Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal is temporarily closed.

Default Re: Transfer Portal closes in 7 days

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I'm not debating whether or not players have been receiving NIL for the last 2 or 3 years. What I'm trying to say is I don't believe players are receiving NIL money here at UL as soon as they hit campus and enroll. It doesn't raise questions as to their eligibility for Pell Grants. Pell Grants are simply a tool to use for athletes to enroll prior to signing a scholarship because the early signing period as closed.
    Thanks.... but wouldnt the parents income still come in to play?
    Or if a transfer they are "on their own" for prior period?

Seems kind of ridiculous that one can get scholarship and pell grant, even before NIL

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    AA quick breakdown as of today [12/27/23]

SBC EAST: 97 out 21 in
    App 12-2
    CCU 20-1
    GASO 9-3
    GAST 13-5
    JMU 15-1
    MU 13-9
    ODU 15-0

SBC WEST 47 out 36 in
    ASU 5-5
    UL 4-4
    ULM 15-10
    USA 4-2
    USM 5-8
    Troy 7-0
    TXST 7-7

West seems to be doing a better job holding on to players AND getting replacements.
    Thanks for doing this VO. I can't find any macro level metrics......be interesting to see portal stats by position, conference etc.

Since VO posted this yesterday am (great job VO)Troy had 3 more enter portal, TxState 1

The # of FBS WR in portal is crazy. I stop counting at 225 and plenty more left. Large majority have not landed a new roster spot

Default Re: Transfer Portal closes in 6 days

This grant requires each applicant to be an undergraduate student who has not yet earned a bachelor's degree, and a United States citizen or an eligible non-citizen (usually, a permanent resident). In addition, the applicant must have a high school diploma or a GED or be able to demonstrate the ability to benefit from the program.[6] Applicants must also sign a statement certifying that they will use the aid only for education-related purposes..... are all of these parameters being enforced, and does the staff help regular students as much as they help athletes with application process

Students must not have an outstanding Pell overpayment on record. Additionally, an applicant may not receive Pell Grant funds from more than one college at a time

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Maybe it’s hard to call plays for a QB who never could grasp the playbook.
    Watching Z play it was obvious the field was cut in half for him. Many times he’d look one direction from snap to release when it appeared someone on the other side was wide open. I am curious to see where he lands.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Maybe it’s hard to call plays for a QB who never could grasp the playbook.
    And what makes you think he didn't know the playbook? To assume that is kind of messed up. I don't think he would have beaten out the other two experienced players we had at the position had he been playbook deficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Watching Z play it was obvious the field was cut in half for him. Many times he’d look one direction from snap to release when it appeared someone on the other side was wide open. I am curious to see where he lands.
    Or perhaps they didn't want him overstaying his time in the pocket due to his ability to run the ball. Our offense was moving the best when he was using his legs. Maybe they didn't want to take that away from him by making him go over multiple reads?

8. Default Re: Transfer Portal closes in 7 days

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Or perhaps they didn't want him overstaying his time in the pocket due to his ability to run the ball. Our offense was moving the best when he was using his legs. Maybe they didn't want to take that away from him by making him go over multiple reads?
    …….l.lSo y’all…..join the QBClub…..the coaches answer all these questions……why we fumbled and what should have been the carry method……why run a QB draw based on down and distance…..why tackle eligible worked….injuries…..join!

As it is for the majority of young college QBs and NFL QBs especially rookies.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    That’s just incorrect. The reason he didn’t win the job to begin with is because he has a hard time reading defenses at this level and “he would put the ball in dangerous places”. They had to simplify the offense for him. Dumb it down if you want to put it in simple terms.

247 currently has 37 QBs......THIRTY SEVEN......in the portal that are available ranked ahead of ZC. He went into portal within days of large # of P5 QBs hitting the portal. Huge glut of talented QB ahead of ZC

That’s just incorrect. The reason he didn’t win the job to begin with is because he has a hard time reading defenses at this level and “he would put the ball in dangerous places”. They had to simplify the offense for him. Dumb it down if you want to put it in simple terms.
    It’s pretty evident by the mistakes he made when starting. We all said it was growing pains, and didn’t blame him. Minnesota and Georgia state are two games that ring a bell

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    As it is for the majority of young college QBs and NFL QBs especially rookies.
    I am gonna go on a limb here just from the little bit I’ve seen of the kid. I bet if you give the Beal kid 2 springs one in which he takes all the snaps and 2 fall camps you won’t need to dumb down the offense and cut the field in half for him. Just a hunch I have with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Thanks for doing this VO. I can't find any macro level metrics......be interesting to see portal stats by position, conference etc.

Since VO posted this yesterday am (great job VO)Troy had 3 more enter portal, TxState 1

The # of FBS WR in portal is crazy. I stop counting at 225 and plenty more left. Large majority have not landed a new roster spot
    I would also be curious to see how each team addressed their losses by position, both portal and graduation; ie did they recruit HS players or JUCO's to replace losses.

I am just not willing to do all the work required. lol

I’ve learned something interesting in the last month or so. You can find some insight into what is going on in this crazy college football world thru twitter/X. These players and coaches sometimes show their hand…..

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information