Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal is temporarily closed.

Default Re: Transfer Portal closes in 7 days

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    What if their NIL or their parents income is too much for a pell grant
    Not a lawyer, but NIL is not official until it's been organized through the conglomerate or 501c. So, how can it been shown has part of the household income from last year when it doesn't officially exist until it's set up?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Not a lawyer, but NIL is not official until it's been organized through the conglomerate or 501c. So, how can it been shown has part of the household income from last year when it doesn't officially exist until it's set up?
    True but havent folks been getting nil for 2 to 3 years by now?

Also on that note, then how were the donations tax deductable immediately?

I dont think being a lawyer gives any leg up on understanding NIL, as no laws were passed implementing it

NIL is anything goes. Coaches can't contact players until in portal BUT an unlimited # of "3rd parties" canso indirect contact to recruit other teams players is 100% OK

Basically everything Will Wade was trying to do at LSU in buying players is now fully endorsed by NCAABusiness As Usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    NIL is anything goes. Coaches can't contact players until in portal BUT an unlimited # of "3rd parties" canso indirect contact to recruit other teams players is 100% OK

Basically everything Will Wade was trying to do at LSU in buying players is now fully endorsed by NCAABusiness As Usual.
    Little Willy was just ahead of his time.

It may end in 7 days for now. More like take a break. Last year we lost Trey Amos after spring ball for 250K reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    It may end in 7 days for now. More like take a break. Last year we lost Trey Amos after spring ball for 250K reasons.
    Teams look at spring ball to figure out shortcomings. They then go portal shopping to address their needs.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Do we have any players left that would be 100% locks to start at an SEC or Big 10? IMO we have roster of solid Sun Belt players. The cherry picking already happened .I don't see ZC anywhere near ready to play vs SEC defenses. After teams had a little film on ZC it wasnt pretty. GA State and stAte defenses shut him downthese were mediocre Sun Belt defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Teams look at spring ball to figure out shortcomings. They then go portal shopping to address their needs.
    I'd word it differently.P5 identifies G5 players they want. Use 3rd parties to negotiate NIL with G5 players.once an agreement is in place the G5 player enters portal. At this point P5 coaches call G5 player to welcome them to the team.

Do we have any players left that would be 100% locks to start at an SEC or Big 10? IMO we have roster of solid Sun Belt players. The cherry picking already happened .I don't see ZC anywhere near ready to play vs SEC defenses. After teams had a little film on ZC it wasnt pretty. GA State and stAte defenses shut him downthese were mediocre Sun Belt defenses.
    I wonder if mediocre play calling had anything to do with that.

The ncaa seems to do worse in investigation where there is actual hard evidence and proof
    Probably because Merrick Garland is also in charge of the NCAA investigation department.

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    I wonder if mediocre play calling had anything to do with that.
    If the talent level was SEC starter ready.Play calling wouldn't matter one iota

If the talent level was SEC starter ready.Play calling wouldn't matter one iota
    Maybe it’s hard to call plays for a QB who never could grasp the playbook.

True but havent folks been getting nil for 2 to 3 years by now?
    I'm not debating whether or not players have been receiving NIL for the last 2 or 3 years. What I'm trying to say is I don't believe players are receiving NIL money here at UL as soon as they hit campus and enroll. It doesn't raise questions as to their eligibility for Pell Grants. Pell Grants are simply a tool to use for athletes to enroll prior to signing a scholarship because the early signing period as closed.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information