Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread: The Second Pitch for Albineaux in the Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

1. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    I don’t think as of now, AI generated ‘art’ can be copyrighted
    Cory can speak for himself but I have copies of the vector art and know who he has been working with to create Al. That is nothing AI about it. The desk gator that he posted last week might be, but the renderings in the campaign are not.

You are a clown trying to discredit a man for his work. GTFO

Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Cory can speak for himself but I have copies of the vector art and know who he has been working with to create Al. That is nothing AI about it. The desk gator that he posted last week might be, but the renderings in the campaign are not.

You are a clown trying to discredit a man for his work. GTFO
    Nobody is discrediting his work.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    There’s not a single thing borrowed about it. Every detail has a link and back story. It’s the reason why I bought in.
    Outside of the fact that it's a Gator, a Albino Gator (a very popular exhibit at the Zoo in NOLA) and Claude (another Albino Gator in exhibit in California), you are right there is nothing unoriginal about it.

I can see you bought in, but you guys have also added your own narrative. Ya'll clearly stated on the podcast that this was his attempt to create conversation and not the final product. He stated in this thread he is committed to Albineaux and his pushing forward.

I've stayed out of this discussion for the most part, and I disagree with the personal attacks on Corey on Facebook. Hell, I disagree with many of those people especially those wanting the return of the Bulldog. But I'm a not in favor of Albineaux and I wish Corey would work on other concepts. His public campaign to get the administration to look at his work will not work; they are not interested in the Gator concept.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Outside of the fact that it's a Gator, a Albino Gator (a very popular exhibit at the Zoo in NOLA) and Claude (another Albino Gator in exhibit in California), you are right there is nothing unoriginal about it.

I can see you bought in, but you guys have also added your own narrative. Ya'll clearly stated on the podcast that this was his attempt to create conversation and not the final product. He stated in this thread he is committed to Albineaux and his pushing forward.

I've stayed out of this discussion for the most part, and I disagree with the personal attacks on Corey on Facebook. Hell, I disagree with many of those people especially those wanting the return of the Bulldog. But I'm a not in favor of Albineaux and I wish Corey would work on other concepts. His public campaign to get the administration to look at his work will not work; they are not interested in the Gator concept.
    Name one thing that they are interested in ? If not a gator then what ?

Agreed.

6. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

They're not interested in any concept. Gerry and Nick have their thoughts on the concept, but I think this works for many reasons. There is no other Albino Gator mascot in sports.

The administration idea of a mascot!
    A fighting okra and a cayenne pepper

Name:  IMG_6661.jpeg
Views: 81
Size:  18.2 KB

Name:  IMG_6662.jpeg
Views: 80
Size:  22.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Name one thing that they are interested in ? If not a gator then what ?
    Ask them, this is what I was told. They have people being paid to do this job, my understanding is it will remain Ragin' Cajuns. How that is branded by a mascot, I have not clue.

Ask them, this is what I was told. They have people being paid to do this job, my understanding is it will remain Ragin' Cajuns. How that is branded by a mascot, I have not clue.
    I am trying to think how you would brand that as a mascot? Cajun Man? Troy Landry? A man in a FDL outfit? A Mardi Gras King? A Cajun Jester?

I am thinking what could work ?

Something not a Gator I mean I guess there is other options.

I think I found it. We been over looking it the entire time

Name:  IMG_6663.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  135.0 KB

We had a freakin' chicken on our sideline for years, while we were the Ragin' Cajuns AND had a live bulldog on the sideline.

No one seemed to have a problem with any of that.

Sounds like a horrible excuse not to get anything done ! Yeah I don’t think anyone on this board or anywhere else is advocating getting rid of Ragin Cajuns.

Not saying you said that now how that is branded I mean it could be branded any number of ways.

I just think the most acceptable and the most popular method.

Who doesn’t associate Gators with Cajuns or Acadiana or Louisiana?

I mean Tulane is the Green Wave but have a Pelican as a mascot .

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns1 View Post
    We had a freakin' chicken on our sideline for years, while we were the Ragin' Cajuns AND had a live bulldog on the sideline.

No one seemed to have a problem with any of that.
    I'm not making any arguments for the administration, that's their job. I have my own opinion and stated it without the personal attacks. If you and others have a different opinion cool. I have stayed out of this conversation for the most part and social media has become the battle ground of stupidity at times.

The Golden Rule of nicknames:

If your nickname is a group of people, then your mascot must be a physical representation of said people or a background figure that either helps define said people or is just a fun spirit leader.

Having a mascot that would cause confusion as to what is the real nickname or lessen the real nickname would be breaking the Golden Rule.

I'm guessing they see the alligator as an agent of confusion and/or taking away from the uniqueness of Ragin Cajuns (One and Only).

I'm not making any arguments for the administration, that's their job. I have my own opinion and stated it without the personal attacks. If you and others have a different opinion cool. I have stayed out of this conversation for the most part and social media has become the battle ground of stupidity at times.
    I appreciated it, I wouldn’t take anything that is said against you but the Administration. I get it I totally do, you are just bringing light into the conversation.

15. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Sounds like a horrible excuse not to get anything done ! Yeah I don’t think anyone on this board or anywhere else is advocating getting rid of Ragin Cajuns.

Not saying you said that now how that is branded I mean it could be branded any number of ways.

I just think the most acceptable and the most popular method.

Who doesn’t associate Gators with Cajuns or Acadiana or Louisiana?

I mean Tulane is the Green Wave but have a Pelican as a mascot .
    It’s the we can’t do that mentally. It’s in the university DNA.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread Information