Thread: UL's coaching staff simply had no choice but to adjust recruiting strategy in crazy new era

1. UL Football UL's coaching staff simply had no choice but to adjust recruiting strategy in crazy new era

Sometimes your long-held principles have to be altered a bit by a rapidly changing world that didn’t ask for your input.

That’s basically the situation UL football coach Michael Desormeaux found himself in about a year ago, so adjustments had to be made.

2. Default Re: UL's coaching staff simply had no choice but to adjust recruiting strategy in crazy new era

Good adjustments.

Default Re: UL's coaching staff simply had no choice but to adjust recruiting strategy in crazy new era

Great article, last sentence was a gut punch.

Default Re: UL's coaching staff simply had no choice but to adjust recruiting strategy in crazy new era

Our head coach is a relentless recruiter,” Leger said. “The guy makes multiple phone calls every night of the week. He stays in touch with these guys. He works harder at it than anybody I’ve ever seen to be quite honest. He stays up there late nights – time away from his family – working these recruits and it’s part of the reason why we put together the class that we did.

He's an exceptional, relentless recruiter. I have no reservations in saying that.”

While UL’s staff is now heavily involved in the transfer portal process, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t still preach its longtime beliefs.

I tell our kids all the time, ‘If you need money or a job or a girl to make you happy, then you’re never going to be (happy),’” Desormeaux revealed. “A lot of these guys realize that. They’re happy when they play and get an opportunity to play. That’s what we can offer these guys here. That’s been a good evolution for us over the course of the last two recruiting cycles.”
    This is why I am all in for CMD to become our next Robe. Let's GEAUX !!!!

Thread Information