Thread: 2023 New Orleans Bowl Ranked Third Best Bowl Game of the Season

1. Poll 2023 New Orleans Bowl Ranked Third Best Bowl Game of the Season

Jacksonville State 34, Louisiana 31 (OT): Ever been on an acid trip through the streets of New Orleans? I hadn't until I watched this New Orleans Bowl. The game was nuts. Louisiana scored three (three!) defensive touchdowns in the game, including one on the opening possession. Meanwhile, Jacksonville State was forced to rotate between QBs when Zion Webb was banged up. His replacement, Logan Smothers, would get hurt, too, getting replaced by the injured Webb. So, one team had three touchdowns on defense, and the other had two injured QBs. And the team with the injured QBs won the game!

I only wish that I had taken more time to appreciate this game as I watched it. It was one of the first games played this bowl season, and there were be far too few like it going forward. It's a lesson to us all not to take the great games for granted. We are not promised tomorrow's great bowl game. We only have today's. Pregame ranking: 26

2. Default Re: 2023 New Orleans Bowl Ranked Third Best Bowl Game of the Season

The New Orleans Bowl has pulled off this high ranking multiple times and even ranked #1 before.

A good matchup in a great venue can't be beat.

Default Re: 2023 New Orleans Bowl Ranked Third Best Bowl Game of the Season

Had I been a neutral, unbiased party, I would have very much enjoyed the game. I heard from several friends that it was one of the best bowl games they watched this season.

Unfortunately, I wasn't neutral. It was horrible watching our program lose to a CUSA team half the nation thought was where Deion Sanders coached.

Thats more like it. They really need to announce these ranking histories when they do the selections and calculate the payouts

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Thats more like it. They really need to announce these ranking histories when they do the selections and calculate the payouts
    We're u one of the 1.09 M to watch?

6. Default Re: 2023 New Orleans Bowl Ranked Third Best Bowl Game of the Season

New Orleans Bowls have been among the most enjoyable games I've ever gone to even when the Cajuns lost. The venue the options before and after the closeness it just can't be beat.

Besides the NY6, it is the best possible Bowl venue. The SBC should really try to tie this Bowl with a P4 conference. It deserves it.

Thread Information