Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kreweallons.com

Default Re: Kreweallons.com

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    IDK if football somehow operates outside the NCAA governance, that might be part of the solution.
    If football is going to operate outside of the NCAA, then just go ahead and sever it completely from the universities as well, or at least those football teams that choose to. Just become a minor league, wipe the university's name off the uniform, and no more scholarships to said university. Just go ahead and get yourself paid like the professional you want to be.

No more LSU Tigers, Ohio State Buckeyes or Florida Gators. You're now the Baton Rouge Bengals, Ohio State Teletubbies and Gainesville Crocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Sorry, I'm just at the point right now where I'm disgusted with the whole damn thing. Especially when the no-sit portal is part of the equation.

Honestly debating whether to be part of the RCAF any more, or just split my pennies into giving directly to baseball, softball and track & field.
    Do you think if they increased the scrutiny of transferring academic credits, at least to the extent it is for regular students, it would lead to more having to sit out and the rest not transferring

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    All I know is, “we all we got.” No one is coming to save our program. The admin is not here to protect it. Athletic admin is here to advance themselves, not our community. We’ll have to do it ourselves.

Aiken is more closely aligned to everyday fan. NIL, like it or not, will determine our product on the field.

The RCAF is a disaster and I stopped giving to the general fund (from my personal accounts) a couple years ago. I now only give to specific initiatives. I will be allocating money that used to go to GF now to NIL. I would rather pay a few grand to guys like Aiken that have the hustle and understand their purpose than a bunch of stubborn know-it-alls hell bent on wasting my money paying mediocre professionals like Marlin to drive our programs into irrelevance.
    Man,
    I was told that RCAF answers to the same bureaucrat that the Alumni Assn answers to. If thats true, it explains alot.

No more LSU Tigers, Ohio State Buckeyes or Florida Gators. You're now the Baton Rouge Bengals, Ohio State Teletubbies and Gainesville Crocks.
    Im sure they would have somebody besides the marketing expert fan of 71 come up with better branding than that

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Investing in the current ncaa model is a losing preposition. I don’t fault anyone for doing whatever they want with their money, but I don’t feel for myself, that it is worth it.
    If players want to do local pizza commercials I'm about it. Would probably visit those places more often. However I'm supporting 2 kids already I ain't paying for someone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    If players want to do local pizza commercials I'm about it. Would probably visit those places more often. However I'm supporting 2 kids already I ain't paying for someone else's.
    Exactly.

It has been an over correction to the previous rules. If a kid starts a clothing company, he/she should be allowed to profit but not hand outs.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    Man,
    I was told that RCAF answers to the same bureaucrat that the Alumni Assn answers to. If thats true, it explains alot.
    Yup. And that’s the irony of NIL. Can’t be part of university and they desperately need the NIL funds.

So THAT'S the track team you and I should have been on!

Doubtful I'd have been good enough to be on scholarship there. Maybe you.
    I wish! I may have been good enough, but I still would’ve barely went to class lol

Return to the old transfer rules and grant zero waivers.

Graduate students are free to transfer and immediately eligible. They have fulfilled their obligation to the university.

Knowing a player would have to sit and lose a year of eligibility would solve a lot of it.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post

Graduate students are free to transfer and immediately eligible. They have fulfilled their obligation to the university.

Knowing a player would have to sit and lose a year of eligibility would solve a lot of it.
    This, along with NIL contract buyout clauses and limits, has to happen to save the sport

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post

With how the ncaa has faired in lawsuits, the transfer rule will likely get looser, not tighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    If I have to pay kids to play I should be considered an owner and get free admission to games.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    If I have to pay kids to play I should be considered an owner and get free admission to games.
    Ain't that the truth. It should be enough that we pay to watch them play, and now we have to pay FOR them to play here? F that. Not gonna do it. Not that important to me.

I think the administration and NCAA need to immediately stop referring to these athletes as "Student Athletes"!!! They are now paid, professional athletes! Stop trying to fool people into believing in something that no longer exists.

15. UL Football Re: Kreweallons.com

I’m more inclined to tip the counter clerk at McDougals than contribute to a NIL. I understand it’s vital, but I just as soon they complete the demolition and fill the hole.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information