Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

1. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Cory, unless you've got some sort of registration, copy right etc. Anyone can poach your work, you need to protect the NIL (no pun intended) of Al and your work...
    But I’m not trying to gate keep Al. I want someone to take Albineaux. I want all of you to take the character. I’m not doing any of this for a paycheck or credit. I fully believe I will be successful in all my other artistic ventures.

From the start, all I wanted to do was help solve a problem I started seeing with the fanbase.

Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by CouillonCinema View Post
    But I’m not trying to gate keep Al. I want someone to take Albineaux. I want all of you to take the character. I’m not doing any of this for a paycheck or credit. I fully believe I will be successful in all my other artistic ventures.

From the start, all I wanted to do was help solve a problem I started seeing with the fanbase.
    Same when it comes to the UL situation and coming up with a logo that identifies us as Louisiana I totally understand!!! Just trying to see it progress. It’s hard when the Administration doesn’t want the same thing .

Ragin Cajuns ! I guess that’s the name of our school.

3. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

I like it, stands out from other mascots and would be gold with kids

4. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Same when it comes to the UL situation and coming up with a logo that identifies us as Louisiana I totally understand!!! Just trying to see it progress. It’s hard when the Administration doesn’t want the same thing .

Ragin Cajuns ! I guess that’s the name of our school.
    I believe most suggest getting it registered isn’t for profit, but protecting it from being stolen from Louisiana. Florida and the Swamp just one example.

I'm somewhat indifferent when it comes to a mascot. But if we want or need one, I like Albino! I also really appreciate the amount of time and work put into it by CouillonCinema.

Sadly why can’t the administration act and we wouldn’t have this situation. No one is saying they have to do everything we say. Like I said this year we should be pulling out all the stop to be able to build fan engagement!!

Just do it !!

Sadly why can’t the administration act and we wouldn’t have this situation. No one is saying they have to do everything we say. Like I said this year we should be pulling out all the stop to be able to build fan engagement!!

Just do it !!
    I agree. Now that the CF is finally underway, it is more perplexing than ever why we have not had a mascot established. I mean, surely that would be a far easier (aka, low-hanging fruit) project for Dr Maggard to get done than CF? Or maybe CF was such a huge task that it sidelined the ‘smaller’ ones? Either way, it’s the last issue that he needs to address.

Given the Bureaucracy of todays University System, Al would probably have to pass several committee approvals at the University level and even more at the athletic level. You'd also have to find the money to create at least 2 AL costumes. Not to mention all the other stuff that goes along with protecting the intellectual and athletic property of the university...lots of steps in getting anything approved these days, we all know that...

A better idea may be to use the graphics of Al where appropriate during the 2024 Athletic year... Maybe an animated version for scoreboard/digital marketing use. Gradually get fan approval and then move on to a living and breathing Al.

This school is so far in the whole with creating a fan experience, it may never recover, especially under its current leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I agree. Now that the CF is finally underway, it is more perplexing than ever why we have not had a mascot established. I mean, surely that would be a far easier (aka, low-hanging fruit) project for Dr Maggard to get done than CF? Or maybe CF was such a huge task that it sidelined the ‘smaller’ ones? Either way, it’s the last issue that he needs to address.
    Creating a mascot is fun!! It’s like coming up with a Halloween costume. If we can’t get this done there is a serious situation going on here. If they cant organize a 1,000 dollar mascot project idk I wouldn’t even call it that because it would be so easy to establish. I mean the guy already did the work! Came up with a story and everything, all you got to do is find a tailor have them create the mascot, and find someone that is willing to be the mascot and that’s it.

10. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Copyright is not the hangup.

Trademark is the hangup.

They would rather do nothing than do something others could profit from.

They are so demoralized from not taking the logical steps to protect "Ragin Cajun" decades ago they would rather do nothing today.

I think they were short sighted then and in a different way, short sighted today.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Copyright is not the hangup.

Trademark is the hangup.

They would rather do nothing than do something others could profit from.

They are so demoralized from not taking the logical steps to protect "Ragin Cajun" decades ago they would rather do nothing today.

I think they were short sighted then and in a different way, short sighted today.
    Everytime I see a product branded "Ragin Cajun" I wonder if UL has recieved any NIL compensation for that product? My guess is UL has walked over $$$$ for many years to pick up dimes...

12. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Everytime I see a product branded "Ragin Cajun" I wonder if UL has recieved any NIL compensation for that product? My guess is UL has walked over $$$$ for many years to pick up dimes...
    "Too much work"

Here is something happening in Oklahoma come April.

https://allevents.in/shawnee/ragin%E...00025433817013

13. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

When school is back in session, a good ole fashioned, tried and true, WWII style leaflet drop over campus seems in order. Relentlessly drop so many leaflets that the administration has no choice but to respond in some manner. And if these leaflets happened to call out the administration over their ineptitude, we could turn the tide of the entire student body against the admin. They'd be forced to respond at some point. Social media pressure gives the admin a chance to ignore it as they feel, if they don't acknowledge, it's not legitimate. 20,000 leaflets falling in their back yard isn't something that can be ignored.

and to be clear, I'm just kidding....unless you gonna do it.

From what I understand about this, our patent/brand only applies to athletics. So, for ex, a restaurant that wants to (and is) called ‘Ragin Cajuns’ is outside our patent.

Creating a mascot is fun!! It’s like coming up with a Halloween costume. If we can’t get this done there is a serious situation going on here. If they cant organize a 1,000 dollar mascot project idk I wouldn’t even call it that because it would be so easy to establish. I mean the guy already did the work! Came up with a story and everything, all you got to do is find a tailor have them create the mascot, and find someone that is willing to be the mascot and that’s it.
    The mascot will probably cost upwards of $10K

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information