Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 . LastLast

Thread: Pitch Two for Albineaux in the Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

1. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

When I see this jacket I think of Glynn Able circa 1938 the coolest guy in school.

Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

That jacket is cool. How can anyone not like it?

3. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Now just to give a better perspective. How about we bring back the pepper. Any takers?
    When I see Cayenne I think of Carrott Top, least cool guy in school. . though he did make millions off the persona.

Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    When I see this jacket I think of Glynn Able circa 1938 the coolest guy in school.
    Well if we are talking about marketing and marketing to a younger generation this is the way to geaux.

As a kid a kid likes big flashy things. Kids want something that they think is cool and will get notice.

If I was kid and I saw that in a store I would want that jacket. Who doesn’t want a jacket with a big white gator on the back that says Ragin Cajuns.

Specially if I took a picture with big Al at a sporting event and he gets into it, you would buy the jacket the hat the shoes.

Kinda like Mario my son love some Mario. He had the shirt a jacket etc.

It’s like a whole entire revenue stream that the University is missing out on, as well as building future fans.

I buy one now and I am 40.

Ragin Cajun Christmas with Big Al.

Name:  IMG_6706.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  85.9 KB

6. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

I really want to stress that I want this thread to stay civil and steer away from insults or personal attacks. Albineaux is supposed to bring fans together. I know it might be hard because we’ve been trying to move towards a mascot for a long time now, and any opposition might seem like an obstacle to progress, but we’re asking some people to do something really hard. Getting people to accept something new that is linked to their identity is hard! Accepting something new that is linked to your identity is even harder! That is why I take every negative comment with a grain of salt, and primarily, compassion.

Insults won’t serve Cajuns for Albineaux because why give a naysayer anymore reason to dislike him?

During the entirety of this campaign, I’ve seen numerous people bring up Cayenne with varying degrees of enthusiasm. I honestly think that’s great! I wish it didn’t take me creating a campaign of another character, a pretty successful one at that, for that enthusiasm to flare up. Think of where we would be if that passion for Cayenne was around in 2014 when they got rid of him. Or maybe 15? 16? 17? Is that enthusiasm a real product of love for Cayenne, or just an opposition to Albineaux?

I say all that with all due respect to people who genuinely liked Cayenne. That character was indeed very unique, and helped spread the brand of our university. I am grateful for the time he was around. When I first started UL, he was there and I still have some memories attached to him; good and bad btw haha. But for any Cayenne supporter, I want you to try and reframe your thoughts to the situation with this:

You’ve lived in Lafayette, so you know restaurants in the city open and close all the time. When they first open, they are packed. And then over time, the cracks start come through— maybe there’s bad management, maybe the quality of the food goes down— and then people start coming in less and less. The community doesn’t care enough for it anymore to make it profitable. So it has to close. The food could have still been good, and the memories made there are still valuable, but a restaurant that can’t keep enough patrons satisfied will close. That’s Cayenne to us.

Now imagine if Cayenne was the only restaurant in the whole city. And then it closed. But people in Lafayette, being Cajuns, are still sooooo hungry. And then comes somebody with a dream, and recipes, and says “I want to open a restaurant that will keep this community fed forever. The food I’m going to cook is going to be so good they’ll never need to worry about not having a restaurant again.”

That’s what Albineaux is to us. All we want is to have a new restaurant (mascot) that will be around long enough for our kids to make memories at. I hope we can save you a seat at one of the tables.

7. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

I know this guy has his eyes set on some pretty special things in 2024.

Attached Images Attached Images  

8. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by CouillonCinema View Post
    Vermilion.

9. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

The second UL official to ever lay eyes on a rendition of Cayenne predicted it would be "Penance on Earth."

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The second UL official to ever lay eyes on a rendition of Cayenne predicted it would be "Penance on Earth."
    Cayenne the flaming dildeaux can burn in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Cayenne the flaming dildeaux can burn in hell.
    LOL thats what I saw in the picture too. He was running on top of fire.

Quote Originally Posted by CouillonCinema View Post
    That is a great shot. After watching Michigan "M" and Washington "W", your earlier thought of using an "L" for Louisiana would put us in good company. Not to mention all the schools that use a
    single letter - Nebraska, Florida, Texas, Tennessee, etc. just about every "University of" uses a single letter and so should Louisiana. I see that you incorporated the "L" in your caricatures. In just about every state, the "University of" is the superior school.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    That is a great shot. After watching Michigan "M" and Washington "W", your earlier thought of using an "L" for Louisiana would put us in good company. Not to mention all the schools that use a
    single letter - Nebraska, Florida, Texas, Tennessee, etc. just about every "University of" uses a single letter and so should Louisiana. I see that you incorporated the "L" in your caricatures. In just about every state, the "University of" is the superior school.
    A school like OSU, Michigan, Tennessee, Florida, Texas A&M have a certain look. A big time look. A small school or a mid-major has a different look.

If we are going to be University of Louisiana let’s have the look.

Gator Mascot he has presented has a big time look. I think my logo on my avatar has a big time look. If it was just a L has a big time look. The FDL has a big time look.

The Ragin Cajun logo has a very small school look, and It is the main logo.

It’s time to step up and look the part!

Acting the part we can do Mascot, Logo, Gameday experiences, marketing etc.

Being the part takes money, resources, fan support, championships, big time donors being a great conferences etc.

We should at least be Looking and Acting the part, eventually I dream of being the part.

Also I was looking at Jackets that Ragin Cajun Jacket with the gator is by far the best looking one

Concept Helmet: Welcome to the Swamp !

Name:  IMG_6731.jpeg
Views: 61
Size:  361.6 KB

Name:  IMG_6729.jpeg
Views: 61
Size:  209.3 KB

15. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Vermilion eyes a blazin.

Might get a penalty for taunting.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 . LastLast

Thread Information