Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread: Pitch Two for Albineaux in the Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I bet the marketing arm of the University still hasn't recovered from the rebranding disaster at the turn of the century that gave us the hot-wheel logo, yellow and red merchandise, and Cayenne. Probably scared to introduce anything now that we're stable in our branding effort (Louisiana, Ragin' Cajuns, FDL).
    Even then they can do better just look at my avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    First: There is no golden rule on this topic.
    You bet your sweet you know what there is.

How many times have you heard this? "Ragin Cajuns is the Brand"

This university will NEVER choose a mascot that could overtake that brand.

Like I said, either Cajun Man or something so abstract as to not infringe on the name.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    You bet your sweet you know what there is.

How many times have you heard this? "Ragin Cajuns is the Brand"

Like I said, either Cajun Man or something so abstract as to not infringe on the name.
    Auburn are the plainsman, have an eagle and are tigers.

You think a gator is going to overtake the Ragin Cajun moniker.

4. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Auburn are the plainsman, have an eagle and are tigers.

You think a gator is going to overtake the Ragin Cajun moniker.
    'Ragin Cajuns,' outside of your top P5 brands, is the easiest moniker to identify to an area in collegiate athletics—maybe in business, period. If the hang-up is because of something overshadowing that brand, the person making that claim should be fired immediately. It's an absurd suggestion. We have brand recognition across the WORLD, not just in the states.

5. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post

I've never read a bigger endorsement of the alligator, and you may be right.

I still don't think this affects Ragin' Cajuns in the least.

If there is any school or any brand that has proven time and again that the Spirit Leader does not adversly affect the brand, its Louisiana.

The proof is right onder their noses.

Ragin' Cajuns. > Bulldog.
    Ragin' Cajuns > Cajun Chicken
    Ragin' Cajuns > Pepper

This school is more afraid of its shadow than it is about enhancing the game day experience.

But hey, you may be right. The natural alligator connection to Louisiana might be so powerful it does what a bulldog, chicken and pepper could never dream of doing, namely "overtake that brand."

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Sounds like a horrible excuse not to get anything done ! Yeah I don’t think anyone on this board or anywhere else is advocating getting rid of Ragin Cajuns.

Not saying you said that now how that is branded I mean it could be branded any number of ways.

I just think the most acceptable and the most popular method.

Who doesn’t associate Gators with Cajuns or Acadiana or Louisiana?

I mean Tulane is the Green Wave but have a Pelican as a mascot .
    An Albino alligator can’t be associated with anything Louisiana nor Cajun as one has never been captured in Louisiana. It’s the albino concept that everyone seems to object to.

I've never read a bigger endorsement of the alligator, and you may be right.

I still don't think this affects Ragin' Cajuns in the least.

If there is any school or any brand that has proven time and again that the Spirit Leader does not adversly affect the brand, its Louisiana.

The proof is right onder their noses.

Ragin' Cajuns. > Bulldog.
    Ragin' Cajuns > Cajun Chicken
    Ragin' Cajuns > Pepper

This school is more afraid of its shadow than it is about enhancing the game day experience.

But hey, you may be right. The natural alligator connection to Louisiana might be so powerful it does what a bulldog, chicken and pepper could never dream of doing, namely "overtake that brand."
    What gets me if it does take the Ragin Cajun Moniker then that’s a win!! The more publicity the better the brand.

That means the Gator mascot is/was successful!!

8. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    An Albino alligator can’t be associated with anything Louisiana nor Cajun as one has never been captured in Louisiana. It’s the albino concept that everyone seems to object to.
    Technically true (lately) the white alligators captured in Louisiana have had a dash of pigmentation usually in the eyes.

Louisiana used to breed them. (Albino to regular gator) Florida has taken two Albino alligators and successfully bred two albino parents. https://phys.org/news/2021-08-pair-r.s-hatched.html

Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries caught this on in 2009 https://www.wdsu.com/article/new-rar.ericas/3379754

No, I think that's a broad projection. Most people that object to it that I have spoken to and it's not a large number, it's the gator period. They really don't care if it's brown, purple, yellow or any other color. So, let's not start this nonsense about an albino gator being too white.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    No, I think that's a broad projection. Most people that object to it that I have spoken to and it's not a large number, it's the gator period. They really don't care if it's brown, purple, yellow or any other color. So, let's not start this nonsense about an albino gator being too white.
    I haven’t seen where it’s ‘too white’.

I fail to see the distinction between the "albino concept" and white. Again, the people I have discussed it with could care less about the "albino concept", but rather the concept of the Gator period.

Again you are an idiot. I’ve seen several albino alligators that would’ve been born in Louisiana. They don’t make it because of cannibalism. Like literally hundreds of them. In fact the ones at the aquarium are La born.

Again you are an idiot. I’ve seen several albino alligators that would’ve been born in Louisiana. They don’t make it because of cannibalism. Like literally hundreds of them. In fact the ones at the aquarium are La born.
    Your education is really paying off for you.
    So you’ve seen several that WOULD have been born in Louisiana? Why didn’t you call DWF since one has never been captured? ICYMI, an obviously you did, the white alligator in Audubon Zoo wasn’t an albino.

Now you know. You’re welcome.

14. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

I’ve seen several albino alligators that would’ve been born in Louisiana. They don’t make it because of cannibalism. Like literally hundreds of them. In fact the ones at the aquarium are La born.
    Louisiana even sold some to Florida for breeding that "would’ve been born in Louisiana"

Louisiana even sold some to Florida for breeding that "would’ve been born in Louisiana"
    They weren’t albino alligators

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread Information