Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Pitch Two for Albineaux in the Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

1. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Took this picture earlier in the week and it reminded me of how cool Albineaux would be (and Juliette approves as well)
    That's beautiful! That really warms my heart. Thank you so much for sharing this moment with us! It brings a massive smile to my face to imagine the day Juliette will be able to take a picture with the real Albineaux.

There's a lot of special moments waiting for our fanbase the day we get our guy.

Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    That is awesome. I fear, however, that the UL administration could care less about this or about doing anything to turn UL fan support and game attendance around. We are stuck in a mid-level G5 rut that they are content with. So many great suggestions come from this board and are seemingly ignored. I wish Maggard would consider putting together an Advisory Committee to address all fan related issues.
    Great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by CouillonCinema View Post
    That's beautiful! That really warms my heart. Thank you so much for sharing this moment with us! It brings a massive smile to my face to imagine the day Juliette will be able to take a picture with the real Albineaux.

There's a lot of special moments waiting for our fanbase the day we get our guy.
    We’ve got some time. She’ll be in the class of…let’s see…2042. Ohhh boy.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Took this picture earlier in the week and it reminded me of how cool Albineaux would be (and Juliette approves as well)
    Wish we could get an albino gator for the Swamp if we were to go with this mascot.

5. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

everything is an option at a price

6. Default Re: The Second Pitch for Albineaux in the Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Albineaux is natural fit to our brand. In order for us to thrive in today’s college athletics we need to increase our brand potential. That’s it’s imperative we get a spirit leader. It’s not just about the sidelines and in game entertainment, it’s about maximizing avenues for our fanbase to show their pride, and increasing the iconography of our institution’s marketing potential.

Attached Images Attached Images      

7. Default Re: The Second Pitch for Albineaux in the Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

awesome

Default Re: The Second Pitch for Albineaux in the Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    awesome
    I agree. There needs to be a committee at UL to sort out all of these great ideas to Make Louisiana Great Again and adopt the ones that are the most effective. It can't continue to be business as usual because that model hasn't worked.

Default Re: The Second Pitch for Albineaux in the Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

I'm liking the images more and more. I'm not crazy about the name, when shortened it's just Al. Not really desirable I think. If it became official, I could go with it.
    This could be coincidental, and maybe it's not, considering the recent news on softball, but maybe something like "Ally the albineaux gator", in short "Ally". This sounds better to me. It's way more catchy and kid friendly, they like names that end with a "y". Just throwing that out there. I don't think the real Alyson would mind.

Quote Originally Posted by CouillonCinema View Post
    Albineaux is natural fit to our brand. In order for us to thrive in today’s college athletics we need to increase our brand potential. That’s it’s imperative we get a spirit leader. It’s not just about the sidelines and in game entertainment, it’s about maximizing avenues for our fanbase to show their pride, and increasing the iconography of our institution’s marketing potential.
    I feel like Al is used to much specially with Florida with their mascot being named Alphonse, or Big Al for Alabama. So here are some others?

Spike
    Brutus
    Rex
    Titan
    Jaws
    Snapper
    Goliath
    Swampy
    Delta
    Cypress
    Casper
    Marshmallow
    Moonbeam
    Ivory
    Opal
    Nimbus
    Louie
    Louis

I like Swampy, Delta, and Cypress

11. Default Re: The Second Pitch for Albineaux in the Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

I have this thing with logos and car siloutes and animals icons, that they should all point to the left and not to the right.

If you read Hebrew or Japanese, different story.

12. Default Re: The Second Pitch for Albineaux in the Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    I feel like Al is used to much specially with Florida with their mascot being named Alphonse, or Big Al for Alabama. So here are some others?

Spike
    Brutus
    Rex
    Titan
    Jaws
    Snapper
    Goliath
    Swampy
    Delta
    Cypress
    Casper
    Marshmallow
    Moonbeam
    Ivory
    Opal
    Nimbus
    Louie
    Louis

I can't believe Florida uses a Frence name for their mascot Alphonse.

I thought it was Albert or Alberta

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post

Spike
    Brutus
    Rex
    Titan
    Jaws
    Snapper
    Goliath
    Swampy
    Delta
    Cypress
    Casper
    Marshmallow
    Moonbeam
    Ivory
    Opal
    Nimbus
    Louie
    Louis

How about Louis for LOUISIANA or, as I previously suggested, have 2 gators, Louis and Ana that combined really caption our name.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I can't believe Florida uses a Frence name for their mascot Alphonse.

I thought it was Albert or Alberta
    Your right Albert and Alberta. Maybe we should go with Alphonse lol. Must of been thinking of the IceGators?

15. Default Re: The Second Pitch for Albineaux in the Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Here’s the reverse of one of the images from yesterday. A fan suggested it and I really like the outcome.

Attached Images Attached Images    

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information