Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: Pitch Two for Albineaux in the Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

That is some impressive work. Pro stuff. Well done and thank you for investing so much into this.

You need a meeting with administrators!! They need to listen sit down for a cup coffee

3. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

I really appreciate all the compliments and support from all of you!

I really hope the fruits of my labor produce something that we can all be proud of one day. Heck. I hope today gave some hope back to some of the fans that felt distraught from this week.

Losing the bowl game.
    Losing to McNeese.
    Losing Zeon.

It’s been tough. Hopefully today feels like a W. Seeing all the positive reactions to the presentation has definitely put it as a win in my book.

Good Luck, I hope it works out for you. My grandkids would love this!

This has to be our mascot. It just makes sense.

Outstanding graphics and layout.visually compelling and attention getting.copy needs work, but overall a very good presentation.one suggestion, stay away from the mostly ______es on the Face Book UL Football fans page.those people are idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by CouillonCinema View Post
    Love it! Great job, would love to see this through.

Leslie Saloom: "ew."

(You did a great job)

9. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Love it, hate it or indifferent, Cory needs to be acknowledged by his university and his effort needs to be supported by the few diehards we have left.

Freaking outstanding work, mate.

Don’t hold your breath.

Awesome work Cory.

11. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

To the fans that support Albineaux, if there is anyway you can get this presentation in front of Dr. Savoie or Dr. Maggard, I would greatly appreciate it. I do not care about being recognized for any of the of work I put into developing this character. What I only care about is the fans and the students of my alma mater.

There's been so many discussion and anguish with things are not and never will be in our control. We can't control if an athlete is going to get a bigger NIL deal. We hardly have a say who’s on the sideline of our sports teams. But a mascot is something we can have a say on. We need a character that is never going to enter the transfer portal or move on to a more lucrative job. We need a spirit leader that is organic and consistent, and that is where our university as failed.

I'm afraid if we allow the administration to put out another nonorganic mascot, we are going to end up in the exact same place as soon as it doesn't serve a new administration's agenda. Cayenne died because no one cared enough to keep Cayenne when the budget got tough and a new AD took charge. The marketing guy that imaged him had no investment in the community. With a new character, what happens when Maggard is gone? What happens when T-Joe retires? We might get left with something that we will have to ask if it was ever really ours' in the first place. That terrifies me.

That is why, despite me being in graduate school and having a ton of work to do at all times, and having two jobs, a relationship, and an entire in film post production, I made time to create this presentation. But I am only one piece of this bigger puzzle. That is why I do not care for recognition. I am still so so small in their eyes. That is why I am begging for anyone who is as passionate about the future of UL as I am to help in this effort; to make the character yours; and to set a foundation for Cajuns fans BY Cajuns fans.

Quote Originally Posted by CouillonCinema View Post
    To the fans that support Albineaux, if there is anyway you can get this presentation in front of Dr. Savoie or Dr. Maggard, I would greatly appreciate it. I do not care about being recognized for any of the of work I put into developing this character. What I only care about is the fans and the students of my alma mater.

There's been so many discussion and anguish with things are not and never will be in our control. We can't control if an athlete is going to get a bigger NIL deal. We hardly have a say who’s on the sideline of our sports teams. But a mascot is something we can have a say on. We need a character that is never going to enter the transfer portal or move on to a more lucrative job. We need a spirit leader that is organic and consistent, and that is where our university as failed.

I'm afraid if we allow the administration to put out another nonorganic mascot, we are going to end up in the exact same place as soon as it doesn't serve a new administration's agenda. Cayenne died because no one cared enough to keep Cayenne when the budget got tough and a new AD took charge. The marketing guy that imaged him had no investment in the community. With a new character, what happens when Maggard is gone? What happens when T-Joe retires? We might get left with something that we will have to ask if it was ever really ours' in the first place. That terrifies me.

That is why, despite me being in graduate school and having a ton of work to do at all times, and having two jobs, a relationship, and an entire in film post production, I made time to create this presentation. But I am only one piece of this bigger puzzle. That is why I do not care for recognition. I am still so so small in their eyes. That is why I am begging for anyone who is as passionate about the future of UL as I am to help in this effort; to make the character yours; and to set a foundation for Cajuns fans BY Cajuns fans.
    They know about Al.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    They know about Al.
    It wasn’t their idea so they won’t use it.

Cory, unless you've got some sort of registration, copy right etc. Anyone can poach your work, you need to protect the NIL (no pun intended) of Al and your work.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Cory, unless you've got some sort of registration, copy right etc. Anyone can poach your work, you need to protect the NIL (no pun intended) of Al and your work.
    Copyright is why we almost never use the script Cajuns

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information