Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Increasing Attendance at Our Sporting Events

Default Re: Increasing Attendance at Our Sporting Events

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Chicken egg 100%

Because "I was able to get a beer when I wanted one" won't bring in 30,000 but a coach who captures the imagination will.

Once they are there, game one and only then "every game that needs to be perfect."
    They have 359 days to prepare for 24 hours worth of work. It's 6 games a year. We have had plenty of packed games already and we ___ the bed everytime,under every coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    You see it at Sunday Mass.same exact Mass word for word, less the homily is said at all parishes on planet earth. Priest that excel in communication tend to fill more pews.
    you go to to church listen to the preist, people dont pay to listen to mike talk.

You totally & completely missed the pointThose who love Cajun football without strings attached wouldn't care how poor is public communcation skills are.

Marginal fans? You see the results. Mike has to clean up.his public engagement communications. Also he has to do a lot more events. Not all need to open to the public.speak at board meetings; be key note speaker at as many private events as possible.

We have to get to the casual fans
    We basically preach to the choir now
    Mobilize all the season ticket holders into teams and have incentives to beat the bushes with friends relatives etc
    Start marketing now not July
    Hit every high school now in the spring with insentivea. , also business such as hospitals ,oil companies .
    There are ways just need to br done

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCajun View Post
    you go to to church listen to the preist, people dont pay to listen to mike talk.
    I think UL (administration) relies to much on the coach to promote the program. His job is to run the program, it should be the University that promotes the games and market game day activities. Shouldn’t all be on the coach and I have to say here at UL it is all on the coach . At least that’s the feeling I get.

You totally & completely missed the pointThose who love Cajun football without strings attached wouldn't care how poor is public communcation skills are.

Marginal fans? You see the results. Mike has to clean up.his public engagement communications. Also he has to do a lot more events. Not all need to open to the public.speak at board meetings; be key note speaker at as many private events as possible.
    None of that matters if the horses get to the trough and its filled with ___, like every single time we get people to the stadium in the past. People will not drop a couple hundred bucks per game to have a bad time, doesnt matter how many key note speaker events our coaches do. Im not the one missing the point. Casual fans want to be entertained on gameday and I hate to break it to you but our target audience is not in board meetings. That is not who we are going to fill the stadium with.

None of that matters if the horses get to the trough and its filled with ___, like every single time we get people to the stadium in the past. People will not drop a couple hundred bucks per game to have a bad time, doesnt matter how many key note speaker events our coaches do. Im not the one missing the point. Casual fans want to be entertained on gameday and I hate to break it to you but our target audience is not in board meetings. That is not who we are going to fill the stadium with.
    Exactly !! I almost think this way how many people in the Acadiana area work in the Oil Field or are blue collar workers? So if I work in a Oil Field industry how many saturdays will I get off plus my time is precious. If I am willing to take a Saturday to go to a football game I want to have a great time. So we need to be focusing on game day experience!

Taking away tailgating was a killer, waiting in long lines for hours to get a drink is a killer, or to get a hamburger.

This is not Missouri or wherever these people come from where people are working 9-5 with weekends off.

Part of the reason why family get togethers are important, why festivals are so important I honestly think it’s part of making up for lost time with love ones.

Some people can only make one or two games a year, that is why it is so important to reach a wide array of people.

This is where LSU succeeds because most probably go to one or two games a year, with them playing Bama, or Ole Miss, and have crowds of upwards of 90k and willing to pay 100 dollars a ticket because it is just one game they are going to.

It’s not about the price it is about the experience, the price is just the excuse because they really don’t want to go to the game .

When I say price I am not willing to drop 1,500 for one game to tailgate for one game.

This is why we need to have festival type atmosphere where I may drop 100 on drinks, food and tailgating before I even walk into the stadium.

8. Default Re: Increasing Attendance at Our Sporting Events

They have 359 days to prepare for 24 hours worth of work. It's 6 games a year. We have had plenty of packed games already and we ___ the bed everytime,under every coach.
    Doesn't change what's needed going forward.

"Recapture" the imagination, with a reality to match.

The problem before if it was a problem was we were not capitalizing on tailgating. People were willing to show up because they can park, pop a tent, set up a burner or small grill, and a ice chest and have a great time. Which is the perfect model! Just not a money making model

A money making model that works is the festival model. Tables, chairs, vendors, stuff for kids, food trucks, stage etc., and spending money at the stadium for the things I would like to do at football games or things I would like to do on a big Saturday or days that I am off.

Like Fishing, Hunting, Mardi Gras, Festivals, lighting a fire, BBQing etc. its not just drinking it is about the experience and having a good time with the whole family.

10. Default Re: Increasing Attendance at Our Sporting Events

You are right after they are in the barn the call to action speach no longer matters, but the motivation move to action still comes first.

. Marginal fans? You see the results. Mike has to clean up his public engagement communications. Also he has to do a lot more events.
    Cajun people are known worldwide for our expressive, outgoing personality. In a way, Hud was more Cajun than any Head Coach we've ever had. It's why he connected with the fan base so much.

We play in Our Lady of Lourdes stadium. CMD should be on a never ending speaking tour with all KC chapters in Acadiana. Make a cultural connection. Expand from there.

And if enough butts (donors) aren’t in the pews, the church closes. It’s the business part of religion.

You can make all the suggestions you want but WINNING cures all. WINNING and winning a lot. WINNING games against quality opponents in all major sports. Football has beaten no one since Texas A&M. If you want to count Iowa St on the road, go with that. Point is, people [FANS] want a good product to spend their time and their money on. If you think this newly renovated stadium is the cure all, think again. At first like anything new in Lafayette, people will go see and experience early on but that will wear off real quick. Too many examples of that in the past. If this administration doesn't get their schitt together quickly for the fans sake [especially for football] we'll be rockin and rollin in D1-A. It's really pathetic times that we're witnessing.

How about Electronic UL billboards in strategic locations. Have one off or near I-10. One off 90 towards New Iberia and a couple in Lafayette. Would be showing our matchup vs #19 James Madison right now. That could reach more potential fans than the internet blasts do in my opinion. We need to find the budget for things like this if we are serious about increasing attendance.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information