Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread: We were told Marlin graduates players

Default Re: We were told Marlin graduates players

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Ahhhh. Oh now i see. my bad so this isnt about a concern for the academic well being of the individual students and overall reputation of the university, got it.

If the extension was automatic per making big dance, why are you out to prove other reasons wrong?
    I’ve been on record several times Marlin earned his extension. Doesn’t change the program under his tenure. Mediocre.

We’ve been told he wins 75% of his games…wrong. He has high graduation rates…wrong.

So tell me the reason he’s lasted 14 years with just 2 NCAA appearances. It’s because he’s befriended the right people and his wife is best friends with Maggard’s wife. They are also really close with T-Joe.

It is the only reason he is still here in year 14. We average about 15% of capacity in the dome. Not good enough.

I’m sorry if there is only a handful of fans who actually expect the program to be successful at the highest level possible. We outspend almost all program in the SBC and our results don’t meet the spending.

But keep sunshine pumping.

2. Default Re: We were told Marlin graduates players

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I’ve been on record several times Marlin earned his extension. Doesn’t change the program under his tenure. Mediocre.

We’ve been told he wins 75% of his games…wrong. He has high graduation rates…wrong.

So tell me the reason he’s lasted 14 years with just 2 NCAA appearances. It’s because he’s befriended the right people and his wife is best friends with Maggard’s wife. They are also really close with T-Joe.

It is the only reason he is still here in year 14. We average about 15% of capacity in the dome. Not good enough.

I’m sorry if there is only a handful of fans who actually expect the program to be successful at the highest level possible. We outspend almost all program in the SBC and our results don’t meet the spending.

But keep sunshine pumping.
    The only reason he’s still here is because of contract extension, extensions within the original contract met by two tournament and one regular season championship.

All the rest of the bull sit is propaganda to support his mediocre record.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    The only reason he’s still here is because of contract extension, extensions within the original contract met by two tournament and one regular season championship.

All the rest of the bull sit is propaganda to support his mediocre record.
    I agree hardly any college athletic coaching contracts are written well. It really does boggle my mind. It seems a contracting intern could do better. But we certainly don't have the worst contracts out there. I seem to recall coaches being paid for final fours that they werent even involved with. And look at how many in football get raises to "move up" to HC, even if they had no other options as negotiating power or no competition for the job. Why not stay at the original contract and assume the extra duties to prove themselves, and show example to players that they honor entire length of contracts

4. Default Re: We were told Marlin graduates players

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    I agree hardly any college athletic coaching contracts are written well. It really does boggle my mind. It seems a contracting intern could do better. But we certainly don't have the worst contracts out there. I seem to recall coaches being paid for final fours that they werent even involved with. And look at how many in football get raises to "move up" to HC, even if they had no other options as negotiating power or no competition for the job. Why not stay at the original contract and assume the extra duties to prove themselves, and show example to players that they honor entire length of contracts
    So you would like to rewrite history.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    So you would like to rewrite history.
    Or learn lessons to write better contracts.

6. Default Re: We were told Marlin graduates players

I’d never have a contract extension without an undated letter of resignation. Don’t sign the contract if you don’t trust me.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread Information