Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: # Pack the dom?

Default Re: # Pack the dom?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Flyers were abandoned because of saturation not because they never worked.
    Guarantee there is someone who will send an email titled: "30k paper flyers for a basketball game!? THinK oF tHe EnvIRonMenT!"

I’ll be there for my first basketball game of the year. Hoping for a win so I will want to attend more. I’m sure many are in the same boat. Geaux UL

3. Default Re: # Pack the dom?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    How about promoting it somewhere besides social media how about we put up billboards and hand out flyers etc.
    Some of y’all might remember the old days of elections. They used to go through the neighborhoods with big speakers on top vehicles hyping both the candidates and get out and vote messages. That was really a good way to bring attention to whatever was going on. Don’t know how effective it would be today with every house closed up in air condition and central heating comfort.

4. Default Re: JMU Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    How can we fill the Cajundome when we can’t even get 2,500 people to show up? Sad how far Cajuns basketball has fallen.
    Y’all recall the noise lights? The louder it gets the more the lights flashed. We often had between 4500 and 6000. The Cajun Dome was just a couple years old. We had LTUR with Tommy Joe Eagles, Tim Floyd, and a natural rival in Lamar just past it’s best basketball days.

Default Re: JMU Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Y’all recall the noise lights? The louder it gets the more the lights flashed. We often had between 4500 and 6000. The Cajun Dome was just a couple years old. We had LTUR with Tommy Joe Eagles, Tim Floyd, and a natural rival in Lamar just past it’s best basketball days.
    Man, that’s almost 40 years ago. Kind of a systematic failure to grow fans thru the years. Lots of those fans back then too old and many possibly dead today.

Falls on every head coach that coached in the dome. Nobody left for a better position or left under some issue the next coach had to fix. And MH because they call the shots.

The noise meter was awesome!!

Default Re: JMU Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I remember that thing.

8. Default Re: JMU Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Man, that’s almost 40 years ago. Kind of a systematic failure to grow fans thru the years. Lots of those fans back then too old and many possibly dead today.

Falls on every head coach that coached in the dome. Nobody left for a better position or left under some issue the next coach had to fix. And MH because they call the shots.
    Yes, MH has been ucking the whole thing for decades.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information