Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana To Play Wake Forest in 2024

Default Re: Louisiana To Play Wake Forest in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Maybe it should be answered, but UL doesn’t answer to the RPCA
    Maybe not, but most of us here are donors to the program. I'd hope that this was done responsibly, considering it's our dollars that are funding much of this. The lack of transparency is baffling.

2. Default Re: Louisiana To Play Wake Forest in 2024

Sometimes I believe that we believe others are far more transparent. My experience is nobody is transparent except when it benefits themselves.

That's true for individuals, but organizations that live or die based on the generosity of others don't have that luxury. They can't allow a bad perception to become reality. You've got to have a better reason for pulling out of a Big Ten game to play a middling ACC opponent thats better than "we felt like it." Or, for no apparent reason at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    That's true for individuals, but organizations that live or die based on the generosity of others don't have that luxury. They can't allow a bad perception to become reality. You've got to have a better reason for pulling out of a Big Ten game to play a middling ACC opponent thats better than "we felt like it." Or, for no apparent reason at all.
    Unfortunately it's been crickets.

UL Administration wants people to donate to help fund the programs and brick and mortar infrastructure, but no one has said anything to the fans (at least not us ordinary fans who are still RCAF members, even just an email would be nice) as to what the financial implications are to our program with this move.

We don't have the luxury of a $80+ Million program where something like this just "doesn't matter".

They don't care

6. Default Re: Louisiana To Play Wake Forest in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    They don't care
    Who you talked to?

7. Default Re: Louisiana To Play Wake Forest in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Maybe it should be answered, but UL doesn’t answer to the RPCA
    But they do answer to the donors. Several here are and have relationships with top donors to this athletic administration. We need to know whether we're making $500k to end the contract with MSU or paying $500k to end the contract. One is great news and obviously well executed with the replacement opponent. The other is not acceptable without an explanation.

This is not a small issue. When their answer to everything is, "we can't afford it," especially in the era of NIL (and I could add a whole lot more to that comment, but I'll refrain for now), there is no room for wasting half a million dollars.

Where is the AD and why hasn't he communicated this to our investors?

With all of the recent budget cuts, I am almost certain that Dr. Maggard did not voluntarily give up 500 grand for no reason. MH would not allow it. I think this is a big nothing burger. We canceled a game scheduled to play a lower tier P5 and scheduled another P5; nothing really to see here. Maybe Jay can ask Dr. Maggard about it next time he interviews him. Not everything that happens is a great scandal, except on Ragin Pagin and Ragin Review. Just saying.

9. Default Re: Louisiana To Play Wake Forest in 2024

This shows the weakness of relying on social media to communicate.

In the not so distant past the AD would be on the radio explaining things.

10. Default Re: Louisiana To Play Wake Forest in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    With all of the recent budget cuts, I am almost certain that Dr. Maggard did not voluntarily give up 500 grand for no reason. MH would not allow it. I think this is a big nothing burger. We canceled a game scheduled to play a lower tier P5 and scheduled another P5; nothing really to see here. Maybe Jay can ask Dr. Maggard about it next time he interviews him. Not everything that happens is a great scandal, except on Ragin Pagin and Ragin Review. Just saying.
    You can tell it’s almost Crawfish season. Your last sentence says a mouthful. You can say that again, again and again.

11. Default Re: Louisiana To Play Wake Forest in 2024

Who said it was a "scandal?" If anything, it's another example of awful communication.

Multiple media outlets have come out and said Louisiana pulled out of a contract. Details reveal there is a payment due if one side doesn't follow through. Athletics reps tell donors we didn't cancel the contract, leaving one program on the hook for $500K.

This has nothing to do with Ragin Review, sir. I'm simply asking who paid the money. A different message was communicated to donors than what is being reported in the media. Unlike you and the other charity donors, I actually care where my investment goes and what we're spending money on.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Who said it was a "scandal?" If anything, it's another example of awful communication.

Multiple media outlets have come out and said Louisiana pulled out of a contract. Details reveal there is a payment due if one side doesn't follow through. Athletics reps tell donors we didn't cancel the contract, leaving one program on the hook for $500K.

This has nothing to do with Ragin Review, sir. I'm simply asking who paid the money. A different message was communicated to donors than what is being reported in the media. Unlike you and the other charity donors, I actually care where my investment goes and what we're spending money on.
    From what I have gathered, msu wanted to play an fcs school so they asked to cancel the game. We agreed to the terms with the assurance that the wake payout would be more. We definitely didn’t have to pay nor are we worse off after this.

Was it us that cancelled the game or was it Michigan State? From my understanding, it was Michigan State which should mean we should get $500k.

14. Default Re: Louisiana To Play Wake Forest in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    From what I have gathered, msu wanted to play an fcs school so they asked to cancel the game. We agreed to the terms with the assurance that the wake payout would be more. We definitely didn’t have to pay nor are we worse off after this.
    If this is accurate, someone from PR needs to correct the media reports.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    If this is accurate, someone from PR needs to correct the media reports.
    Michigan State backs out of the deal. The media is posting stories that we were the ones who backed out. But nope. Nothing to see here.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information