Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Basketball School

Default Re: Basketball School

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I know enough. I know that we vastly overpay an underachieving coach. I know that you have closer ties to this program than anyone else on this board at the moment.

Me being an athlete here and an absolute horrible student here has nothing to do with me posting Bob’s salary.

In 2022 Bob made $204k from the state and additional $468k from private funds. Not to mention the incentive pay that was on top of that.

Some people had to pony up a lot of cash to get in Bob’s circle.
    Where are you getting the total amount for the incentives?

Let me get this straight. BM State Salary is $210,000 and the rest is from DONATIONS TO RCAF. So you mean to tell me some of yall putting up $400,000+ dollars to pay this man’s salary. WOW…

No wonder y’all could only get to $30,000 and not $50,000 for Jordan Brown. Yall gave all yall money to the COACH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post
    Let me get this straight. BM State Salary is $210,000 and the rest is from DONATIONS TO RCAF. So you mean to tell me some of yall putting up $400,000+ dollars to pay this man’s salary. WOW…

No wonder y’all could only get to $30,000 and not $50,000 for Jordan Brown. Yall gave all yall money to the COACH!!!
    That’s what you get with a general fund. I think Mike is topped at 350 from the state and the rest is from RCAF. This is nothing new. If you are part of RCAF then you are giving the man money too.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    That’s what you get with a general fund. I think Mike is topped at 350 from the state and the rest is from RCAF. This is nothing new. If you are part of RCAF then you are giving the man money too.
    Yes 10,000 extra on floor seating on the 10 tickets we bought…. #wow

5. Default Re: Basketball School

Approx 70% of the RCAF General Fund goes to coach salaries, per a previous RCAF director.

Which is why many people have stopped and/or will not give to the RCAF General fund. They don’t tell you this because they know if more people find out, they will pull donations when they don’t support a particular coach.

It is the #1 reason why I give to specific initiates and no longer give to the RCAF General Fund.

6. Default Re: Basketball School

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Approx 70% of the RCAF General Fund goes to coach salaries, per a previous RCAF director.

Which is why many people have stopped and/or will not give to the RCAF General fund. They don’t tell you this because they know if more people find out, they will pull donations when they don’t support a particular coach.

It is the #1 reason why I give to specific initiates and no longer give to the RCAF General Fund.
    Question. When I buy my season tickets for baseball, I am required to pay the RCAF fee. I can specifically send that payment to a certain fund or it has to go to the general fund?

7. Default Re: Basketball School

Quote Originally Posted by RAGINCAJUN11 View Post
    Question. When I buy my season tickets for baseball, I am required to pay the RCAF fee. I can specifically send that payment to a certain fund or it has to go to the general fund?
    Must go to general fund

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post

But but I thought the RCAF funds were for the student-athletes, NOT coaching salaries.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Historically the term basketball school isn’t about being like Wichita State with great basketball but no football. Think instead Duke, Kentucky, UCLA schools with good basketball and average to poor football.
    Then we likely are not that either.
    And those football teams arent that poor, of the 3 we only have a better bowl record than duke, but duke has more conf titles than we do.

But i do think it is a good goal, to just choose one sport,maybe two, and go for that, and leave the others behind.
    That is why on numerous occasions i proposed that scholarship limits should be cumulative and not broken down by sport, let the schools decide. Why not have 25 or more full rides in baseball/softball if you deduct them from another sport.

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    But but I thought the RCAF funds were for the student-athletes, NOT coaching salaries.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Lol
    That dude is an F’n idiot

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    That dude is an F’n idiot
    It’s only stated in the mission statement. But you do you.

13. Default Re: Basketball School

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Then we likely are not that either.
    And those football teams arent that poor, of the 3 we only have a better bowl record than duke, but duke has more conf titles than we do.

But i do think it is a good goal, to just choose one sport,maybe two, and go for that, and leave the others behind.
    That is why on numerous occasions i proposed that scholarship limits should be cumulative and not broken down by sport, let the schools decide. Why not have 25 or more full rides in baseball/softball if you deduct them from another sport.
    We became a basketball school in the Winkler/Lamar and Andrew Toney era. Not as good as those mentioned but good enough for at large invites to NCAA and Winkler/Lamar first team to integrate in the South. Finally if you believe any of the schools I mentioned had, have football ahead of their basketball you’d be wrong until very recently if that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information