Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Pitch Two for Albineaux in the Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

1. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

We need a mascot and Al the alligator is by far the best concept which has been presented thus far.

We need a mark which identifies us as Louisiana, one that screams Louisiana when you look at it and the incorporation of the FDL with the outline of the State of Louisiana does that best.

Who cares who else may use the outline of the state, including LaTech and LSU. Their use has nothing to do with the marketing and branding which should now be developed for the University of Louisiana. Adopt a mark and make it run along with Ragin Cajuns.

We really need to get off the pot and make all this happen, now, as the new stadium renovations are being built.

What a bang all of this would make.

Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    We need a mascot and Al the alligator is by far the best concept which has been presented thus far.

We need a mark which identifies us as Louisiana, one that screams Louisiana when you look at it and the incorporation of the FDL with the outline of the State of Louisiana does that best.

Who cares who else may use the outline of the state, including LaTech and LSU. Their use has nothing to do with the marketing and branding which should now be developed for the University of Louisiana. Adopt a mark and make it run along with Ragin Cajuns.

We really need to get off the pot and make all this happen, now, as the new stadium renovations are being built.

What a bang all of this would make.
    If I wanted to look like a big time or branding this University

Mascot Logo/ Mascot
    Name:  IMG_6698.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  105.5 KB

Name:  IMG_6702.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  98.9 KB

School Logo
    Name:  IMG_5896.jpeg
Views: 164
Size:  63.6 KB

or

Name:  IMG_5819.png
Views: 165
Size:  67.5 KB

Nickname logo

Name:  IMG_6453.png
Size:  42.3 KB

or

Name:  IMG_6595.jpeg
Views: 166
Size:  55.2 KB

Name:  IMG_6675.jpeg
Size:  86.1 KB

Name of School

Name:  IMG_6347.jpeg
Views: 174
Size:  318.8 KB

Name:  IMG_6342.jpeg
Size:  84.7 KB

3. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

One trademark that incorporates every design aspect frees up individual usage and the money gates.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    One trademark that incorporates every design aspect frees up individual usage and the money gates.
    Everyone of these logos fits with every other logo. All need to be trademark by the University.

Sorry wasn’t trying to derail the thread.

Name:  IMG_6756.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  108.6 KB

Name:  98F1B509-FA36-4E1E-A1D6-1B0FD3447DFF.jpeg
Views: 156
Size:  129.0 KB

Name:  FA5CED21-5EC6-42B6-9620-0118B60D7214.jpeg
Views: 158
Size:  101.1 KB

Name:  5E7EF2FB-0654-41F0-8724-AA538E404102.jpeg
Views: 169
Size:  28.6 KB

Name:  CA82905B-442A-4348-965B-4020D636D0C6.jpeg
Views: 152
Size:  73.5 KB

Name:  AFD59E85-5E01-46D6-919E-E1B9D1DF56F5.jpeg
Views: 151
Size:  83.4 KB

5. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

I’m with Couillon and 9221. Get’er done.

6. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Glad to see so many of y’all creating your own products and designs with Albineaux included! My dream is to get other people to dream about what could be possible at UL!

Something I thought of today was just how more cost efficient, and safer, it will be to have a white mascot suit. Our mascot will be expected to spend many hours out in the sun entertaining fans. If the character is a darker color, it will surely fade over time. I even think Cayenne’s arms started to turn pink towards the end of his tenure. Having a suit that is a color that reflects the sun more than absorbs it will yield longer suit longevity, and aid in the prevention of overheating for the student inside the suit.

Just another added benefit for our guy Al.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    If I wanted to look like a big time or branding this University

Mascot Logo/ Mascot
    Name:  IMG_6698.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  105.5 KB

Name:  IMG_6702.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  98.9 KB

School Logo
    Name:  IMG_5896.jpeg
Size:  63.6 KB

or

Name:  IMG_5819.png
Size:  67.5 KB

Nickname logo

Name:  IMG_6453.png
Size:  42.3 KB

or

Name:  IMG_6595.jpeg
Size:  55.2 KB

Name:  IMG_6675.jpeg
Size:  86.1 KB

Name of School

Name:  IMG_6347.jpeg
Views: 174
Size:  318.8 KB

Name:  IMG_6342.jpeg
Size:  84.7 KB
    This is a great look. Might I suggest putting Louisiana on top, script Ragin Cajuns on the bottom and using an "L" instead of UL? Will need to select the right font for the "L" as that will be used elsewhere as well, i.e. baseball caps, uniforms and all types of gear. That incorporates all 3 signifiers of the university, Louisiana, Ragin Cajuns and FDL. Time to retire the old Ragin Cajuns logo with a script logo. I like the FDL in the state outline, but that by itself doesn't yet say to the world who we are, although a good start to branding.

8. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Louisiana is an "L" don't need a second one.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    This is a great look. Might I suggest putting Louisiana on top, script Ragin Cajuns on the bottom and using an "L" instead of UL? Will need to select the right font for the "L" as that will be used elsewhere as well, i.e. baseball caps, uniforms and all types of gear. That incorporates all 3 signifiers of the university, Louisiana, Ragin Cajuns and FDL. Time to retire the old Ragin Cajuns logo with a script logo. I like the FDL in the state outline, but that by itself doesn't yet say to the world who we are, although a good start to branding.
    Well the state with the FDL would be used instead of the L since the state is a natural L, and would replace UL, since we cannot use that term.These would solidify our identity. No more branding these would be the brand .

Same with the mascot. This would be it. Unless someone came up with something better.

Quote Originally Posted by CouillonCinema View Post
    Glad to see so many of y’all creating your own products and designs with Albineaux included! My dream is to get other people to dream about what could be possible at UL!

Something I thought of today was just how more cost efficient, and safer, it will be to have a white mascot suit. Our mascot will be expected to spend many hours out in the sun entertaining fans. If the character is a darker color, it will surely fade over time. I even think Cayenne’s arms started to turn pink towards the end of his tenure. Having a suit that is a color that reflects the sun more than absorbs it will yield longer suit longevity, and aid in the prevention of overheating for the student inside the suit.

Just another added benefit for our guy Al.
    I want that dream to be the second best University in the state.

We should be the OSU, MSU, Auburn, Texas A&M of this great state . This has always been my dream for this University.

Why I hate they cut seating down at Cajun Field.

If we are going to be that we need to get the branding and mascot etc something that fits a big time University!!

We should at least act the part.

What is a Brand?
    A brand is the emotional and experiential qualities that fuel perception and ideas that others share and experience about a company. It is a consistent tone or visual voice that represents its competitive advantages and the company’s position within the market.

What is a Logo?
    A logo is a visual mark showcasing the character and essence of the brand. A memorable logo is an essential component of a powerful brand and serves as a visual shortcut to the company within a competitive market.

he brand is the foundation of a company and the logo is the visual shortcut to the trademark of the brand. A logo identity system and a strong branding system are both crucial when marketing and promoting a consistent image and voice, but a brand speaks for itself. The opinions people have about a business and its product largely affects the business’ success at the end of the day. We’ve seen evidence of this throughout social media. Brands are often boycotted for their political stance, brand image, and reputation.

“Your brand is what other people say about you when you're not in the room.”
    - Jeff Bezos CEO/Founder Amazon

The strength of a strong logo identity comes from its union with clear-sighted definition, uniqueness, and articulation of the larger brand voice. The logo identity can be compared to the tip of the iceberg. The iceberg itself comprises the majority of the mass, while the visual portions above the waterline represent the logo within a marketing community.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    What is a Brand?
    A brand is the emotional and experiential qualities that fuel perception and ideas that others share and experience about a company. It is a consistent tone or visual voice that represents its competitive advantages and the company’s position within the market.

What is a Logo?
    A logo is a visual mark showcasing the character and essence of the brand. A memorable logo is an essential component of a powerful brand and serves as a visual shortcut to the company within a competitive market

he brand is the foundation of a company and the logo is the visual shortcut to the trademark of the brand. A logo identity system and a strong branding system are both crucial when marketing and promoting a consistent image and voice, but a brand speaks for itself. The opinions people have about a business and its product largely affects the business’ success at the end of the day. We’ve seen evidence of this throughout social media. Brands are often boycotted for their political stance, brand image, and reputation.

“Your brand is what other people say about you when you're not in the room.”
    - Jeff Bezos CEO/Founder Amazon

The strength of a strong logo identity comes from its union with clear-sighted definition, uniqueness, and articulation of the larger brand voice. The logo identity can be compared to the tip of the iceberg. The iceberg itself comprises the majority of the mass, while the visual portions above the waterline represent the logo within a marketing community.
    Louisiana!!! That’s is the logo and Cajun culture within Louisiana.

In a competitive market we are Louisiana and that logo is the shortcut to that brand.

We are not LaTech, LSU, McNeese. Out of 130 Division I-A schools, 400 in other sports. We are Louisiana!

Why our Logo should be Louisiana. What better way to represent Louisiana then a White Alligator.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Make a good banner!

Name:  IMG_6768.jpeg
Views: 113
Size:  108.5 KB

Great Hats

Name:  IMG_6770.jpeg
Views: 110
Size:  111.2 KB

Name:  IMG_6772.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  69.0 KB

14. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

We would have it all.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    We would have it all.
    I take 120 million athletic budget ! Couple national titles in football, basketball, baseball, softball and a SEC or Big 12 invite but I am with you !

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information