Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kreweallons.com

1. Default Re: Kreweallons.com

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Every athlete at Utah, not just football player.
    Get a vehicle, or use? I mean you give me a truck, and I can go to BYU tomorrow after all

Default Re: Kreweallons.com

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Get a vehicle, or use? I mean you give me a truck, and I can go to BYU tomorrow after all
    I know, I hate to think that my hard earned money is going into the pocket of someone who is going to blow it on something other than education. It's such a risky proposition with little to no return. Most people around here don't have to worry about that because they could care less and give ZERO. I'm sorry but that's the way I feel. Ok, excuse me while I go write a check to UL.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Ok, I respect your decision but, If everyone thought like you we would not have an athletic program period. The NCAA needs to get their sh$t together and figure out a plan that satisfies everyone, not just the big money universities.
    Investing in the current ncaa model is a losing preposition. I don’t fault anyone for doing whatever they want with their money, but I don’t feel for myself, that it is worth it.

4. Default Re: Kreweallons.com

The NCAA can completely shut down particular athletic programs in a university, but can't regulate individual players?

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    I personally will never donate to a collective. I agree with NIL and players being able to use their name, image and likeness but not what it has become. These kids should be able to get sponsorships, do ads for companies and use their name for a clothing line or YouTube page/podcast, etc but not basically handed money through contracts.

My days of investing in college athletics are close to being completely over. Unless major changes happen, it’s just not worth it for me. I’ll watch the Cajuns but I’m past the time of caring like I have in the past.
    I feel the same way as Clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Every vehicle is leased through a particular dealership. Players get use of the vehicle and insurance paid.

OMG, I can't believe I agree with Ahole Lindsey.

https://www.deseret.com/2023/10/17/2...lindsey-graham

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Every athlete at Utah, not just football player.
    So THAT'S the track team you and I should have been on!

Doubtful I'd have been good enough to be on scholarship there. Maybe you.

9. Default Re: Kreweallons.com

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    All I know is, “we all we got.” No one is coming to save our program. The admin is not here to protect it. Athletic admin is here to advance themselves, not our community. We’ll have to do it ourselves.

Aiken is more closely aligned to everyday fan. NIL, like it or not, will determine our product on the field.

The RCAF is a disaster and I stopped giving to the general fund (from my personal accounts) a couple years ago. I now only give to specific initiatives. I will be allocating money that used to go to GF now to NIL. I would rather pay a few grand to guys like Aiken that have the hustle and understand their purpose than a bunch of stubborn know-it-alls hell bent on wasting my money paying mediocre professionals like Marlin to drive our programs into irrelevance.
    Nix the program and give all that money and investment to softball and baseball. We need some natty’s in our trophy case. Football was never going to get one.

John needs to hit up our many personal injury attorneys that graduated from UL. Digger Earles and Brian Caubarreaux are two for sure. He probably already asked them however.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    John needs to hit up our many personal injury attorneys that graduated from UL. Digger Earles and Brian Caubarreaux are two for sure. He probably already asked them however.
    There's a current scum trial lawyer who does NIL with some of our players, yet has also enticed the ones he likes to jump ____ and cross the Basin.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    I personally will never donate to a collective. I agree with NIL and players being able to use their name, image and likeness but not what it has become. These kids should be able to get sponsorships, do ads for companies and use their name for a clothing line or YouTube page/podcast, etc but not basically handed money through contracts.

My days of investing in college athletics are close to being completely over. Unless major changes happen, it’s just not worth it for me. I’ll watch the Cajuns but I’m past the time of caring like I have in the past.
    This is about where I am. In a way this whole thing woke me up into prioritizing things better. I’m going to finance my kids.

The one with the big LSU flag flying in front of his place on I-10 in Baton Rouge?

Frankly the way athletes are being paid by hitting up donors is warped, but its free market economy at work. The marketplace should cure it eventually or maybe the system will crash first. Probably the cure now is the football student athletes becoming employees of the university. Of course then unions and collective bargaining enter the picture. Yuck. The devil is in the details. IDK if football somehow operates outside the NCAA governance, that might be part of the solution. Conferences continue with only Olympic sports. Football is part of something else, a two tiered national type of association. Hate to say like the NFL, but yeah. Blah. University presidents and major media company money have corrupted college football. And the way it looks today, they are not done corrupting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    There's a current scum trial lawyer who does NIL with some of our players, yet has also enticed the ones he likes to jump ____ and cross the Basin.
    They Got Gordon?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information