Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9

Thread: Offensive Coordinator ?

Default Re: Offensive Coordinator ?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Well, I do agree that he should step aside as OC and let someone else call plays but I do hope its someone outside of the 3 you are wanting.
    But if we don’t have the money…

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    But if we don’t have the money…
    If we don’t have the money then we have bigger problems than who the OC is. We should have the money to pay an OC at or above the average OC pay in conference.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Well, I do agree that he should step aside as OC and let someone else call plays but I do hope its someone outside of the 3 you are wanting.
    The only thing I would like to see is Des being the HC and someone else calling the plays.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    The only thing I would like to see is Des being the HC and someone else calling the plays.
    This would have been worth at least 2 games this season, maybe 4. Last season too.

The official response I received from the athletic department is this listing is not for an Offensive Coordinator. I was told this is how they describe the Offensive Line Coach position.

I stated earlier given the decision of Coach Desormeaux to call his own plays, I didn't foresee any change coming in his position.

6. Default Re: Offensive Coordinator ?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    The official response I received from the athletic department is this listing is not for an Offensive Coordinator. I was told this is how they describe the Offensive Line Coach position.

I stated earlier given the decision of Coach Desormeaux to call his own plays, I didn't foresee any change coming in his position.
    Curious, why they don't just say
    "Offensive Line Coach"?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Curious, why they don't just say
    "Offensive Line Coach"?
    Their official reply was this is how they wanted the position listed.

I think this is the overwhelming thought from fans

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post

That would certainly be misleading to an applicant reading the job description. It specifically has things in it that would be an OCs duties.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    That would certainly be misleading to an applicant reading the job description. It specifically has things in it that would be an OCs duties.
    It could be posted that way because it pays more than a traditional OL coach does. Very similar to Rob Sale.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    It could be posted that way because it pays more than a traditional OL coach does. Very similar to Rob Sale.
    I assumed Leger currently is that Rob Sale type paid on staff since his title is OC,WR coach and recruiting coordinator. Maybe Tim will lose the OC title?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9

Thread Information