Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sun Belt Attendance numbers

Default Sun Belt Attendance numbers

This is BAD. Though we’re only third-worst, practically we are the worst. Georgia State and ULM have good reasons. Georgia State is in the same city as Georgia Tech and ULM just sucks.

But seriously.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Sun Belt Attendance numbers

Well until we do something it ain’t going to change also we will have to win the hearts and minds of people of Acadiana. Until they make the effort nothing will change.

New stadium will not change anything.

Some how they made the citizens of Acadiana mad and will not show up, until something is done we will keep dwindling.

Ouch. I remember when we used to be on the top of the attendance lists. Wasn’t that long ago, actually.

Don’t hang your hats on being tops in baseball and softball. It’s good, but the admin seems to get a false sense of satisfaction from that.

On the national stage of college athletics, men’s b ball a d football move the needle. The attendance numbers for those are embarrassing.

Case in point......Georgia State just refurbished a relatively new stadium built for 96 Olympics. It's incredibly modern....nice.

Football and basketball are the money makers. The admin and coaches have got to embrace Acadiana.

I was actually in Atlanta not too long ago but I didn’t get a chance to see the refurbishment. I’m saying that we don’t have another college to battle for attendance numbers with like they do

Quote Originally Posted by MrCaelan04 View Post
    I was actually in Atlanta not too long ago but I didn’t get a chance to see the refurbishment. I’m saying that we don’t have another college to battle for attendance numbers with like they do
    We compete with lsu down the road and we’re drawing from 250k Atlanta is what? 2millionish?

People going to lsu games and staying home in Lafayette watching lsu will always cost us numbers. With that said there are plenty other people in the area to fill the stadium and the admin is 90% to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    We compete with lsu down the road and we’re drawing from 250k Atlanta is what? 2millionish?

People going to lsu games and staying home in Lafayette watching lsu will always cost us numbers. With that said there are plenty other people in the area to fill the stadium and the admin is 90% to blame.
    Lafayette metro is half a million . The biggest issue is that the outreach of the areas outside of the city of lafayette has gone from minimal to zero. There were plans to have ambassadors for each Parish. I had even volunteered for the Vermilion chapter. However once Nico left that idea was scrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post

Atl metro is 6 million and G state is right in the middle of it

Coach Elliot also calls out fans etc for poor attendance...CMD and Maggard, not so much as a whisper..

11. Default Re: Sun Belt Attendance numbers

Quote Originally Posted by MrCaelan04 View Post
    What’s their metroplex numbers, about two times the state of Louisiana. They got plenty of people to fill that stadium, Georgia, Georgia Tech many times over

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    What’s their metroplex numbers, about two times the state of Louisiana. They got plenty of people to fill that stadium, Georgia, Georgia Tech many times over
    Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, Nola and many other pro sports cities don’t fill the local college teams stadium. It’s not a good comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, Nola and many other pro sports cities don’t fill the local college teams stadium. It’s not a good comparison.
    Correct. The large market size thing matters most to CUSA and AAC evidently

14. Default Re: Sun Belt Attendance numbers

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    It is when someone pulls Georgia Tech as their argument for a miserable GSU attendance. They occupy the same city, but totally different subset of fans and potential fans.

You guys realize UGA owns AtL, and is a short trip up I-85

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information