Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: LB Coach Galen Scott leaving for UTSA

Default Re: Linebacker coach

When Des was hired, one of the knocks was that he didn't have deep ties, so his assistant coaches weren't top notch.
    After Year 1, when no coaches left, this reinforced this knock as people said, See ... no one wants these assistant coaches.
    After Year 2, with two coaches leaving, one for a P5 position the knock is now that the rats are leaving a sinking ship.

The only thing I know for certain is that no one on this board knows the answers, but it won't stop any of us from trying to use information to support what we already believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    When Des was hired, one of the knocks was that he didn't have deep ties, so his assistant coaches weren't top notch.
    After Year 1, when no coaches left, this reinforced this knock as people said, See ... no one wants these assistant coaches.
    After Year 2, with two coaches leaving, one for a P5 position the knock is now that the rats are leaving a sinking ship.

The only thing I know for certain is that no one on this board knows the answers, but it won't stop any of us from trying to use information to support what we already believe in.
    Wasn't Galen Scott & Jeff Norrid carry over from Napier though ?

LOL at your last sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Wasn't Galen Scott & Jeff Norrid carry over from Napier though ?
    No idea, but doesn't change the narrative.

A. They must not have been good enough to go with Napier to Florida.
    B. Des doesn't have the contacts to find good coaches that could replace these guys (reinforced by the fact that Des hasn't replaced the OL coach yet). Historically a lot of assistant coaching moves happen AFTER the AFCA meetings in early January.

B. Des doesn't have the contacts to find good coaches that could replace these guys (reinforced by the fact that Des hasn't replaced the OL coach yet). Historically a lot of assistant coaching moves happen AFTER the AFCA meetings in early January.
    Kinda does though. 2 coaches that wasn't directly hired by Dez is the only 2 to get offered equal or better jobs.

Kinda does though. 2 coaches that wasn't directly hired by Dez is the only 2 to get offered equal or better jobs.
    Once again, we don't know if they are the only 2 to get offered. The only thing we know is that they are the only ones to move on ... so far.

7. Default Re: Linebacker coach

Well said

I am pretty sure that we aren't hiring a second OL coach, seems like we are hiring a OC instead

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    True. But most coaches don’t up root for a lateral move unless there are issues at the current school.
    At this point, UTSA ain’t a lateral move.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    At this point, UTSA ain’t a lateral move.
    Yes. Any move within the G5 for the same position would be a lateral move.

Lamar Morgan got offered the same position at another school this past offseason. He turned it down because he saw it as a lateral move. I heard this from a few people one being Des’ brother.

Lamar Morgan got offered the same position at another school this past offseason. He turned it down because he saw it as a lateral move. I heard this from a few people one being Des’ brother.
    Seriously doubt that ..Can't imagine a HC looking at that defense and saying I need that.

Seriously doubt that ..Can't imagine a HC looking at that defense and saying I need that.
    You can doubt it if you want. I have never known Mike’s brother to lie who I have been knowing for a long time. Why would he just make that story up and tell me at one of the first tailgates of the year?

14. Default Re: Linebacker coach

Yes. Any move within the G5 for the same position would be a lateral move.
    This statement would not apply to any of the moves just prior to school
    being invited to a P5 conference.

It doesn't aplly to any case where an increase in pay is involved.

It doesn't apply to any coach who uses the move and in their next move gets hired by a P5 school.

It doesn't apply to any coach who moves on the the NFL in whatever position.

Basically it can't be called a lateral move until they make their next move, after the move.

Too many unknowns.

15. Default Re: Linebacker coach

Confirmation bias. So many posters here want to be right instead of correct.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information