Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal is temporarily closed.

Default Re: Transfer Portal closes in 5 days

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Whose bright idea was it to have the portal open before the bowl season was done?
    The powers that be crave chaos.

No, I'm sure there is rationale. Or at least they told themselves there was. But in this world of opt outs, the opportunity to leave after the regular season but during bowl season impacts over 50% of FBS teams. That waters competition down even more when it's already a thin broth.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    Wonder when the coaches prefer the portal opening and closing dates? True why not let the bowl season play out then portal opens on January 2nd for a couple weeks? Reopen portal in late spring. Off thread but is it really necessary to set National Signing day right before Christmas in middle of bowl season? Don't understand why all of a sudden Feb 1st became a bad idea.
    IMO....it would benefit UL/G5 to move the early signing date to late Aug-Early Sept.

For the most part, after being upset initially, I’ve become indifferent on ZC leaving. I would have liked to see him develop here, but if he doesn’t want to be a Cajun, I don’t want him. I am definitely not happy at all about what college football is becoming.

As far as our numbers go in relation to the portal, having only lost 4 players, I wonder if you can draw any parallels to our coaching staff remaining intact for two years. Is the fact that we haven’t lost many players a really a good thing? How much does it have to do with the interest level from other teams in our players?

I think that as long as we upgrade our talent level through the portal, I’ll be happy. There are just too many variables at this point with the current chaos in college football.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    For the most part, after being upset initially, I’ve become indifferent on ZC leaving. I would have liked to see him develop here, but if he doesn’t want to be a Cajun, I don’t want him. I am definitely not happy at all about what college football is becoming.

As far as our numbers go in relation to the portal, having only lost 4 players, I wonder if you can draw any parallels to our coaching staff remaining intact for two years. Is the fact that we haven’t lost many players a really a good thing? How much does it have to do with the interest level from other teams in our players?

I think that as long as we upgrade our talent level through the portal, I’ll be happy. There are just too many variables at this point with the current chaos in college football.
    I think if you read Coach Leger’s comments about how hard CMD recruits, to me it also applies to re-recruiting the current roster. If there was a locker room problem you’d see far more than 4 players leaving. Seems like the team believes they can turn the corner next season and be back to winning. I’m like you regarding ZC. Think all he is doing is chasing the $$. I am concerned that it leaves the QB room thin. We can win with Ben if he stays healthy while developing the young guys. The OL has to be improved across the board though!!

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Karma is a biyotch......Billy et his Gators now at 19 outbound players in portal.

UL still at 4 in/4 out. Still have to make it through Jan 2.....at this point very few teams have 4 or fewer players exiting via portal.

Statistically for math nerds......at 4 outbound UL is a statistical anomaly on the low side. Probably solidly into 3rd deviation below the mean. There's no macro level metrics.... if you made me guess the average per team across FBS would be 14-15
    Did you see us play in the games? That should answer why.

6. Default Re: Transfer Portal closes in 5 days

Karma is a biyotch......Billy et his Gators now at 19 outbound players in portal.

UL still at 4 in/4 out. Still have to make it through Jan 2.....at this point very few teams have 4 or fewer players exiting via portal.

Statistically for math nerds......at 4 outbound UL is a statistical anomaly on the low side. Probably solidly into 3rd deviation below the mean. There's no macro level metrics.... if you made me guess the average per team across FBS would be 14-15
    Could be because nobody is tampering with most of our non all conference players.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Did you see us play in the games? That should answer why.
    Large majority of teams in regular season are: 4-8, 5-7, 6-6, 7-5 or 8-4 and loaded with non all conference players. 4 in portal or fewer at this point is still a exceptionally low # in this group....a statistical anomaly.. it is that low. It may change in next 4 days........we'll see.

Time to go striper fishing....been catching very big bass last 3 days w/17 caught over 5 lbs. Biggest was 22 lbs. Based on my past history fishing Texoma in winter.......also a statistical anomaly. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post

No, I'm sure there is rationale. Or at least they told themselves there was. But in this world of opt outs, the opportunity to leave after the regular season but during bowl season impacts over 50% of FBS teams. That waters competition down even more when it's already a thin broth.
    They probably thoight the bowl teams would have to stay still because of this and it could have been a veiled attempt to help the little guy.... but fingers are always crossed since big boys make the rules

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post

Not really...i propose you dont need an 85 man roster to play a bowl. Also i believe all the walkons past 85 are invited to the bowl as well. Then they also changed the red shirt rule again and said the bowl does not count against the 4 game red shirt rule.

IMO....it would benefit UL/G5 to move the early signing date to late Aug-Early Sept.
    Lol. Then everyone can leave if they have to stay in dorms?

Any news on visits?....any offers? The sheer numbers of 3 and 4 star with experience available in portal that could contribute immediately....

The portal has been brutal in recent years for UL, it would be nice to finish strong, the aggressor for once. With very few outbound.....Golden opportunity for Des and staff to flip the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Whose bright idea was it to have the portal open before the bowl season was done?
    my understanding is the academic calendar plays a large role in the portal window being open when it is. opening after the bowl games would be a huge plus for athletics.

also, expect to see mini cycles with teams that win and compete for conference championships. hit hard with portal out guys, then low year for the rebuild, another low year during development, hit hard again after winning. Cajuns had our hard hits 2 years ago. expect next season to potentially be a successful year, with lots of portal out guys at the end of the season.

Default Re: Transfer Portal closes in 7 days

Basically everything Will Wade was trying to do at LSU in buying players is now fully endorsed by NCAA......Business As Usual.
    Basically everything that USL did and got the death penalty is legal now.

Default Re: Transfer Portal closes in 7 days

Quote Originally Posted by old alum View Post
    Basically everything that USL did and got the death penalty is legal now.
    Except most of it was legal then as well

15. Default Re: Transfer Portal closes in 5 days

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    There are just too many variables at this point with the current chaos in college football.
    The game within the game has exploded in size and complexity.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information