Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

1. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    They weren’t albino alligators
    Read the article on phys.org

Louisiana used to to breed albino alligators. "the surviving" means their ancestors were from Louisiana.

https://phys.org/news/2021-08-pair-r...2C%20he%20said.

Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

They weren’t albino alligators
    Damn, you really on here debating pigmentation condition semantics lol. Leucism vs. Albinism.

Get a life baw

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Read the article on phys.org

Louisiana used to to breed albino alligators. "the surviving" means their ancestors were from Louisiana.

https://phys.org/news/2021-08-pair-r...2C%20he%20said.
    The gator couple—a male called Blizzard and a female called Snowflake—are living at the Wild Florida Airboats facility in Kenansville. They became the first pair of breeding albino alligators in Central Florida after being acquired from St. Augustine Alligator Farm in May 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Damn, you really on here debating pigmentation condition semantics lol. Leucism vs. Albinism.

Get a life baw
    Bruh. A leucistic alligator vs. an albino alligator are two totally different things. It’s not semantics. At all.

Your education is really paying off for you.
    So you’ve seen several that WOULD have been born in Louisiana? Why didn’t you call DWF since one has never been captured? ICYMI, an obviously you did, the white alligator in Audubon Zoo wasn’t an albino.

Now you know. You’re welcome.
    Let’s see, I’ve picked over 1 million alligator eggs in my lifetime. My relatives have farmed roughly 100k alligators since 1995. All eggs have been taken from the Louisiana marshland.

So before you continue to sound like a complete imbecile, understand you will never be the smartest man in the room.

6. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

The gator couple—a male called Blizzard and a female called Snowflake—are living at the Wild Florida Airboats facility in Kenansville. They became the first pair of breeding albino alligators in Central Florida after being acquired from St. Augustine Alligator Farm in May 2017.
    Decendants of Louisiana albino gators. Phys.org gave the back story.

Quote Originally Posted by phys.org
    Albino alligators were bred infrequently in Louisiana years ago, Haught said. The albino population with its roots in Louisiana are suspected to have spawned from the mating of two non-albino alligators.

The albinos that were found in the area were typically sold to zoos or private collectors, he said.

Haught said the surviving albino gators nowadays are born in captivity.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Let’s see, I’ve picked over 1 million alligator eggs in my lifetime. My relatives have farmed roughly 100k alligators since 1995. All eggs have been taken from the Louisiana marshland.

So before you continue to sound like a complete imbecile, understand you will never be the smartest man in the room.
    I don’t have to be the smartest person in the room. But I’m smart enough to know the leucistic alligators in Audubon zoo aren’t albino.

8. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

I don’t have to be the smartest person in the room. But I’m smart enough to know the leucistic alligators in Audubon zoo aren’t albino.
    The existing albino alligator popULations have their roots in Louisiana.

FFS, just exit the discussion already.

There have been some strange discussions on this board over the years but this one…..

This one has turned out to be really strange. Goodness gracious

11. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Bruh. A leucistic alligator vs. an albino alligator are two totally different things. It’s not semantics. At all.
    No one cares. You’re just being a troll. Per usual.

Good Morning Raginpagin!!!!!

Name:  STm3ldw-1268290821.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  43.8 KB

Bring him back.

https://www.yardbarker.com/college_f...405296#slide_1

The greatest college mascots of all time
    Updated August 05, 2019 | By Sam Greszes

19. University of Louisiana-Lafayette: Cayenne

No, that isn't a "Banjo-Kazooie" enemy who wandered onto a basketball court; that's Cayenne, the nightmarish anthropomorphic pepper who cheers on the Ragin' Cajuns. Unfortunately, the team has been prone to flaming out in the postseason, having never made it past the second round of the tournament since its wins from the 1972 and '73 seasons were vacated.
    https://theind.com/articles/10940/

UL's Cayenne among top 25 mascots

by Leslie Turk

Yahoo! Sports ranks the Ragin' Cajuns' Cayenne among the best mascots in the country.

In its just-released, "Top 25 Great College Football Mascots: More Than Just Oversized Heads," Yahoo! Sports ranks UL's Cayenne among the country's "unique, inspiring, and memorable nicknames/mascots" of the 2012 season.

A menacing, well-chosen nickname designed to instill fear in the heart of an opponent is essential to college football success. With this in mind, I submit 25 memorable mascots as we gird up our loins for another season of collegiate gridiron action. Before you bewail why your favorite didn't make the list, please keep in mind that the countdown only goes to 25.

Here's what the writer had to say about Cayenne, which ranked No. 23:

Louisiana Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns - Cayenne is unquestionably college football's hottest mascot. Since the cayenne pepper is a staple food of Louisiana, in particular in the southern region around Lafayette, Cayenne is a unique and uniquely suited mascot.

Chicks dig him.

Name:  hi-res-5830258_crop_exact.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  644.4 KB

15. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Good Morning Raginpagin!!!!!

Name:  STm3ldw-1268290821.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  43.8 KB
    Doesn't a New Orleans Funeral March usually involve a casket?

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information