Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 . LastLast

Thread: Pitch Two for Albineaux in the Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Fugg em. Fugg em all.

Keep going, Cory. Make them pay attention.
    You know they are paying attention. But, there are some people who would turn a pallet of gold bricks away because it wasn’t their idea.

My dude has done 90% of the legwork, 90% of the fan base is on board and these people still hate the idea. Never mind the fact that we have actual alligators in the center of campus. The field is called The Swamp, ! They can F up a wet dream.

Makes you wonder how we continue to remain Cajun fans.

It's not easy

3. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    You know they are paying attention. But, there are some people who would turn a pallet of gold bricks away because it wasn’t their idea.

My dude has done 90% of the legwork, 90% of the fan base is on board and these people still hate the idea. Never mind the fact that we have actual alligators in the center of campus. The field is called The Swamp, ! They can F up a wet dream.

I was told that in the early 80’s. It hasn’t changed much.

Sometimes it's better for the tail to wag the dogside note, I'm not crazy about the name Albineaux.however,have you set up any social media accounts as Albineaux, RAGIN Cajun Mascot (in waiting)? # him all over social media, saturate any and all social media sites with all UL organizations, sga, frats, sorority, academic departments, Sun Belt football sites, opposition social media pages, not as Cory, but as Alwould even post on UL Alumnie sites.but would stay away from the dolts on the UL Fans Football Facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Sometimes it's better for the tail to wag the dogside note, I'm not crazy about the name Albineaux.however,have you set up any social media accounts as Albineaux, RAGIN Cajun Mascot (in waiting)? # him all over social media, saturate any and all social media sites with all UL organizations, sga, frats, sorority, academic departments, Sun Belt football sites, opposition social media pages, not as Cory, but as Alwould even post on UL Alumnie sites.but would stay away from the dolts on the UL Fans Football Facebook page.
    Ragin Cajun's is our brand and it's unique. People can complain all they want about the older crowd and all this other vitriol, but it reflects the history of this area and a majority of our heritage.

Corey has worked hard, so I don't attack his efforts, but his concept is borrowed when it comes to a GATOR, and it doesn't matter if it's albino. It would be wise for some people to check out copyright infringement laws, it doesn't have to be identical to bring lawsuits.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Ragin Cajun's is our brand and it's unique. People can complain all they want about the older crowd and all this other vitriol, but it reflects the history of this area and a majority of our heritage.

Corey has worked hard, so I don't attack his efforts, but his concept is borrowed when it comes to a GATOR, and it doesn't matter if it's albino. It would be wise for some people to check out copyright infringement laws, it doesn't have to be identical to bring lawsuits.
    This has to stop not everything has to be unique how about it would just work how many tiger mascots or eagle mascots do they have, but we are going to throw out the entire thing because of one school that has a gator with a mascot. It is unique it’s a white gator that has a name Albineaux.

Blows my mind because nothing will ever get done .

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    This has to stop not everything has to be unique how about it would just work how many tiger mascots or eagle mascots do they have, but we are going to throw out the entire thing because of one school that has a gator with a mascot. It is unique it’s a white gator that has a name Albineaux.
    What has to stop, dissent? People are welcome to their opinions, but because my opinion and others are in conflict with yours it has to stop? Nonsense, that's not the way it works buddy. Your opinion and those that share it are not entitled to be the only ones that should be heard from. The vitriol needs to stop. Someone has an opinion and work, once he made it a public campaign be prepared to have people with different views comment.

What has to stop, dissent? People are welcome to their opinions, but because my opinion and others are in conflict with yours it has to stop? Nonsense, that's not the way it works buddy. Your opinion and those that share it are not entitled to be the only ones that should be heard from. The vitriol needs to stop. Someone has an opinion and work, once he made it a public campaign be prepared to have people with different views comment.
    I respect your opinions. My point only being is that they are Mountaineers , Tigers, Eagles, Wildcats or any number of mascots that are the same. If one school has a gator as a mascot it is not a big deal.

9. Louisiana Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Fair enough but the official campus mascot can never be considered borrowed.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post

I beg to differ on the acceptance based on social media comments. The vast majority are against the idea.

11. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

The nice thing about the alligator is that there is nothing to object to.

If there were, the campus swamp with its official posted mascot would have been cemented over three/fourths of a century ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The nice thing about the alligator is that there is nothing to object to.

If there were, the campus swamp with its official posted mascot would have been cemented over three/fourths of a century ago.
    Not gonna claim to be anything close to be knowledgeable on copywriting, but if someone were to have the copyrights to, say, a “Claude, the albino alligator“, does that window close a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    I beg to differ on the acceptance based on social media comments. The vast majority are against the idea.
    Yeah, I looked over the channel 10 Facebook thread on the article, and there were about 6 to 700 comments.

I read about 200 of them and there may have been one or two in favor of the idea. Literally.

And before you condemn it as “well that’s just channel 10’s crazy Facebook comment page”, Cory did offer the channel 10 news up as evidence of the popularity of his idea.

And I wouldn’t be so quick to condemn the “dolts“ on the Ragin Cajun football Facebook page, I’ll remind everybody that we have a thread currently running regarding how to increase attendance at games.

Calling people dolts for simply disagreeing with you about which stuffed animal should be on the shelves at the Ragin Cajun store seems to be counterproductive to me.

14. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Forgive them, its brand new for the Ch-10/FB crowd.

They havent had time to give it an ounce of thought.

Don't pounce if they haven't given it an ounce.

Its right under their nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Forgive them, its brand new for the Ch-10/FB crowd.

They havent had time to give it an ounce of thought.

Don't pounce if they haven't given it an ounce.

Its right under their nose.
    Yeah, I’ll take exception with that

I’ve been asking Corey questions directly on the Facebook posts for a couple of months, none of which he replied to.

The only reply I got on one of the Facebook threads about the topic was from the guys at ragin review who said this was really just to a start of conversation.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 . LastLast

Thread Information