Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB: JMU 68, UL 61

Default Re: JMU 68, UL 61

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    And Marlin is involved in an altercation at the end of the game. Good grief.
    Might agree with a lot said tonight, but it’s wasn’t Bob. A player in street clothes from JMU started it. Was already happening before Marlin knew.

3 for JMU should of never made it to the end of the game. Refs swallowed the whistle most of the time on him.

2. Default Re: JMU 68, UL 61

Little late to the thread but, game thoughts:
    -JMU is no where near #19
    -why are we trapping the 3 pt line with Hosana
    -defense was great, offense was abysmal
    -did no one see the JMU player elbow our player in the ribs in the paint? Easy tech

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    JMU played great defense. We didn't have many open looks, and still would have won if our FTs would have been made.
    We should have been up by 10+ at the half the way they shot the ball. Kitenge was a beast early in the game, thought we could have benefited giving him the ball more in the post in the second half. Their shots finally started to fall in the last 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Might agree with a lot said tonight, but it’s wasn’t Bob. A player in street clothes from JMU started it. Was already happening before Marlin knew.

3 for JMU should of never made it to the end of the game. Refs swallowed the whistle most of the time on him.
    The video I saw looked like Marlin was going after a JMU player. I don’t think I said Marlin instigated it, just involved.

Basketball is almost unwatchable for me. What is a foul? Nobody seems to know.

It's really sad that we had a basketball game against a Top 20 conference team and this thread is only 4 pages.
    Yea but how many were deleted

7. Default Re: JMU 68, UL 61

I’m done with the excuses for this basketball team coming up short in games.
    It’s time for a coaching change.
    The Cajun Dome is probably one of the best facilities in the Sunbelt. There is no excuse for our failure to be a top 25 program, competing in the NCAA or the NIT tournament almost every year. We should be able to recruit players with the talent.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCaelan04 View Post
    To be fair, they do it for every game and have specific time slots for it. For example, when I did the blindfolded crawl challenge, we had to wait for the 12:00 minute media timeout. I assume the same thing applies to BWW. The PA dude can’t control that anymore than he wants to
    That might be the most UL thing I've ever heard..

Most important part of the game.. cut a 10 point lead down to 1. The crowd is absolutely hopping.. and that's the slot for the Dwight Andrus Kiss Cam!

Normally you'd want your crowd to be so loud they can't hear themselves in a timeout.. but here? Well that's the time slot for the Buffalo Wild Wings Dizzy Bat Raaaacessss

So are we still finishing the season with single digit losses?

Default Re: Basketball Game Tonight: JMU

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    We got destroyed on the boards
    Always

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    And Marlin is involved in an altercation at the end of the game. Good grief.
    I didn't see it but I did see a JMU staffer taunting Marlin the whole game when Marlin would contest calls. He was on the second row and I saw it multiple times

It's really sad that we had a basketball game against a Top 20 conference team and this thread is only 4 pages.
    Cut everybody some slack. They were all at the game! lol

I also saw the JMU assistant coach constantly taunting Marlin. I didn’t know what why he kept walking almost to Bob’s side and pointing and yelling at him. It was weird then I realized he was taunting our bench or Bob. Scrappy game that refs lost control of. There should have been at least 2 techs on JMU, but that’s not why we lost. Poor shooting in first half and missed Free Throws down the stretch.

This game was decided by rebounding which I've been critical of the cajuns this year for, namely, JMU's ability to ORB and efficiency. The game was cagey to say the least but the last 10 minutes, JMU was much more efficient. Namely, they can come down the court and run a nice double screen to get their best shooter a wide open 3 point shot which he makes and we are constantly struggling in our offense to get anything, much less a wide open shot for our best shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by sunbeltsports View Post
    Little late to the thread but, game thoughts:
    -JMU is no where near #19
    -why are we trapping the 3 pt line with Hosana
    -defense was great, offense was abysmal
    -did no one see the JMU player elbow our player in the ribs in the paint? Easy tech
    That would be 3. He was throwing elbows off as the high offensive pick almost every time.

JMU will face the harsh realities of SBC basketball. They won’t run the table, but even if they did, the bottom of the league’s NET kills any at large hope. I hope they do run the table, yack in the tournament and sit home. League has only 4 teams above 200, rest stinking it up.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basket...l-net-rankings

Refs holding a conference with 20 seconds left discussing where the throw in should be after a JMU TO call. SMH.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information