Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread: The Second Pitch for Albineaux in the Campaign for the Next UL Mascot

1. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

I appreciate the compliment! I just watched it myself. Here’s a link to the article if anyone missed the segment. The reporter is a former UL cheerleader who loves the idea. It’s so awesome that all this is being carried by alums who just want to see UL succeed.

https://www.klfy.com/local/lafayette.s-next-mascot/

2. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by CouillonCinema View Post
    I appreciate the compliment! I just watched it myself. Here’s a link to the article if anyone missed the segment. The reporter is a former UL cheerleader who loves the idea. It’s so awesome that all this is being carried by alums who just want to see UL succeed.

https://www.klfy.com/local/lafayette.s-next-mascot/
    Awesome spokesman you are.

Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

TV spot kept saying "new mascot approval process is headed to the next step". I'm assuming "next step" is getting someone at UL to read it?

I actually really like this. Go on TV and act like UL is involved with doing something not stupid, and force them to go on record as doing the opposite.

4. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    TV spot kept saying "new mascot approval process is headed to the next step". I'm assuming "next step" is getting someone at UL to read it?

I actually really like this. Go on TV and act like UL is involved with doing something not stupid, and force them to go on record as doing the opposite.
    I’ve been told the difference between Albineaux’s grassroots and John of Krewe Allons grassroots is he made sure to get everybody in the athletic department onboard before he launched.

Unlike me, which from face value, it looks like I just appeared out of nowhere and started being a possible disrupter to whatever the university could be planning with a mascot. However, I sent multiple emails to departments in the university asking for an opportunity to pitch Albineaux three years ago. I got no answer and assumed it was because I was a relative nobody on the university’s radar. Unlike John, who I appreciate btw, I didn’t have the head basketball coach’s phone number in my contacts, or any athletic department insider’s contact for that matter.

I don’t want to stay on the outside and continue to be seen as maybe a thorn in the university’s side. I legitimately want to work with them. I’m very passionate about my school. I’m very passionate about this project. And I’m very passionate about the future of UL and Acadiana. That is why I continue to put me and my talents out there, available for public scrutiny and criticism, in hopes to one day be taken seriously by the administration.

That’s why I will continue to ask if anyone has an email or a number that they think would be useful for me to reach out to, I will do it.

5. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

I’ve been told the difference between Albineaux’s grassroots and John of Krewe Allons grassroots is he made sure to get everybody in the athletic department onboard before he launched.

Unlike me, which from face value, it looks like I just appeared out of nowhere and started being a possible disrupter to whatever the university could be planning with a mascot. However, I sent multiple emails to departments in the university asking for an opportunity to pitch Albineaux three years ago. I got no answer and assumed it was because I was a relative nobody on the university’s radar. Unlike John, who I appreciate btw, I didn’t have the head basketball coach’s phone number in my contacts, or any athletic department insider’s contact for that matter.

I don’t want to stay on the outside and continue to be seen as maybe a thorn in the university’s side. I legitimately want to work with them. I’m very passionate about my school. I’m very passionate about this project. And I’m very passionate about the future of UL and Acadiana. That is why I continue to put me and my talents out there, available for public scrutiny and criticism, in hopes to one day be taken seriously by the administration.

That’s why I will continue to ask if anyone has an email or a number that they think would be useful for me to reach out to, I will do it.
    Translation: He didn’t allow the university to claim his work as their own. He didn’t do it “their” way.

I know you don’t want to be a thorn in the side of the admin mate, but this is why so many people end up going sour on UL. I wish I could share all the different stories and people we’ve encountered along the way with RR telling us about their experiences with this university. Unless something changes radically, you’ll ultimately end up taking the same road most of us have to take: just keep showing up and sharing what you have with the passionate people who actually care about our university, our culture and enhancing the things that make acadiana great. The bureaucrats that make decisions in MH do not fall into any of those categories.

Just keep showing up. The people will embrace you.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Translation: He didn’t allow the university to claim his work as their own. He didn’t do it “their” way.

I know you don’t want to be a thorn in the side of the admin mate, but this is why so many people end up going sour on UL. I wish I could share all the different stories and people we’ve encountered along the way with RR telling us about their experiences with this university. Unless something changes radically, you’ll ultimately end up taking the same road most of us have to take: just keep showing up and sharing what you have with the passionate people who actually care about our university, our culture and enhancing the things that make acadiana great. The bureaucrats that make decisions in MH do not fall into any of those categories.

Just keep showing up. The people will embrace you.
    You would think the administration would want better for the University and the community! Something as simple as a mascot pushes the needle a long way. Awesome segment to put pressure !

7. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    You would think the administration would want better for the University and the community! Something as simple as a mascot pushes the needle a long way. Awesome segment to put pressure !
    They want better for the University and community as long as they get credit and it advances their careers and/or profiles.

8. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Posted this on Twitter yesterday. Here’s another benefit to embracing Albineaux for our university spirit leader.

Albineaux allows UL fans to show their pride in so many ways. Imagine walking into the office of a CEO and seeing one of these on the desk. It’s something that immediately says “I’m a Ragin Cajun,” but is more elegant & subtle than a pepper and more identifiable than a bulldog.

Attached Images Attached Images    

9. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Here’s some more Albineaux art to start off the year as well.

Attached Images Attached Images    

Those are fantastic

Love all of it!

Good luck to you and your efforts. Hopefully all your work and dedication will pay off.

13. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

The non noise from MH is deafening.

14. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

I do have Evan Roberts’ email from my time at the Vermilion, as well as Matt Sullivan’s. Though I don’t know what power they have, they’re the primary communications people for football. Seeing as how Al is a football-oriented mascot, that works out I think.

15. Default Re: Campaign for the Next UL Mascot: The Second Pitch for Albineaux

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    The non noise from MH is deafening.
    Fugg em. Fugg em all.

Keep going, Cory. Make them pay attention.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread Information