Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: MBB: JMU 68, UL 61

Default Re: JMU 68, UL 61

JMU went to the pick and roll and picked the matchup they wanted off the switch. We have no guy that can do what Edwards did late. No one that can beat someone off the dribble and go get a bucket.

OK, here's a plan. Send Brad Boyd to asst coach under Will Wade for one season. He can learn all of the evil, diabolical secrets from the master who knows how to recruit and coach games. Then bring him back here to implement those dark secrets. (Of course he will need a shower, a good confession, and an exorcism upon return)

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    Nothing like a Mitchell dunk to get the crowd into it!
    It’s more than just the theatrics of the dunk. The Cajun teams of the ‘90s and early ‘00s just had a different feel to them. They beat your ass on the court and would happily do it in the club later that evening. I’m ready to start bringing in questionable players with an attitude that can flat out ball. We have a bunch of choirboys.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    OK, here's a plan. Send Brad Boyd to asst coach under Will Wade for one season. He can learn all of the evil, diabolical secrets from the master who knows how to recruit and coach games. Then bring him back here to implement those dark secrets. (Of course he will need a shower, a good confession, and an exorcism upon return)
    I’m sold.

“We played extremely hard, and if we make some shots, I think we win.”

What a thought. Make some shots and you win. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    JMU went to the pick and roll and picked the matchup they wanted off the switch. We have no guy that can do what Edwards did late. No one that can beat someone off the dribble and go get a bucket.
    Hardy is probably the only guy that can do that. When we were running the spread/ 4 corners offense late in the game, we needed someone that could have penetrated in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    It’s more than just the theatrics of the dunk. The Cajun teams of the ‘90s and early ‘00s just had a different feel to them. They beat your ass on the court and would happily do it in the club later that evening. I’m ready to start bringing in questionable players with an attitude that can flat out ball. We have a bunch of choirboys.
    It’s time to go back to that in today’s age of college sports. It’s all legal. Let’s do it.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    When teams don't collapse on the driving point guard, we have no offense. Late in the game down 1, we run no play & take a bad shot. JMU goes down, runs a set play to get an open shot and the game was over at that point.
    How many times do we do just that, we run no play & take a bad shot? Fulks and Thomas and often times Julien go isolation and just force ridiculous shots with no one in position to rebound. This happens over and over and leads to losses against better teams. Marlin never corrects. JMU runs set plays, finds open shots and game over. JMU is not a superior team, just better coached.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    “We played extremely hard, and if we make some shots, I think we win.”

What a thought. Make some shots and you win. Lol
    The key point here is "make some f'n shots"!!!!!

Going after Will Wade as head coach over here is way too much of an intelligent thought I would guess ? Let's not. Lets keep this clown that's been making upper six figures for the last 14 years and has beaten NO ONE. That's way less work. And we love less work around here.It's what we do.

Default Re: MBB: JMU 68, UL 61

As a periodic watcher of Cajun basketball these are my observations after watching the last couple of games:
    1) not a talented team. I guess Julien is a solid D1 starter. The other 7-8 who get minutes are role players.
    2) Having a Pt guard who can’t shoot or finish consistently around the basket makes for a painful offense to watch.
    3) Marlin and staff are not good recruiters. Over the years we have had many great athletes who were mediocre shooters or great shooters who were serviceable athletes. Now we have neither great athletes nor great shooters.
    4) on a positive note, I was impressed with the hustle and chemistry of the team. I really liked how hard #34 was working down low. The coaches look to be getting a lot out of this undersized, ragtag bunch.

I have no idea if NIL is preventing us from getting good players, but no coach would be successful with this group of players. I agree Marlin has had more than enough years to establish a consistent winner. Maybe it’s time to find a young/hungry coach who can get in some better athletes.

12. Default Re: JMU 68, UL 61

Nothing like a Mitchell dunk to get the crowd into it!
    Mitchell would be bad to have on the team now.
    With his dunks, we'd have a 50% fan hip replacement rate at every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    JMU is easily becoming the most hated program all around in this conference. Whiny ass fans, whiny coaches and dk head players. Basketball, baseball, football…it’s all the same.
    So??

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I’ve said numerous times that college basketball refs are the worst. Last night may have been the absolute worst I have ever seen in person or on tv. These guys controlled the flow of everything. Having said that, we make our free throws and we maybe call a timeout in the middle of their run then the refs don’t matter.

Also fk JMU as a whole
    But they weren't that bad... Lol. I think JMU had more of a reason to complain.

We were busting them inside with Kitenge to open the game. If we had gone back to that a bit late in the game we could have opened up some of our shooters. That game was ours for the taking and we fell short.
    We tried to. They were waiting but he turned the ball over too much or didn't convert when he had the chance.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information