Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal is temporarily closed.

Default Re: Transfer Portal closes in 1 day

People deserve second chances when they have shown themselves worthy. Robe taught us this. If CMD feels the same way, I will back him 100%.

WWRD

Default Re: Transfer Portal closes in 5 days

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    From what I understand, once someone enters the portal they're gone. I would hope he wouldn't make any exceptions.
    I think we should always be willing to take them back as a general rule. This is all just part of the off-season business now. Does no good to burn bridges.

Default Re: Transfer Portal closes in 2 days

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Isn't UCF the team the ZC is supposedly talking to?
    Was one of them. As I stated, now that Ward has declared for the draft this should start the dominoes falling. Zeon is not getting paid anything near what Jefferson is getting in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    I'd like to know the whole story before giving an opinion because some _____es be crazy, yo.
    Crazy Hot Matrix:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbpGkrViOcE

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    That was funny!

Not sure what time the portal closes. A little.more activity today across FBS in new portal.entriesnothing huge so far.

Three 4 star QBs entered. 5 star OT from.Neville/TSAB is the highest to enter today. Billy had another todaynow at 20.

UL still at 4 in/4 out.

Fwiw.Next portal window is May 1-15

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Was one of them. As I stated, now that Ward has declared for the draft this should start the dominoes falling. Zeon is not getting paid anything near what Jefferson is getting in my opinion.
    The fact that he hasn't signed makes me wonder if the offer(s) he thought he had entering the portal have dried up or have come down in value significantly?

As far as taking back anyone who has entered the portal, there needs to be some wiggle room there. In listening to Des speak, they have conversations with all the players, and some players are more transparent than others.

So, if a player has been transparent with the staff and handled the situation in a very forthright way, I would be more willing to take that player back.

Now, how a coach defines transparent and forthright is where the 'devil in the details' lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    The fact that he hasn't signed makes me wonder if the offer(s) he thought he had entering the portal have dried up or have come down in value significantly?

As far as taking back anyone who has entered the portal, there needs to be some wiggle room there. In listening to Des speak, they have conversations with all the players, and some players are more transparent than others.

So, if a player has been transparent with the staff and handled the situation in a very forthright way, I would be more willing to take that player back.

Now, how a coach defines transparent and forthright is where the 'devil in the details' lie.
    If he is being advised by the slime ball that was reported, he shouldn't trust him in any manner.

If he is being advised by the slime ball that was reported, he shouldn't trust him in any manner.
    Agreed, but that ship has already sailed because he trusted him enough to enter the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Not sure what time the portal closes. A little.more activity today across FBS in new portal.entriesnothing huge so far.

Three 4 star QBs entered. 5 star OT from.Neville/TSAB is the highest to enter today. Billy had another todaynow at 20.

UL still at 4 in/4 out.

Fwiw.Next portal window is May 1-15
    The Portal closes at midnight.

The Portal closes at midnight.
    From 247sports .

It’s a common misconception that just because the portal closes at the end of day Tuesday that players won’t continue to pop up in the portal. That’s not the case. Undergraduate players will still appear in the portal in the hours and even days after the portal window’s closure. The 12 a.m. deadline on Tuesday evening into Wednesday morning isn’t for players to appear in the portal, it’s for them to submit their name to compliance declaring their intention to do so. If a player turns in their paperwork in at 11:59 p.m., they’ve still met that deadline.

Once a player submits their paperwork, it can often take compliance up to 48 hours to process the entry. That means undergraduates who submitted their names on Jan. 2 will often pop up in the portal on the third, fourth or even fifth.

From 247sports .

It’s a common misconception that just because the portal closes at the end of day Tuesday that players won’t continue to pop up in the portal. That’s not the case. Undergraduate players will still appear in the portal in the hours and even days after the portal window’s closure. The 12 a.m. deadline on Tuesday evening into Wednesday morning isn’t for players to appear in the portal, it’s for them to submit their name to compliance declaring their intention to do so. If a player turns in their paperwork in at 11:59 p.m., they’ve still met that deadline.

Once a player submits their paperwork, it can often take compliance up to 48 hours to process the entry. That means undergraduates who submitted their names on Jan. 2 will often pop up in the portal on the third, fourth or even fifth.
    And another exception from 247sports .

There’s far from a hard-and-fast portal deadline this time around because players from at 12 FBS teams will get at least an extra day to enter the portal. When the NCAA shorted the winter transfer portal window from 45 to 30 days, it did so with an exemption that players who compete in the postseason would be granted an “additional five-day transfer window following the contest.”

Three examples here:

Auburn and Maryland played in the Music City Bowl on Dec. 30. With that five-day extension, undergraduates from those programs have through Jan. 4 to submit their name into the portal.
    All of the players who participated in Jan. 1 bowl games, including those on playoff teams, will have an additional five-day window that runs through Jan. 6. That means players from Wisconsin, LSU, Iowa, Tennessee, Alabama and Texas have extra time.
    Players for Washington and Michigan, the two national championship participants, will have through Jan. 13 to submit their names for entry into the transfer portal.

From 247sports .

"Undergraduate players will still appear in the portal in the hours and even days after the portal window’s closure."

I think this is well understood at this point and shouldn't have to be clarified now. In fact I have stated this exact thing earlier in the thread, athletes that are graduates can leave at any time.

14. Default Re: Transfer Portal closes in 2 days

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    If it were one of my two daughters, I can guarantee that he would not be coming back. If he hit my older one, I would kill him; if he hit the younger one, she would kill him.
    When we personalize the domestic abuse issue it’s clearly not a forgivable problem. Can’t return seems only fair.

Still what do we do with such people? Perpetual punishment seems like it’s not sustainable, yet the anger compulsive behavior seems unlikely to stop.

"Undergraduate players will still appear in the portal in the hours and even days after the portal window’s closure."

I think this is well understood at this point and shouldn't have to be clarified now. In fact I have stated this exact thing earlier in the thread, athletes that are graduates can leave at any time.
    Enter the portal at anytime for grad, but i assume couldnt actually leave in the middle of a semester? Or more importantly cant start new school mid semester, or can they now?

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . LastLast

Thread Information