Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: MBB: JMU 68, UL 61

Default Re: JMU 68, UL 61

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    So are we still finishing the season with single digit losses?
    What are the betting odds on that?

Quote Originally Posted by sunbeltsports View Post
    Little late to the thread but, game thoughts:
    -JMU is no where near #19
    -why are we trapping the 3 pt line with Hosana
    -defense was great, offense was abysmal
    -did no one see the JMU player elbow our player in the ribs in the paint? Easy tech
    ball defense was solid but rebounding is a part of defense and we gave up WAY too many offensive rebounds

Attached Images Attached Images  

JMU is easily becoming the most hated program all around in this conference. Whiny ass fans, whiny coaches and dk head players. Basketball, baseball, football…it’s all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    JMU is easily becoming the most hated program all around in this conference. Whiny ass fans, whiny coaches and dk head players. Basketball, baseball, football…it’s all the same.
    when teams move up they have lots of players that couldn't get on other teams for grades or for being thuggish and it shows every time a team moves up divisions

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    I also saw the JMU assistant coach constantly taunting Marlin. I didn’t know what why he kept walking almost to Bob’s side and pointing and yelling at him. It was weird then I realized he was taunting our bench or Bob. Scrappy game that refs lost control of. There should have been at least 2 techs on JMU, but that’s not why we lost. Poor shooting in first half and missed Free Throws down the stretch.
    The losses are always decided by refs. All 7 of them were all the refs fault. Not because our offense becomes stagnant

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    What are the betting odds on that?
    I’d say over 9.5 losses should be at -3000 are some ____ like that

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    when teams move up they have lots of players that couldn't get on other teams for grades or for being thuggish and it shows every time a team moves up divisions
    JMU was always D1. Only their football team moved up subdivisions.

I’ve said numerous times that college basketball refs are the worst. Last night may have been the absolute worst I have ever seen in person or on tv. These guys controlled the flow of everything. Having said that, we make our free throws and we maybe call a timeout in the middle of their run then the refs don’t matter.

Also fk JMU as a whole

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    JMU was always D1. Only their football team moved up subdivisions.
    they played like the thugs they are, POS coaches in sports breed POS players, their player should have been tossed when he shoved our player, and just thug play all through the game.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    JMU was much more efficient. Namely, they can come down the court and run a nice double screen to get their best shooter a wide open 3 point shot which he makes and we are constantly struggling in our offense to get anything, much less a wide open shot for our best shooters.
    We were busting them inside with Kitenge to open the game. If we had gone back to that a bit late in the game we could have opened up some of our shooters. That game was ours for the taking and we fell short.

Then go beat'em. Quit _____in about the fan base, coaches and players.

I miss the days when the Cajuns had dogs on the team. We just seem soft, to be honest. We need a Brian Hamilton and Dwayne Mitchell type combo. Bob Marlin teams just don’t scare anybody. That’s my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I miss the days when the Cajuns had dogs on the team. We just seem soft, to be honest. We need a Brian Hamilton and Dwayne Mitchell type combo. Bob Marlin teams just don’t scare anybody. That’s my opinion.
    Nothing like a Mitchell dunk to get the crowd into it!

When teams don't collapse on the driving point guard, we have no offense. Late in the game down 1, we run no play & take a bad shot. JMU goes down, runs a set play to get an open shot and the game was over at that point.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information