Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread: Pitch Two for Albineaux in the Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    I beg to differ on the acceptance based on social media comments. The vast majority are against the idea.
    ____ off

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    ____ off
    Your opinion doesn’t override facts. I’d be more than happy to post the KLDY link to support my comment. Let me know.

Way to stay classy.
    Your response is typical and not unexpected.

3. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

I beg to differ on the acceptance based on social media comments. The vast majority are against the idea.
    I’m not here to debate anyone’s opinion on Albineaux. However, I do want to bust the thought that the character isn’t popular, and widely supported, on social media and offline. If you look at the pictures I posted on this very thread, I show just how many people are fans of Albineaux.

Let’s talk about the first article from KLFY that some people are referring to. The article gave some brief info about the character, and primarily just showed the image with flow and context. Those articles frame information to the audience in a way that ask “what do you think?” On Facebook news articles, people’s reaction are more valuable than the full context of the information given, thus creating outrage, thus creating revenue. That’s why some of us are saying you have to take that with a grain of salt. HOWEVER, that did not stop me from reading a lot of those comments, and using their reaction as valuable information. It was from there that Phase 2 was born. I said I needed to craft a presentation to help more people see what I can see. Albineaux needed to be more than just one image. He needed to show everything about him.

And here we are. People are starting to believe, and wish, and dream as much as I do about finally having a mascot.

4. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Yeah, I’ll take exception with that

I’ve been asking Corey questions directly on the Facebook posts for a couple of months, none of which he replied to.

The only reply I got on one of the Facebook threads about the topic was from the guys at ragin review who said this was really just to a start of conversation.
    If you have any questions, feel free to ask them to me now. I’d be happy to answer them!

Quote Originally Posted by CouillonCinema View Post
    I’m not here to debate anyone’s opinion on Albineaux. However, I do want to bust the thought that the character isn’t popular, and widely supported, on social media and offline. If you look at the pictures I posted on this very thread, I show just how many people are fans of Albineaux.

Let’s talk about the first article from KLFY that some people are referring to. The article gave some brief info about the character, and primarily just showed the image with flow and context. Those articles frame information to the audience in a way that ask “what do you think?” On Facebook news articles, people’s reaction are more valuable than the full context of the information given, thus creating outrage, thus creating revenue. That’s why some of us are saying you have to take that with a grain of salt. HOWEVER, that did not stop me from reading a lot of those comments, and using their reaction as valuable information. It was from there that Phase 2 was born. I said I needed to craft a presentation to help more people see what I can see. Albineaux needed to be more than just one image. He needed to show everything about him.

And here we are. People are starting to believe, and wish, and dream as much as I do about finally having a mascot.
    The current KLFY FB post has 38 comments. 2 comments are positive. That’s 5.26 percent.
    The problems seem to be:
    1. Alligator. Most comments point to that a bulldog would be preferred.
    2. Albino alligator. Nobody can figure out why an albino alligator is your choice, being that an albino alligator, based on my own research, has ever been captured in Louisiana, much less Lafayette.
    While everyone can appreciate the thoughts and work you have put into your project, the only thing that really matters is approval from the university, which sees to be zero.

Good luck.

6. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Ragin Cajun's is our brand and it's unique. People can complain all they want about the older crowd and all this other vitriol, but it reflects the history of this area and a majority of our heritage.

Corey has worked hard, so I don't attack his efforts, but his concept is borrowed when it comes to a GATOR, and it doesn't matter if it's albino. It would be wise for some people to check out copyright infringement laws, it doesn't have to be identical to bring lawsuits.
    There’s not a single thing borrowed about it. Every detail has a link and back story. It’s the reason why I bought in.

7. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Lol. The “vast” majority are not against it. Totally made up.

8. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Ignore that idiot man. Not worth taking seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Lol. The “vast” majority are not against it. Totally made up.
    Please. By all means, post BOTH KLFY Facebook post links and let everyone here read the approximate 750 comments. I’ll wait.

Your opinion doesn’t override facts. I’d be more than happy to post the KLDY link to support my comment. Let me know.

Way to stay classy.
    Your response is typical and not unexpected.
    If Facebook comments are now referenced as “facts”, our society has reached a whole new level

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    If Facebook comments are now referenced as “facts”, our society has reached a whole new level
    Denial isn’t a river in Egypt.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them to me now. I’d be happy to answer them!
    Thanks for responding

Here goes

1. Do you agree with Ragin Review that this is simply a conversation starter?

2. If so, are you willing to entertain any other concept(s)?

3. Do you have this concept trademarked or copyrighted?

4. If so, would you donate the copyright/trademark/ to the university?

5. If you haven’t pursued a copyright or trademark, why haven’t you done so?

6. It seems the name has gone from simply “ Al(Bineaux)“ to ’Al “Albineaux” Boudreaux’.

Why is that?

7. Are you aware of any other trademarks, or copyrights on albino alligators in the United States?

13. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Speaking of similar trademarks or logos McNeese was taken to court and loss their case. Those two logos were too similar, but an albino alligator with red eyes is nothing like the gator for Florida. Additionally UNO uses a gator to represent their privateer that has no resemblance to Albineaux. This as far as I know is a unique concept.

14. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Thanks for responding

Here goes

1. Do you agree with Ragin Review that this is simply a conversation starter?

2. If so, are you willing to entertain any other concept(s)?

3. Do you have this concept trademarked or copyrighted?

4. If so, would you donate the copyright/trademark/ to the university?

5. If you haven’t pursued a copyright or trademark, why haven’t you done so?

6. It seems the name has gone from simply “ Al(Bineaux)“ to ’Al “Albineaux” Boudreaux’.

Why is that?

7. Are you aware of any other trademarks, or copyrights on albino alligators in the United States?
    1. I wouldn’t be doing this if I didn’t think Albineaux would be the best mascot for the University of Louisiana. To me, this is more than a simple conversation starter. People talking about any mascot is a positive by-product of the campaign. But this was never about generating buzz. It’s about finding a permanent solution. I’m pitching Al as that solution.

2. If somebody brought something to the table I thought was better for our community than Al, I would fully support them. But in order for me to be convinced, I would need to see as much/more research and future proofing with the character than I have put with Albineaux.

3. I do not have anything trademarked. I’m not doing any of this for money, so I’m not focusing on it. If things become official, I would probably have to trademark it and then release it to public domain. Similar to how the Acadiana flag works.

Hope that answers 3-5.

6. His name is Albineaux. You can call him Al for short. It’s just a shorthand nickname.

7. The only trademark I am aware of is Claude out in California.

Not gonna claim to be anything close to be knowledgeable on copywriting, but if someone were to have the copyrights to, say, a “Claude, the albino alligator“, does that window close a bit?
    I don’t think as of now, AI generated ‘art’ can be copyrighted

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread Information