves, and I hope that's not the case.

In any event, with the silence on this matter from Reinhardt Drive, it seems they're not too concerned with appearances. Which is a darned shame.
    I know we backed out of the game. Army backed out of that date with wake forest, maybe they used that money to pay MSU and we agreed to a multi game deal with WFU and in turn made it work for all parties. I guess you could take what you know of this administrations money spending habits and assume they just wasted half a million for the hell of it.

UNLV adds home game w/Syracuse this fall, source told @ActionNetworkHQ. Rebels had opening on 2024 schedule after Army canceled its game w/UNLV (& home/home series) when the Black Knights joined the AAC

Lmao

Nm

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Rice? Our first win in the major division after the split. They were still in the SWC. Ray agonized on whether to move up or not.

Interesting footnote that I posted some years back, I'll repost for the newbies. When the NCAA came up with the 1-A / 1-AA split, we decided to move up. Only 3 Louisiana schools did, UL, Tulane, LSU. (I believe USM is the only other charter member in the 'Belt.) We went to the Southland, asked if we could stay in the conference for all other sports.

They said, "Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya."

A few years later, Tech decided to move up, asked the Southland if they could stay in the conference in all other sports. They were told, "Sure, pal."

Then a few years later, ULM asked for the same concession. "No problemo."

I have noted before that's it's interesting that UL never really passes our rivals. We just look around, and they're no longer there...
    I love the last paragraph. Would look great on a T shirt!

Fun, you of all people should know we did not “move up” to 1-A. The SLC dropped down.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information