Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18

Thread: Pitch Two for Albineaux in the Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Default Re: The Second Pitch for Albineaux in the Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by CouillonCinema View Post
    Here’s the reverse of one of the images from yesterday. A fan suggested it and I really like the outcome.
    This is awesome

Default Re: The Second Pitch for Albineaux in the Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Here’s the reverse of one of the images from yesterday. A fan suggested it and I really like the outcome.
    Yeah those are nice!!! Great Job

3. Default Re: The Second Pitch for Albineaux in the Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I'm liking the images more and more. I'm not crazy about the name, when shortened it's just Al. Not really desirable I think. If it became official, I could go with it.
    This could be coincidental, and maybe it's not, considering the recent news on softball, but maybe something like "Ally the albineaux gator", in short "Ally". This sounds better to me. It's way more catchy and kid friendly, they like names that end with a "y". Just throwing that out there. I don't think the real Alyson would mind.
    After adoption, I encourage a name changing survey. But right now his name needs to be Albineaux to emphasize he’s not just a white gator. I sometimes call him “Tee Al” in short hand. I think that’s a fun way to fall back to the Cajun language.

4. Default Re: The Second Pitch for Albineaux in the Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I have this thing with logos and car siloutes and animals icons, that they should all point to the left and not to the right.

If you read Hebrew or Japanese, different story.
    I actually general prefer Albineaux to face west considering the Florida logo faces east and LSU is east of the basin. But I was curious to see if these designs would convince me otherwise. They didn’t lol.

5. Default Re: The Second Pitch for Albineaux in the Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Yeah those are nice!!! Great Job
    Thanks guys! Designs like these would fly off the shelves with younger demographics. I particularly like this design because it feels classic. I’ve been trying to create an image of Albineaux that embodies the two most iconic USL bulldog images. The fluer de lis in his eye is my homage to the image below.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

After adoption, I encourage a name changing survey. But right now his name needs to be Albineaux to emphasize he’s not just a white gator. I sometimes call him “Tee Al” in short hand. I think that’s a fun way to fall back to the Cajun language.
    Sounds like a good plan. Thanks.

7. Default Re: The Second Pitch for Albineaux in the Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

I actually general prefer Albineaux to face west considering the Florida logo faces east and LSU is east of the basin. But I was curious to see if these designs would convince me otherwise. They didn’t lol.
    My reasoning is

When we read we scan from left to right effectively making what we read slide from right to left (think scrolling ticker)

A car or an animal that is facing right is visually moving backwards, especially if there are words under scoring the icon.

8. Default Re: The Second Pitch for Albineaux in the Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

That fan is a smart guy. LOL

Has the university approved any of these ideas?

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18

Thread Information