Thread: Serious Question about the RCAF and Control ...

Default Serious Question about the RCAF and Control ...

I have always believed that the reason the RCAF is not set up like the most successful booster clubs (TAF) is because the administration does not want to lose control over fundraising and how those funds are distributed due to NCAA sanction fears. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

However, if I am right, in this new era of NIL, hasn't that fear been completely rendered null and void? What they have been afraid of has now been made legal.

Shouldn't we now organize our Booster club in the manner to maximize this legal fundraising?

It is time to give the RCAF control of its own money. It is the right thing to do.

Default Re: Serious Question about the RCAF and Control ...

Not happening, it’s all about control. And it’s probably deeper than MH. Remember, the ULS is designed for control of the non LSU programs via infighting. You’re not suppose to outshine your brethren. But RCAF should be independent as per Alden Report.

Even if UL gets a powerful NIL system, not happening. UL could get a mega donor to start a med school and it would get shot down.

Default Re: Serious Question about the RCAF and Control ...

remember that a good chunk of taf monies come from the fact that they control part of the stadium and receive income in kickbacks from the state for the premium seating at that stadium

4. Default Re: Serious Question about the RCAF and Control ...

The control of RCAF were obvious from day one. I reluctantly gave whatever was needed for seating privileges.

We simply need a booster club beholding to the members and programs, not MH, not a single coach, or athletic director.

Thread Information