Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Fear.

That has been the modus operandi of this university since 1974

2. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    From what I understand about this, our patent/brand only applies to athletics. So, for ex, a restaurant that wants to (and is) called ‘Ragin Cajuns’ is outside our patent.
    I could be patently wrong but I don't think patent comes into play.

You can tradmark a phrase, "Ragin' Cajuns" is a phrase.

I think you are right about the protection being limited to where you told the trademark office it was relevant.

That would not stop Louisiana from expanding its area of relevance, but that requires work and corralling cats in the wild requires even more real work.

Trademark protection is the only option.

jmo

3. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Given the Bureaucracy of todays University System, Al would probably have to pass several committee approvals at the University level and even more at the athletic level. You'd also have to find the money to create at least 2 AL costumes. Not to mention all the other stuff that goes along with protecting the intellectual and athletic property of the university...lots of steps in getting anything approved these days, we all know that...

A better idea may be to use the graphics of Al where appropriate during the 2024 Athletic year... Maybe an animated version for scoreboard/digital marketing use. Gradually get fan approval and then move on to a living and breathing Al.

This school is so far in the whole with creating a fan experience, it may never recover, especially under its current leadership.
    ……..So my son-in-law ever in the athletics sports world tells me the cost of coming up with a mascot/icon type runs at about 300k……can this run this high for Albineaux?

4. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ……..So my son-in-law ever in the athletics sports world tells me the cost of coming up with a mascot/icon type runs at about 300k……can this run this high for Albineaux?
    Yes, if you hire an outside firm, which is what they did for Cayenne and why they kept throwing good money after bad.

Organic development is the prefered route, no need to be afraid of your shadow.

5. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Presenting a new initiative to a fanbase will cost money no matter how organic it is. But if you were to pay a marketing firm to create a character, the university would have to cover the cost of the research and development, the design phase, and buy all trademarks associated, this is all before the cost of print and rollout.

What I’ve done is pretty much most of the research and development portion. The university can still design the character how they want. And since Albineaux is my original IP, all they would need to do is talk to me to create the trademark. Which is what I’m trying to get them to do while I’m not seeking a dime from them.

Out athletic budget operated at 5 million dollar deficit last year. I’m barking up the wrong tree if I was doing this for money haha.

Hopefully we can get the Al the mascot approved .

Mascot we don’t need no freaking mascot.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Mascot we don’t need no freaking mascot.
    Yes, we do!

9. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Mascot we don’t need ANOTHER freaking mascot.
    Fixed it for you. I agree.

LookSeeAna you will find ... Louisiana already has one.

It's on campus as we speak.

10. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

It’s been so heartwarming to see how well received phase 2 of Albineaux has been.

I see young people who never post about UL picking up the Albineaux banner with Ragin Cajun pride. Seeing them lose their apathy is just so awesome to see.

I hope 2024 is an amazing year for the Ragin Cajun faithful.

Attached Images Attached Images      

Quote Originally Posted by CouillonCinema View Post
    It’s been so heartwarming to see how well received phase 2 of Albineaux has been.

I see young people who never post about UL picking up the Albineaux banner with Ragin Cajun pride. Seeing them lose their apathy is just so awesome to see.

I hope 2024 is an amazing year for the Ragin Cajun faithful.
    Have you heard anything from the administration yet?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Lmfao!!!

Well, look no further than the billboard at Johnston and CD Boulevard to see the effort coming from MH. Only one I’ve seen. Can’t even remember exactly what it says.

14. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    The only thing I've heard from someone related to the administration is the best way to make Albineaux a reality is to get in contact with someone within the athletic foundation. And then try and get them all on board.

Saw Couillion on TV today. Great presentation on Albineaux.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information