Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: Offensive Coordinator ?

1. Default Re: Offensive Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    I dont care if we get a polite or an offensive coordinator.
    So long as we get someone who can call good plays based on: available talent and the on field dynamics
    LOL

Touché

Default Re: Offensive Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Got just 2 words to say here Louie Cook. lol thought I’d be the first.
    Indest running the Wing T.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Most of the atrocious offensive plays would have worked with average skill levels. The defense? Clearly we didn’t have enough quality players to play one on one pass defense. Instead tried the soft zone defense that rarely works. It lets the opponent burn clock and generally a score, too often a touchdown.
    We had enough talent to win 10 games this year.

4. Default Re: Offensive Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    We had enough talent to win 10 games this year.
    Wrong. We had many injuries to the offensive line as well as the defensive line. That’s where you win and lose most games. Also the defensive backs were average. So no, not ten.

Wrong. We had many injuries to the offensive line as well as the defensive line. That’s where you win and lose most games. Also the defensive backs were average. So no, not ten.
    I love these made up win totals that ignore injuries. OL, DL banged up. Finished the year with the 3rd string QB. But sure 10 wins easy.

Georgia State, Southern Miss, Jacksonville State, ODU. All games we could have won despite injury. 3/4 we had in our grasp and ____ed away.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    I love these made up win totals that ignore injuries. OL, DL banged up. Finished the year with the 3rd string QB. But sure 10 wins easy.
    I wouldn't have said 10, but I definitely believe 8 for sure, not counting the bowl game. That would make 9 at the very end.

Name:  OffenseSnapshot.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  125.5 KB

Taken from the position description.

The above doesn't look like an OL position coach.

Notice the "Calling plays for the offense during the game"

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    The job listing is incorrect, this is for the OL Coach position. I heard he will be interviewing a few coaches the Coaches Convention in January.
    You think it's a fake?

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    You think it's a fake?
    Potential for maybe hiring both? A play calling OC and an OL coach?

That's interesting.that language would not be in an OL coach description.

Also impressed you read it. ;-)

Let me ask you something, does the title of Running Game Coordinator make you the play caller? What I'm suggesting is the OL Coach may have the title of OL/Running Game Coordinator, do you believe it's likely that Coach Desormeaux, that same guy that currently has two former College OC's in Leger and Munoz on his staff, will hire someone to take over the play calling in his program?

No, I don't think it's fake, but I do think it's greatly exaggerated to help find a good candidate. I will be totally shocked if he hands over play calling in his program.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Let me ask you something, does the title of Running Game Coordinator make you the play caller? What I'm suggesting is the OL Coach may have the title of OL/Running Game Coordinator, do you believe it's likely that Coach Desormeaux, that same guy that currently has two former College OC's in Leger and Munoz on his staff, will hire someone to take over the play calling in his program?

No, I don't think it's fake, but I do think it's greatly exaggerated to help find a good candidate. I will be totally shocked if he hands over play calling in his program.
    Well T, my opinion is I don't think it does. I believe "calling plays for the offensive during the game" is exactly what we think it is. Yes, it is interesting, and it's a bit surprising to me, because I wouldn't have thought Des would give that duty up. I guess we will find out in the not too distant future.

Well T, my opinion is I don't think it does. I believe "calling plays for the offensive during the game" is exactly what we think it is. Yes, it is interesting, and it's a bit surprising to me, because I wouldn't have thought Des would give that duty up. I guess we will find out in the not too distant future.
    Maybe Des didn’t have a choice. Maggard knows fan support has been declining and another meh season won’t cut it
    Wonder if he got extended?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information